The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know age is catching up to me.The other night I left the keys in the garage door lock.Found then still there the next day with nothing missing .

My days got all screwed up the past week remembering what day it was.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-31-2015, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think that ol' devil age is to blame.

You lose your dad, you lose your mom, you lose several of your colleagues, and your brain starts to do weird things (like suddenly remembering incidents decades ago while forgetting what you ate for lunch three hours ago).

The stuff you could easily toss off at age 30 becomes a lot more rankling thirty years on when it happens again.

"I've been tolerating their crap for five years" is a lot different from "I've been tolerating their crap for thirty-five years." The latter makes a stentorian ring in the soul, like an enormous bell.

Your boundaries—the cajolery or mistreatment you agree to tolerate from others—get stronger with age, not weaker. At age 30, you're a lot more likely to look back with self-annoyance at something you grudgingly agreed to than you are at age 60. By that point, very few people are going to do anything they really don't want to do.

that's what Karen's there for…. I recall reading in various interviews of the last decade or so: Stevie couldn't remember how to turn the disco ball on -- "Karen!!" Another time with another journalist she couldn't remember how to turn her projector tv on -- "Karen!!" In the SYW doc she was fiddling with the singing fish and there's Karen hovering literally ready to jump in and take over.

Don't be surprised when Stevie finally departs this earth and her will is unveiled…. everything is left to Karen…. "Just sign this document, here, Stevie…oh, it's nothing, just an autograph for a fan……"

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-31-2015 at 07:56 PM..
Old 01-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Don't be surprised when Stevie finally departs this earth and her will is unveiled…. everything is left to Karen…. "Just sign this document, here, Stevie…oh, it's nothing, just an autograph for a fan……"
That's priceless!

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

haha stevie doesnt even sign autographs for fans anymore except for special events. Ego maniac.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Nobody has the balls
To tell you what to do!
I can't even remember the day
I stopped loving you.
One day you will see
our music made right
While you were doing your stupid
ego indulgent selfie night!!!
Hot damn!I don't know what you do for a living but you have hidden talent!Those lyrics are better than half of the s**t I hear on the radio.This could very well be your claim to fame and all of us can say"I knew him when he was just a ledgie"......And since you brought it up - am I the only one who just doesn't get the selfie,ahem,"self portrait" thing?First she said that she couldn't sleep at night and did them to pass the time and never thought that anyone would ever see them.Then she intentionally takes them out and markets them in a public exhibit with outrageous price tags on them and brags about how she made "alot of money" and is damn proud of it - like she f**king needs it .I wonder how much her personal shrine in her house is worth?Maybe I'll call the Wilson sisters and ask them.....
Old 02-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I agree... at least it would get Karen's attention.

Not that Karen has time to answer; she is too busy washing and hanging dry that same darn black shoulderless shirt.
Wash and wear????Divas wear ONLY dry cleaned threads my dear
Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sometimes I look up and make myself remember what I'm wearing today, without looking down.

I used to say, "take that to work with you tomorrow," and I'd remember no problem. Now, I have to start leaving things RIGHT in front of my door if I want to remember to take it out with me.

But certainly I'm at a point where I'm going to take a lot less guff from anyone. I just don't care anymore and I can understand Stevie feeling that way too, but instead of playing games she should just walk away. As you get older, most people are LESS inclined to play games than they were 35 years ago, but Stevie seems more so. She's giving the same baiting interviews that she was giving in the eighties. And yes, Mick and Lindsey still talk to her in the media as well.

I'm not surprised that they're fed up with each other. I am surprised that they're still acting this way. It should be easier to walk away now than it was then.

Michele
And didn't Stevie say that she and Mick are best friends?Now THIS is a thread that should be started - "Stevie's most amusing contradictions".It would be one loooooonnnggg ass thread.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I used to say, "take that to work with you tomorrow," and I'd remember no problem. Now, I have to start leaving things RIGHT in front of my door if I want to remember to take it out with me.

But certainly I'm at a point where I'm going to take a lot less guff from anyone. I just don't care anymore and I can understand Stevie feeling that way too, but instead of playing games she should just walk away. As you get older, most people are LESS inclined to play games than they were 35 years ago, but Stevie seems more so. She's giving the same baiting interviews that she was giving in the eighties. And yes, Mick and Lindsey still talk to her in the media as well.

I'm not surprised that they're fed up with each other. I am surprised that they're still acting this way. It should be easier to walk away now than it was then.

Michele
Lord, the staircase closest to my front door, is my "next day spot". Third step! If it's lying there, it's my "must take" collection for the next day.

And David is right. I've lost both my parents, and it's just me now, and I've been through enough relationships....I'm more selfish now. Not with material things...but with ME. If I don't wanna do it, I'm NOT going to do it. A decent "acquaintance friend" invited me to her wedding, a few months ago. I did feel badly for not attending, but know what? I'd already been to two weddings in the previous months, and I just didn't want to go! The end. lol

Stevie will always play the game, and never walk away, because she's addicted to fame, more than any of them(Mick is #2). She really eats it up, and walking away would severely dry up the fame teat, regardless of how much bank she has.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
haha stevie doesnt even sign autographs for fans anymore except for special events. Ego maniac.
Really???I really didn't know that.I think the past 40 years have been just a bunch of BS in the 'caring,sweet Stevie' department.I mean,she has nothing to prove anymore,her career is going to wrap up soon,so she has nothing to lose.All of this is her real self unfortunately IMO.And all her talk about how her Mom(nothing against her Mom here) totally instilled independence in her,well,what a joke.She couldn't be more dependent if she tried.She depends on Karen (and everyone else) like lungs depend on oxygen.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This will be last studio record. Stevie has been the one band member to keep Fleetwood Mac relevant over the past how many years? She always comes back to the band. There is no way she won't be on the last record. No way. This is partly her legacy too. She has always been loyal to the band and I don't know why people would think this is any different.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered

I in she could be convinced she was going to make 5 million (her favorite figure) she'll make a record. It amazing how her carefully crafted "ethereal". " down to earth" persona is cracked and her selfish, self centered greedy bitch self is shining brightly
Old 02-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
This will be last studio record. Stevie has been the one band member to keep Fleetwood Mac relevant over the past how many years? She always comes back to the band. There is no way she won't be on the last record. No way. This is partly her legacy too. She has always been loyal to the band and I don't know why people would think this is any different.
Agreed. This would be an insult to the band and the fans if she decided to skip the FM studio album. I'm still hoping for a Fall 2015 release.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Agreed. This would be an insult to the band and the fans if she decided to skip the FM studio album. I'm still hoping for a Fall 2015 release.
Just make sure they hit the Grammy deadline, or Lindsey won't be too happy. lol
Old 02-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
It amazing how her carefully crafted "ethereal". " down to earth" persona is cracked and her selfish, self centered greedy bitch self is shining brightly
I couldn't agree more. What a diva she's become.

$%^& her, and the My Little Pony she rode in on!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

this is where we need that "Not gonna happen" gif from Nicole.

Waaayyyyyyy too late for a fall release from this band. They couldn't even finish recording by fall even if they started it today.