Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Junior Ledgie

Red face

Happy New Year 2003 !!! best wishes for you and your family...

regarding the upcoming anniversary edition, I'm still looking for some snippets/excerpts via itunes or amazon.com; nothing so far... (there's 2 live tracks on rolling stones web site on the other hand)

but the following track-listing on hmv is interesting, because there is more details about what will be the new unreleased material (if we can trust the info provided by hmv)...

Dreams-take 2 is something that has never circulated so far ???
I can't wait to hear this early take.
another interesting thing and finally a good surprise : The Chain is sung by Stevie... sounds and looks like an acoustic studio demo; whereas I was expecting (and hoping) an alternate take with a killer guitar solo....

Too bad that the piano demo haunting and lovely of Silver Springs isn't planned on this re-re-re-issue.
The one which circulating has a lot of pops/cracks and sounds distant...
I would have hoped a crystal clear upgrade...

Disc Three
Unreleased Recording Sessions
1. Second Hand News [Acoustic, Lindsey Vocal]
2. Dreams [Take 2 - Vocal & Keyboard]
3. Never Going Back [Acoustic, Lindsey Buckingham / Stevie Nicks Duet]
4. Go Your Own Way [Early Version, Lindsey Buckingham]
5. Songbird [1st Recording]
6. Songbird [Piano Only, No Vocal]
7. I Don't Want To Know [Vocal, Drums, Bass]
8. Keep Me There [No Vocal, Instrumental]
9. The Chain [Stevie Demo, Acoustic]
10. Keep Me There [Christine Vocal]
11. Gold Dust Woman [Early Version]
12. Oh Daddy [Christine Vocal]
13. Silver Springs [Alt.]
14. Planets Of The Universe [Acoustic, With Piano]
15. Doesn't Anything Last [Acoustic, Lindsey Buckingham / Stevie Nicks Duet]
16. Never Going Back [No Vocal, Instrumental With Drums]

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 01-01-2013 at 04:56 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

This release is totally unecessary! Rumours was expanded & remastered in 2004, along with Fleetwood Mac and Tusk. This is just Warner/Rhino milking the "Rumours" name. I find it hard to believe that the extra material on this new edition of Rumours is any better than what has already been released. What about all the other Fleetwood Mac albums that have seen no remastered or expanded treatment? It's about time they did something with Live, Mirage, Tango In The Night and Behind The Mask, aswell as all the albums from 1969's Then Play On to 1974's Heroes Are Hard To Find. All these albums have been severly neglected. The record company should be putting their efforts into those albums instead of milking the "Rumours" name just to cash in! They're just scraping the barrel now! They should be ashamed of themselves by the way they are poorly handling the Fleetwood Mac back-catalogue. The catalogue deserves more than this!

Last edited by Andrew Smith; 01-03-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^ I feel the same way about getting a remastered Mirage and Tango in the Night. I'd also like a remastering of The Dance footage and to see it released in another format. Hell, I'd be interested to see all the other takes they did for The Dance that didn't make it onto the DVD/CD.

Anyway, at least this new Rumours set has a lot of previously unreleased goodies. I think it's a bit overpriced, and I wish they would have included a copy of the DVD-A... but you can't always get what you want.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

It's just a cash-in job. It seems Lindsey himself has said he's not too keen on this latest re-hash of Rumours either. Read the section of this interview about the new "Deluxe" Edition of Rumours. I can't believe he virtually says the same as what I've said! I hadn't seen this before...

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...e-97e3d1cb867d
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I can understand the reluctance to put out the non-remastered albums individually but can't understand why they can't make a career retrospective work financially. I bought the Pink Floyd Discovery boxset which was a beautiful thing in its own right never mind the quality of the remastered albums. This is probably the only way to make the entire back catalogue work.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
This release is totally unecessary! Rumours was expanded & remastered in 2004, along with Fleetwood Mac and Tusk. This is just Warner/Rhino milking the "Rumours" name. I find it hard to believe that the extra material on this new edition of Rumours is any better than what has already been released.
Though I too still waiting and wishing a Tango and Mirage expanded releases & bonus tracks, I do find interesting these Rumours tracks, whenever are not the same of the previous expanded version.

Hard to say if the extra material will be any better than the previous ones, and in my case that's not the point. I always love to listen differente versions of a song, want to know all the rehearsals and alternatives they were evaluating (like the different versions of Gold Dust Woman included in 2004). Better or not, they are interesting.

But I do believe the other albums are unfairly forgotten, too.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Ledgie

Default New Rumors Box set

Just FYI, my super deluxe Rumors set is ALREADY in my Amazon cloud and available for download! Im downloading the whole thing now to my ipad and ipods. Amazon's new free audio rips for cds you buy is really quite helpful (especially since the thing doesnt come out till Tuesday). Im listening to the complete Chain demo as I type. Enjoy!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSpacey View Post
Just FYI, my super deluxe Rumors set is ALREADY in my Amazon cloud and available for download! Im downloading the whole thing now to my ipad and ipods. Amazon's new free audio rips for cds you buy is really quite helpful (especially since the thing doesnt come out till Tuesday). Im listening to the complete Chain demo as I type. Enjoy!
ha - thanks for the heads up!

(this thread should be moved to Rumours forum though)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 01-27-2013 at 01:45 AM..
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Ledgie

oops, sorry. I tend to visit the Stevie threads only!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the heads-up, LittleSpacey. Glad you're already getting to hear the tracks!

I just checked my cloud -- it's only showing the 'Rumours' album proper, and none of the music from the additional CDs as of yet. Glancing at my orders, the set hasn't shipped yet. So perhaps that's why.

(By the way, I am loving Amazon's new "autorip" feature. Even albums I bought ten years ago -- like 'Say You Will' and Madonna's 'American Life' -- are in my cloud.)
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Ledgie

I bet it's because i just bought some mp3 music and it took quite a few minutes to update my cloud. This was my first autorip purchase. 56 "new" Rumours tracks. nice.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I get a little upset with the Cloud Player though because sometimes it won't transfer a whole album. It will tell me that certain cuts couldn't be matched, so they can't be downloaded onto my device. So, like with Amy Winehouse's Frank, only about 6 cuts ended up in Cloud Player. If I bought it from Amazon and it's in my cloud, how can it not be matched?

Michele
Old 01-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, LittleSpacey. Glad you're already getting to hear the tracks!

I just checked my cloud -- it's only showing the 'Rumours' album proper, and none of the music from the additional CDs as of yet. Glancing at my orders, the set hasn't shipped yet. So perhaps that's why.

(By the way, I am loving Amazon's new "autorip" feature. Even albums I bought ten years ago -- like 'Say You Will' and Madonna's 'American Life' -- are in my cloud.)
yeah same here.

ditto re autorip!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can get the extras. They show up on my kindle as just a gray box with little rectangles. Then, when I click it, it gives me the option to download all.

Michele
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The only "extras" are demos of songs I already know, live music that's not as good as what I already have, and a DVD of something I've already seen. I don't need/want another vinyl, another copy of the last reissue, or anything that won't give me a new perspective on the band. AND, I ESPECIALLY don't want a cheesy t-shirt I'll never wear or a poster that totally sucks.

I'd MUCH rather have a "Tusk" or, even better, "Mystery To Me" box (with a live set set featuring Dave Walker).

This screams of "Didja?"

THE Stephen Hopkins