User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I should probably be speaking more generally. Maybe we're saying more or less the same thing, here. I certainly wasn't intending to come accross as hugely in favour of most new country music. Modern country, to me, does sound like 70s-era pop/rock, albeit with a bit more "twang" in the vocal and a bit more "I'm just like you guys" in the lyrical content. Its quality or lack thereof aside, in terms of "sound" it resembles mainstream music of that era, including Stevie's output from back then.
We'll just have to agree to disagree then, cause I don't hear anything remotely 70s about current country. It sounds much more like early 2000s pop/rock/AC stuff (with the added country ~flairs) to me.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
This is modern country:

Bwah!Hilarious!
And so true. Ugh.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Common sense tells me that. FM cannot tour without Stevie because she is part of the group. FM cannot tour without Lindsey and now Christine for the same reason. The same with a new album. It cannot be released unless all 3 vocalists have songs on them.
They don't have a recording contract any more, so there would be no stipulation in a non-existing contract that would require Stevie's presence. Stevie's presence might help them shop a new record, but if they know beforehand that she's not going to be a part of it or they know that's a possibility, they can easily contract around that.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
So Stevie recording right now still really doesn't make sense to me, unless she's planning on releasing it super soon and doing a small early summer tour. Otherwise whatever she's recording is either going to come out while she's doing FM stuff which again, is a bit weird, or it's gonna be shelved till the FM stuff is over... which is a long time for it to just sit there.
There really is just barely enough time for an album to come out before she goes into rehearsals for an FM tour. She sure doesn't have time to tour or really promote that album beforehand.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree then, cause I don't hear anything remotely 70s about current country. It sounds much more like early 2000s pop/rock/AC stuff (with the added country ~flairs) to me.
I mean, there are some artists whose music sounds more traditional, but most of them sound quite pop, as you say. That's why when people say they hate country music, I don't quite understand it. Look at that song Sheryl Crow did with Kid Rock. There was nothing country about it, yet it got country airplay.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 01:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Despite the finger crossing of some...

There is no way in hell FM would put out an album at this point without Stevie Nicks's involvement. Christine is back and they can sell it as a reunion album. That doesn't work without all five of them. She will be on the tour and she's recording an album of her own beforehand. So what? She's locked into (what will eventually become) a long ass tour. The FM album will come. It might even come before this new solo album. Even if Lindsey has a finished album with his and Christine's songs that is ready to be pressed he wouldn't be able to play the martyr if he doesn't wait for Stevie to throw in 3 or 4 songs. That's what he does...so I see him waiting as long as it takes. As it should be. FM, despite the alternate incarnations, is mainly about the 5 anymore so that's what we'll get...in the third quarter of 2015.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
There is no way in hell FM would put out an album at this point without Stevie Nicks's involvement. Christine is back and they can sell it as a reunion album. That doesn't work without all five of them. She will be on the tour and she's recording an album of her own beforehand. So what? She's locked into (what will eventually become) a long ass tour. The FM album will come. It might even come before this new solo album. Even if Lindsey has a finished album with his and Christine's songs that is ready to be pressed he wouldn't be able to play the martyr if he doesn't wait for Stevie to throw in 3 or 4 songs. That's what he does...so I see him waiting as long as it takes. As it should be. FM, despite the alternate incarnations, is mainly about the 5 anymore so that's what we'll get...in the third quarter of 2015.
i think everyone is leaving out of sight the fact that all the press for this band was always based on their internal conflict. so this could fit the bill, perfectly. this is not the band that has built their reputation on peaceful harmony between the band members. they don't even have to make up stuff - see here, and i'm sure everyone else and actual press will have much more bombastic titles and writeups:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...7&postcount=34
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
plus, just think of the press for this?! the articles are basically writing themselves!!

FM is a band that has been thriving on highlighting the conflict between various band members, whether made up or real. this should generate tons of press and speculations!!

lets see, i'm not good at this but how about:
  • lovefest on stage but fallout in the studio!
  • inside FM reunion: what is really going on?
  • Christine came back, but Stevie still just cannot stand to put up with LB in the studio (just watch that "you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" clip to see what we mean!), and had to sit the album out!
  • watch their dynamic on stage where we can see all 5 and compare that to what is coming out on the album!?!
  • will this band ever find some peace and common language?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow this is another twist thrown into the on going soap opera "As The Fleetwood Mac Turns".

