Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This names 6 of the Rosebud performances]

http://www.antimusic.com/news/12/Dec..._Details.shtml

Anti Music, December 13, 2012

Fleetwood Mac have revealed the details for their deluxe reissue plans for their 40 million selling album, Rumours.
35th anniversary reissue of Rumours will be released January 28/29 by Rhino as an expanded edition and the deluxe edition.

The expanded edition's three CDs includes the original album and the b-side "Silver Springs," a dozen unreleased live recordings from the group's '77 world tour, and an entire disc filled with unreleased takes from the album's recording sessions.

The deluxe edition includes all of the music from expanded version, plus an additional disc of outtakes a DVD that features "The Rosebud Film," a 1977 documentary about the album, and the album on vinyl.

The disc of 12 unreleased live recordings from the band's 1977 Rumours tour features performances from concerts in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Nashville and Columbia, S.C. The songs include album tracks like "The Chain," "Oh Daddy" and "Songbird" as well as "World Turning" and "Rhiannon," two tracks from the group's 1975 eponymous release.

Producers also have compiled a selection of 16 unreleased recordings from the album's sessions including early takes of "Go Your Own Way," "I Don't Want To Know" and the popular b-side "Silver Springs." There are also several demo recordings, including one for the outtake "Planets of the Universe," plus an instrumental version of "Never Going Back Again."

The deluxe edition of Rumours features three additional pieces. First is an 18-track compilation of session outtakes originally released in the 2004 reissue of the album. Next is the original album on 140-gram vinyl. Finally, there is a DVD with "The Rosebud Film." This 1977 documentary by Michael Collins includes interviews, rehearsal footage and live performances of: "World Turning," "Rhiannon," "Say You Love Me," "Go Your Own Way," "You Make Loving Fun" and "I'm So Afraid."

As previously reported, the current lineup of the band, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks will kick off a 34-date North American tour in April.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
But doesn't that defy basic economics? The higher the demand = the higher the price.
I wouldn't know. I studied English literature lol But, I just assume the cost of production would make the prices higher if they couldn't sell as many as say a CD, or a digital copy. Having to make the production worth while? In that case wouldn't the iTunes version be the most in demand? Yet, that's typically the cheapest version you can purchase - I always assumed because it isn't a physical item. (Haven't taken any form of economics since high school, sorry.)

But that's beside the point. If you bought each item separately, it would potentially cost more than $83.

Last edited by KindOfWoman90; 12-13-2012 at 08:11 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We don't know that. Stop trying to get specific information. It's a secret. Just pay the $85 and don't ask questions. As MST3K used to say, "the plot of this movie is none of our business."

Michele
*sigh* only 6 tracks on the DVD? Well... disc 2 sounds interesting...
Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
*sigh* only 6 tracks on the DVD? Well... disc 2 sounds interesting...
Only World Turning and I'm So Afraid are in front of a live audience. The rest were filmed on a soundstage. I've owned this for 100 years,just not in pristine form.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
US Rumours Deluxe Edition now on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Rumours-Deluxe...ood+mac+deluxe
Woot! What a shame it's not out in time for Christmas. I'd buy one for myself to put under the tree.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone preview of "Monday Morning"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...miere-20121214

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitn...etwoodmac.html

Last edited by CADreaming; 12-14-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^ Sounds pretty good to me
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's vocal there is absolutely superb.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Lindsey's vocal there is absolutely superb.
Agreed! So crisp too!
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Agreed! So crisp too!
Agreed

Anyone know what particular show the live tracks are from? Apologies if it is in the Amazon description..Rosebud or different?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Are these people so absolutely afraid to put one entire rumours show out. I mean really, why different tracks from different concerts? I hate that.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know what edition of Rumours on vinyl is included in this pack, is it the Steve Hoffman pressed at PALLAS remaster that was released in 2011 or the other EU (non-pallas) edition that was released in 2009. Both editions could be purchased as single disc 33rpm or double disk 45rpm.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 12-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline View Post
Are these people so absolutely afraid to put one entire rumours show out. I mean really, why different tracks from different concerts? I hate that.
Is there actually an entire show that was filmed in decent qualityAs huge as Fleetwood Mac were at that time there should have been but having been a fan since then I have not heard that there is.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Is there actually an entire show that was filmed in decent qualityAs huge as Fleetwood Mac were at that time there should have been but having been a fan since then I have not heard that there is.
before ""branding " Bands had a looser set and often changed nightly , so the all the songs from Rumors were played at some point along with unreleased stuff during the tour instead of now where the same set list can last years with little or no change , " to preserve the brand" and not upset the casual fan who feels slighted by not hearing a hit from 30 years ago, so going to multiple shows were great because the set was different even if it was just the order they played them

Last edited by olive; 12-16-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I wish the 5.1 Audio would have been included.

I am so excited about the deluxe set, I just wish the 5.1 Audio DVD would have also been included.

I have a copy that I purchased when it first came out, but it seems to be out of print and going for almost $200 on Ebay.

If any of you fans have not heard it, it is amazing. The sound is amazing and crystal clear. You can hear things on it that you cannot on standard stereo sound. I just wish the record companies would have continue making them. Although, the "Say You Will" DVD audio....doesn't sound like it was mixed right and doesn't sound great. But Rumours.....the DVD still gives me chills when I hear Silver Springs....