User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
At least everyone's reacting calmly to the news... Really though, if we've learned anything over the last couple of years it is that they are almost incapable of releasing new music in a timely manner or properly promoting it. EP is still not a physical release and they couldn't get 4 songs out to the public before touring started despite them being recorded and ready to go. Did anyone think the album would actually come out this year...?
but we are also learning, with all the internet / info availability, bits of what is actually happening behind the scenes.

so, with EP, Lindsey told fans he was ready to release it in November and he was hoping it will be out in Jan/Feb, but "band politics" (or some such term) is getting in the way.

now with the FM album, Mick, Christine and Lindsey were pretty clear in the interviews they are all on board, there were pretty legitimate stories, instagram photos and reports they've been working on the album this spring with plans to get it out at the start of the tour. then it all stalled and SN was doing bunch of other stuff. why was she not recording with them before this solo stint? seems that "band politics" is again stepping in.

FM should just release what they have and not wait for band politics to be resolved. guys have been waiting since the end of 2009, and now they have Chris on board. they have an album, why wait?

if Stevie wants to record with them later, it seems - with their prolific phase - that Christine and Lindsey can each easily produce 4 for songs for that album with all 5 FM members. if SN wants to. but to wait for her now, when they are almost done and have been already waiting for her since 2009? why? (did the same thing happen after the Dance with TISL and SYW?? why did it take so long for FM to release SYW when they had most of Lindsey's songs in the can since like mid-90s, before the dance??)

you have an album, release it! SN can release her solo album at the same time, and everybody's happy!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but we are also learning, with all the internet / info availability, bits of what is actually happening behind the scenes.

so, with EP, Lindsey told fans he was ready to release it in November and he was hoping it will be out in Jan/Feb, but "band politics" (or some such term) is getting in the way.

now with the FM album, Mick, Christine and Lindsey were pretty clear in the interviews they are all on board, there were pretty legitimate stories, instagram photos and reports they've been working on the album this spring with plans to get it out at the start of the tour. then it all stalled and SN was doing bunch of other stuff. why was she not recording with them before this solo stint? seems that "band politics" is again stepping in.

FM should just release what they have and not wait for band politics to be resolved. guys have been waiting since the end of 2009, and now they have Chris on board. they have an album, why wait?

if Stevie wants to record with them later, it seems - with their prolific phase - that Christine and Lindsey can each easily produce 4 for songs for that album with all 5 FM members. if SN wants to. but to wait for her now, when they are almost done and have been already waiting for her since 2009? why? (did the same thing happen after the Dance with TISL and SYW?? why did it take so long for FM to release SYW when they had most of Lindsey's songs in the can since like mid-90s, before the dance??)

you have an album, release it! SN can release her solo album at the same time, and everybody's happy!
Excuse me while I sound like a teenager, but LOL. I really didn't think this situation could have gotten any more confusing, but they have done it again! Like, WHAT! The more I think about the whole conversation with Mick, it makes me laugh. What in the world is going on with Stevie? The woman needs to speak!
Old 04-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Also, somewhat shocked Stevie has enough new material for a whole album. Wonder if she has been writing with Dave.
Dave said he went to Nashville without any new material for his albums (i think it was the last 2 he did this way?), and jammed it out with the musicians there, came up with all songs together and recorded it in a week. SN has poems so they are already further along that DS normally is. they just need to come up with music and record it. sounds like that's the plan, from what Mick said.

i agree that recording in "Music City USA" doesn't immediately imply country album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dave said he went to Nashville without any new material for his albums (i think it was the last 2 he did this way?), and jammed it out with the musicians there, came up with all songs together and recorded it in a week. SN has poems so they are already further along that DS normally is. they just need to come up with music and record it. sounds like that's the plan, from what Mick said.

i agree that recording in "Music City USA" doesn't immediately imply country album.
Neil Young does the same thing...He will go into the studio with virtually no material writing 1 or 2 new songs a day and has an interesting approach when it come to recording...Neil only likes to play the song a few times just so he knows the parts are right before it's recorded...He does this because he feels that if you work on a song too much it becomes dull and lifeless...
Yes Dave has recorded his last few albums from scratch in a week or two in Nashville...
Have we forgotten "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 days ???
Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Maybe this will be Stevie's country CD that I've always wanted her to make (finger crossed )

Kevin
Oh My God .A dream come true.I waited 30 years for a country album from her.

