Gypsy
Second Hand News
You Make Loving Fun
I Don't Want To Know
Tusk
new Stevie song
Go Your Own Way
Songbird

would love No Questions Asked, Not Make Believe, and Paper Doll but I'm trying to be realistic and yet hopeful
Pretty good set list however I doubt they will skip out on 'Don't Stop". Love Miranda. Change out Everywhere and put in Little Lies. Oh, just noticed no GDW...hmm too many songs I guess.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
While I may agree with your sentiment, Stevie has toured once since 1981 (the Mirage Tour in 1982) without her "girls"...no way is that going to stop now with Christine back in the fold.

I think all three of the lead singers rely on the background singers these days.
Plus I think the back-up singers make a nice enhancement to the stage set. They always sound great, look nice, and dance/sway along in a professional manner. I like them.

I used to enjoy having an extra percussionist on stage as well. Not including the guy or guys hidden behind the curtain.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I can't believe you don't like "only over you", it's one of my favorites from mirage, it's one of those songs you can just close your eyes and let the music take you.

I just really don't want the band to dedicate too much time playing new songs on the tour. I am much more concerned with seeing all the classics. I'm in my 20s so I have never seen Fleetwood Mac, the classic lineup, I saw the foursome back in 2009 and again last year. It would be a huge check on my bucket list to see the five of them live, in person not just on YouTube.

First and most importantly I hope you're able to see the 5.
And it's always cool to know that people under the age of
40 (or so), like Fleetwood Mac.

I don't think you should worry about them playing new songs
on the tour. They are after all Fleetwood Mac. I do hope they
prove me wrong. Two new songs from each of the three writers
would be fine with me. And if so, they'd better put out a Blu ray
of this tour.

Only Over You is hard to listen to when she sings the
part I'm out of my mind. I wish I could write it out like
she sings it. Egad it's horrible. Cringeworthy for sure.

It's not that I don't like Christine, I really do. And it's not
like I feel that way about many of her songs. Even though
I didn't like one song from In The Meantime, none of
them make me feel the way Only Over You and Ricky
does.

Christine isn't alone in this. Stevie has the Street Angel
album and Lindsey has the It Was I video. There are
more, but I'll be nice and stop here.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
First and most importantly I hope you're able to see the 5.
And it's always cool to know that people under the age of
40 (or so), like Fleetwood Mac.

I don't think you should worry about them playing new songs
on the tour. They are after all Fleetwood Mac. I do hope they
prove me wrong. Two new songs from each of the three writers
would be fine with me. And if so, they'd better put out a Blu ray
of this tour.

Only Over You is hard to listen to when she sings the
part I'm out of my mind. I wish I could write it out like
she sings it. Egad it's horrible. Cringeworthy for sure.

It's not that I don't like Christine, I really do. And it's not
like I feel that way about many of her songs. Even though
I didn't like one song from In The Meantime, none of
them make me feel the way Only Over You and Ricky
does.

Christine isn't alone in this. Stevie has the Street Angel
album and Lindsey has the It Was I video. There are
more, but I'll be nice and stop here.
My parents like Fleetwood Mac, I can remember being on some road trip as a kid and The Dance had just came out, we listened to that cd the entire car trip. I think that's where it started. My dad was a hippie in the late 60s-early 70s and saw Fleetwood Mac live a couple times both with different personnel, once before Christine joined and once when Christine was in the band, but before Stevie and Lindsey joined.

I think six new songs out of a 20-22 song set list is too many, maybe one new song from each writer if they have to play new songs. I don't doubt that they will be good and I do believe that some artists are timeless, but I just have never been interested in classic artists' new material, post heyday material. If I'm going to pay $200+ for great tickets to see these great timelessly classic artists, I want to see them performing their timelessly classic songs. And for Fleetwood Mac that time period was 1975-1987. I paid $400 for my Fleetwood Mac ticket last summer, I could have gotten a better price but I didn't get my tickets until a month before the show and I had to get good seats, what if it was their last tour or something? Anyway, I paid $400 and when they played their two or three new songs is when I went to the bathroom and to get more beer.

