User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Isn't it about the affair between Bill and Monica Lewinsky? or was that just speculation at one point. And isn't this the track that everyone thought might have been the one initially licensed or registered with a title of "Monica"? and that's what Stevie is referring to in the DR doc about missing the day to mix "Monica"? I don't know... I hope it wasn't written about them cause I'd rather think it was written about something or someone in Stevie's life and not Monica Lewinsky!

But it's a great frenetic song!
You know there's a big expert on this issue around here, I'm sure he will appear sooner or later...

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Isn't it about the affair between Bill and Monica Lewinsky? or was that just speculation at one point. And isn't this the track that everyone thought might have been the one initially licensed or registered with a title of "Monica"? and that's what Stevie is referring to in the DR doc about missing the day to mix "Monica"? I don't know... I hope it wasn't written about them cause I'd rather think it was written about something or someone in Stevie's life and not Monica Lewinsky!
Well, that's the nice thing about a song, or any form of fictional art/literature. It doesn't necessarily matter who the author may have had in mind when s/he wrote it. It can be about whomever you want.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ive heard about the monica thing before, ive also heard a wierd speculation on some fleetwood mac lyric website that its something to do with something with lindsey and chris, but i dont know, i think that was just some fans opinion, either way great song!! one of my favourites on the album!!!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

EFO gets the love from me. Great, great song. Cool intro, great vocals from Stevie and Lindsey.

I don't know specifically who she wrote it about, but it doesn't matter. The theme is clear cut as to what it's all about. Apply it however you will.

Shoulda, coulda been a big single for them. But boo-hoo, Reprise played it safe.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6
Well, what I wondered when I was watching the DR doc, was how they were going to handle the part where Stevie has to go from "She's done it a thousand times" to "When love starts out in the darkness" live. It didn't really sound right when she did it in rehearsals.
I think that she could have alternated lines with Sharon. Stevie singing the 1st & 3rd with Sharon doing the 2nd & 4th. Then she could have come in naturally with the "darkness" line.

Also, Lindsey could have done the lines as well just like he did the "Some call her" line in SOTM during the Mirage video.

I would have loved to see this live. I think that Stevie needed something new and exciting to sing. Although, she had RTTG and they dropped that.

Sean
Old 02-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great song! But what I like the most is the BASS! So good man!!! *salivates* and LB's backing vocals are
Old 02-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
I love the idea of those being violins though, still.
me too - that's one of my favorite things about the song is that little break near the end. this song, as many have said, should have been a single with a kick-ass video. just as TISL was jacked up with the releases/videos, so was SYW.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm...I have always skipped this song. To be honest, I don't even think I have heard it all the way through. Perhaps I should go back and give it another chance...it was just always my least fav. Stevie song on SYW. My fav. being "Smile At You"...so needless to say my tastes are a tad different.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Hmmmm...I have always skipped this song. To be honest, I don't even think I have heard it all the way through. Perhaps I should go back and give it another chance...it was just always my least fav. Stevie song on SYW. My fav. being "Smile At You"...so needless to say my tastes are a tad different.
That they are sir. But I like SMile At You too, so maybe we're both nuts?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Two of my friends who own SYW say it is the worst song on there. I kinda like it, but is it just me or on Everybody Finds Out is she more nasaly than usual I Prefer RTTG
Old 02-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this song. It's perhaps the closest thing to a Stevie solo tune on a Mac record but it works amazingly well. Her voice is strong, the backing track cooks with fire, and the lyrics are--surprise!--accessable and coherent. I can't imagine Say You Will without this great song. I'm surprised they didn't use it live. The Destiny Rules doc rehearsal shows the band is very comfortable doing it in a live situation.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey and Chris, eh? Well ... that would have been interesting.

I'm sure there would have been ways around the problems to do it live. I think it would have been great, RRTG too.

A video would have been awesome. I think I've scripted about three of them in my head already, in fact....
That said, the Peacekeeper video was terribly stale, I thought. For the song, they could have pushed the boat out a bit instead of just one where they stood and performed the song. It could have been interesting.

Guess we'll never know?
Old 02-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
That said, the Peacekeeper video was terribly stale, I thought. For the song, they could have pushed the boat out a bit instead of just one where they stood and performed the song. It could have been interesting.

Guess we'll never know?
I think that is the problem with the newer Mac Videos. Every since the dance, they did performance videos for their first studio album in god knows how many years. It's right out stupid, if you flip on Vh1 or MtV the amount of performance videos without some other story line or visual is slim. I think that their management should have thought we need to make a great video that would have given syw soo much more exposure than it had.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28
I think that is the problem with the newer Mac Videos. Every since the dance, they did performance videos for their first studio album in god knows how many years. It's right out stupid, if you flip on Vh1 or MtV the amount of performance videos without some other story line or visual is slim. I think that their management should have thought we need to make a great video that would have given syw soo much more exposure than it had.

I just think it's a shame!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
It's about an affair. I think it's some of Stevie's best witting and think it would have totally kicked ass live! It and Thrown Down our my two favourite songs on SYW.
I agree! Those are two of my favorite songs from SYW, and I think they both would have been incredible live.

I love the "Don't you knoooowwww"'s near the end of the song, for some reason. It would make a good club tune.

made by dissention