I guess no word on an FM record from Mick.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You might be happy but you can't speak for every one. I'm not interested in a FM album that doesn't have any Stevie songs on it. FM contractually cannot release an album without Stevie having a song on there.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You might be happy but you can't speak for every one. I'm not interested in a FM album that doesn't have any Stevie songs on it. FM contractually cannot release an album without Stevie having a song on there.
really?? how do you know that?

Old 04-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Have we forgotten "The Wild Heart" was recorded in 12 days ???
I have never read or heard Stevie say this.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You might be happy but you can't speak for every one. I'm not interested in a FM album that doesn't have any Stevie songs on it.
and that's completely fine. but you'll get SN solo album. how greedy can you be??

if i can get LB solo album plus FM album without him at the same time, i would take it, and be extremely happy about it! (and yeah i wouldn't care about that FM album without him, the same as you wouldn't care about FM without SN.)

Old 04-27-2014, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread depresses me horribly. I want an album (or, ok, an EP) featuring all five of them.

Sigh.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm totally stoked by this news! The idea of having a new Stevie solo album and a new Mac album within a year of each other, is exciting.

Like I said on the Stevie Forum, this could be a contractual obligation and/or the previously proposed album of songs dedicated to her mother. Knowing that the Fleetwood Mac machine is going to be going for the next two years (per Mick's previous statements), this is probably Stevie's only window of time to get this music completed.

Quote:
now with the FM album, Mick, Christine and Lindsey were pretty clear in the interviews they are all on board, there were pretty legitimate stories, instagram photos and reports they've been working on the album this spring with plans to get it out at the start of the tour.
Elle, you've mentioned this before -- can you please direct me to an article where someone in the band mentioned "before the tour?" I'm not taking you to task or anything, but in that very first week of press announcing Christine's return, Chris was mentioning they had their sights on releasing an album next year/after the tour. I don't once recall reading or hearing anything from Mick, Lindsey or Chris, about releasing an album before they hit the road.

Quote:
they have an album, why wait?
Quote:
you have an album, release it!
Do we know for a fact that they have an album ready for release? Nothing they've said has made it sound that way.

I forgot to answer your question....

Quote:
(did the same thing happen after the Dance with TISL and SYW?? why did it take so long for FM to release SYW when they had most of Lindsey's songs in the can since like mid-90s, before the dance??)
Up until around late 2000, Lindsey's tracks were still intended for his solo album. He hadn't yet committed to giving them over to Fleetwood Mac. Around that time, the then-new regime at Warner Bros seemed less than enthused about Lindsey releasing a solo album -- so out of his desire to get the music heard, Lindsey opted to fold that material into a new Fleetwood Mac album. By that point, Stevie's album ('Trouble In Shangri-La') was near completion, so she had to finish her commitments before re-joining the Mac.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 04-27-2014 at 11:22 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
really?? how do you know that?
Common sense tells me that. FM cannot tour without Stevie because she is part of the group. FM cannot tour without Lindsey and now Christine for the same reason. The same with a new album. It cannot be released unless all 3 vocalists have songs on them.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Common sense tells me that. FM cannot tour without Stevie because she is part of the group. FM cannot tour without Lindsey and now Christine for the same reason. The same with a new album. It cannot be released unless all 3 vocalists have songs on them.
ok. so you don't know it. not sure why you think contracts have anything to do with common sense.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The fan is me, and the entirety is posted in the "Mick at Barnes & Noble" thread
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
The fan is me, and the entirety is posted in the "Mick at Barnes & Noble" thread
it was funny waking up this morning to 2 more threads started quoting your original thread.

maybe mods can edit the name of your thread to something like "Mick at B&N: SN making solo album in Nashville" to make it absolutely clear?