To each his own I guess, I think only over you is a great song, and in a great album, I can listen to mirage all the way through and not want to skip any songs.

I don't listen to any of the stuff they put out after Tango, except for The Dance, but that's just live greatest hits. And "as long as you follow" I love that song. And I really hate that Lindsey didn't do the Tango tour back in 87, those tour videos would be so much better with Lindsey instead of those other two guys. Damnit Lindsey why didn't you wait until after the tour to quit. Lol

Last edited by Wdm6789; 03-23-2014 at 05:13 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me a MAC concert goer since the Rumours tour, I would like to hear the following in addition to at least 4 new songs and the " must dos"

I Don't Want To Know
Big Love ( band version)
The Ledge
Tango In The Night
Seven Wonders
Never Forget
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
For me a MAC concert goer since the Rumours tour, I would like to hear the following in addition to at least 4 new songs and the " must dos"

I Don't Want To Know
Big Love ( band version)
The Ledge
Tango In The Night
Seven Wonders
Never Forget

You saw the Rumours tour, Tusk tour and Mirage tour? I am beyond jealous.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I'm going to pay $200+ for great tickets to see these great timelessly classic artists, I want to see them performing their timelessly classic songs.
yeah but do you want their "timeless classic hits" or you want Only Over You?

i have seen just one tour (2013) but i feel like as far as the content goes, i basically saw every tour since Rumours since the content is almost exactly the same (other than no CM songs on the last tour). so i don't really want to see that yet again. if the album is done before the tour they should each do 2 new songs. but they won't, probably, so you'll get what you want.

Sad Angel was one of the highlights of the last year's tour for me, you missed out by going to buy beer. they played only 2 new songs, btw.

i understand what you are saying about legendary bands needing to do hits and that's what i want to hear too when i go to see a legendary band for which i am only a casual fan. and i understand that's what FM needs to play too, but they just stick to that hits-script much much more than any other legendary band i've seen. hits means maybe not the whole new album but just 6 songs, it doesn't mean doing every.single.half-hit. they ever had.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I missed the Tusk tour(totally sucked) it was during t-day vacation and I had no wheels during my freshman year in college. This was the only MAC tour I missed and it still makes me mad. I loved this album when it came out.......and of course I still do.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
My dad was a hippie in the late 60s-early 70s and saw Fleetwood Mac live a couple times both with different personnel, once before Christine joined and once when Christine was in the band, but before Stevie and Lindsey joined.
That's cool, the Future Games/Bare Trees lineup is one of my favorites. I wish there was more live material available from that era. I first became a FM fan around 1999 when I saw Stevie on TV performing a piano version of "Rhiannon" (I think it was in connection with the Enchanted box set release). She was actually playing the piano, like on the demo. Just based on that one performance, I bought a tape of The Dance and realized I liked all of the members' songs. Soon I was trading tapes through the mail for older FM concerts and demos (Hard to believe it was still the era of tape trading because it doesn't seem like that long ago). I finally went to my first Mac concert last year. At the time, I'd given up any hope of seeing Christine with the band. Now, it looks like I will get my chance after all!

Quote:
I think six new songs out of a 20-22 song set list is too many, maybe one new song from each writer if they have to play new songs.
I will be surprised if they play more than four new songs on the upcoming tour. Most of their tours beginning with Mirage have had no more than four new songs from the current album at the time. The only exception (I think) was SYW and that was because they did not have to make room for Christine's songs.

I think that the 2014 set list will be very similar to The Dance tour, with four new songs replacing Bleed To Love Her, My Little Demon, Temporary One, and Sweet Girl. Aside from the new songs, maybe 3 or 4 of the old/classic songs played during the Dance tour will be replaced with different old songs.

Songs most likely to be replaced: Go Insane acoustic (will probably be replaced by Never Going Back Again), Farmer's Daughter, Not That Funny

Songs that are less likely to replaced: Everywhere, Gypsy, Stand Back, Second Hand News, Oh Daddy, Silver Springs (Knowing the predictability of Mac set lists, they might not replace any songs from this category. If they replaced 1 or 2 of these, plus the 3 listed above, that leaves room for 4 to 5 different old songs, plus the 4 new songs. Other than that, I don't think they will make any further changes to the set).