If Stevie or even FM release a country album today as a new band. They will be a hit on the country charts.

As todays country music sound like lite rock or rock music.

They probably sound more traditional then the younger artists.

I'm rather prefer the classics then todays rock flavored country tunes.

Linda Ronstadt,Eagles,Exile,Elvis and the list goes on of rock bands convert to country had hits on the country charts over the past 50 plus years.

Now it looks that Stevie has alot of work on the table for her.

PS. What ever happen to the country FM rumours tribute album which rumours were going on back in 2010 or 2011.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-27-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Well... This will be interesting. This is transcribed by the way, I managed to record our conversation, so everything Mick says is real. I'm working on uploading my recording to Mediafire as soon as I figure out how.

Anyways. Here you go!

(Me) "So what's going on in Nashville?"

(Mick) "Uh she's making, uh Stevie's making an album... I think it's gonna be a first for her where she's doing that Nashville thing where they go in and all the musicians just play the songs and get it all done really quickly... were hoping."

(Me) "Well I heard that she's there with Dave and that Christine was there too. Are they doing something together?"

(Mick) "Dave's producing it, uh and she's using the wrecking crew down there, to my knowledge where they all just come in and jam out the songs in two weeks"

Sounds like a solo to me, ladies and gentlemen. Thoughts?
Thanks for passing this information on to us.

But at the end of your recording, is it me or does Mick say: @ 1:37

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08..._and_Noble.m4a

" If she doesn't, she's not going to finish her album " .

I don't like to speculate, but to me that could mean two things.

1- She only has 2 weeks worth of studio time with Dave and the musicians, based on their schedules.
2- Fleetwood Mac is allowing her an allotted amount of time, solo project finished or not it's time to go.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
Thanks for passing this information on to us.

But at the end of your recording, is it me or does Mick say: @ 1:37

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/3d08..._and_Noble.m4a

" If she doesn't, she's not going to finish her album " .

I don't like to speculate, but to me that could mean two things.

1- She only has 2 weeks worth of studio time with Dave and the musicians, based on their schedules.
2- Fleetwood Mac is allowing her an allotted amount of time, solo project finished or not it's time to go.
yeah, i saw that too, in this transcript here http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...t-go-solo.html .

my take would be that she has only certain time allotted to finish her solo album, and it may be a combination of things - time in the studio in Nashville and availability of musicians there seems to definitely be one of them. she may have other stuff on her plate we don't know about too, that is time sensitive. considering FM will not start rehearsing till mid-summer, i wouldn't think her time restraints are FM related, but who knows? Mick did say "we're hoping" (as in FM is hoping) she'll be done very quickly, so who knows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, i saw that too, in this transcript here http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...t-go-solo.html .

my take would be that she has only certain time allotted to finish her solo album, and it may be a combination of things - time in the studio in Nashville and availability of musicians there seems to definitely be one of them. she may have other stuff on her plate we don't know about too, that is time sensitive. considering FM will not start rehearsing till mid-summer, i wouldn't think her time restraints are FM related, but who knows? Mick did say "we're hoping" (as in FM is hoping) she'll be done very quickly, so who knows.
She's gotta be back in LA for May 13th's BMI Icon Award she's receiving at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel
Old 04-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
She's gotta be back in LA for May 13th's BMI Icon Award she's receiving at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel
ah, thanks!

Old 04-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This should be one of their next song titles.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd bet money Stevie releases a single to country radio. Sheryl Crow's latest video was in heavy rotation on CMT. I could see a video from Stevie doing the same. Her performance video with Lady A of "Rhiannon" aired some.

Yes, much of modern country music is garbage...but there are some good artists out there if you look.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if it's relevant, as we know they have been at the Village, but Mick said they are recording in regards to Christine yesterday. I have it on video. The video itself is crappy though, as I was focusing on capturing the audio mainly, so the picture is of people's heads . I can post it if people are interested. It didn't seem like important/ new news to me.
Just a dream, just a dream.