Songs that will probably never be replaced: The Chain, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, I'm So Afraid, Big Love acoustic, Landslide, Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Rhiannon, Tusk, Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop, Songbird

Quote:
I don't listen to any of the stuff they put out after Tango, except for The Dance, but that's just live greatest hits.
I got bored with The Dance pretty quickly, when I realized that they had done more exciting performances of most of the same songs on previous tours. The Dance was their most bland set list IMO (no Stevie Tusk songs, no Christine Mirage or Tusk songs, all albums other than Rumours and White were under-represented)-- though I understand why they were going for the "obvious classics" at the time. At least the more recent tours have included a couple unexpected Tusk songs and Eyes of the World.

I'm not as interested in Fleetwood Mac's studio material after Tango, but I thought Sad Angel and Without You really added something special to the 2013 show, even though I haven't listened to Extended Play more than a few times since it was released. Based on their set lists since '82, I still don't expect them to play many songs from a new album, even if it turns out to be a great album.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The two songs I am most excited about are Sara and Not That Funny with Christine back on the piano, should be amazing. I hope that not that funny this time around is more like the 1979-1980 not that funny, on the mirage tour Lindsey's guitar kinda drowned out the piano, but in the tusk tour one Christine's piano is much more prominent.

@elle I stated that only over you would be like a fantasy set list, it's not a song that I'm dying to see them play live, like I am Hold Me and Christine's other songs from Fleetwood Mac and Rumours and Tango.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 03-23-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The two songs I am most excited about are Sara and Not That Funny with Christine back on the piano, should be amazing. I hope that not that funny this time around is more like the 1979-1980 not that funny, on the mirage tour Lindsey's guitar kinda drowned out the piano, but in the tusk tour one Christine's piano is much more prominent.

@elle I stated that only over you would be like a fantasy set list, it's not a song that I'm dying to see them play live, like I am Hold Me and Christine's other songs from Fleetwood Mac and Rumours and Tango.
i do agree with you on wanting to hear Hold Me. i'd love it if they'd do it, but if history can teach us anything, they probably won't.

i would be shocked if NTF is again on the setlist. it's a non-hit they performed on this tour, and with Christine back and some new songs to add macsters will judge there's no space for non-hits like that one.

did you like punky version of NTF on 2013 tour?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i do agree with you on wanting to hear Hold Me. i'd love it if they'd do it, but if history can teach us anything, they probably won't.

i would be shocked if NTF is again on the setlist. it's a non-hit they performed on this tour, and with Christine back and some new songs to add macsters will judge there's no space for non-hits like that one.

did you like punky version of NTF on 2013 tour?

I did enjoy the 2013 one, but the best Not That Funny is the Tusk tour one. It's way better than the album version even.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I missed the Tusk tour(totally sucked) it was during t-day vacation and I had no wheels during my freshman year in college. This was the only MAC tour I missed and it still makes me mad. I loved this album when it came out.......and of course I still do.
on the positive side, i don't mind coming to FM fandom so late, because with internet it was so easy to amass tons of info and hear tons of versions so fast. last year's tour i think was pretty great, and i will get to see all 5 this year. but yeah, there are several tours that i wish i was there for in person - for FM or their members those would be Tusk, Lindsey's OOTC, and SYW tours.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

To each his own I guess, I think only over you is a great song...

I really hate that Lindsey didn't do the Tango tour back in 87...
Yes to each his own. Except...

Speaking of Tango. Since we were cheated out of a real
Tango Tour. It's time they made up for it. It would be great
for us and possibly cathartic for them.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Yes to each his own. Except...

Speaking of Tango. Since we were cheated out of a real
Tango Tour. It's time they made up for it. It would be great
for us and possibly cathartic for them.

They already do Big Love. Seven wonders and Little lies would make nice additions to the set list.