Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover
So they had this little meeting that Stevie and John have mentioned?

John mentioned something about a tour in some of the Q+A questions and Stevie just mentioned a meeting in a recent article from Yesterday.....

John did tell me they had a band meeting, this was back in November, I guess. I don't think plans were ever on for a summer tour though-- he said Stevie had the Australia thing coming up, and Lindsey had something in the summer -"or so I've been told", were his words....(so maybe he views LB's tour plans w/ the same skepticism as the rest of us....? I don't know. ) But anyway he didn't imply there was really a summer tour possibility.

-Lis
Old 02-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
it is sad when the Rolling Stones money making tours keep coming every other year or so and Fleetwood Mac has only tour twice since 1997....
I wish John was in the Rolling Stones...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I wish John was in the Rolling Stones...
Why did Bill Wyman ever leave?
Old 02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Why did Bill Wyman ever leave?
to pursue a solo career in opening a small resturaunt chain, cleverly named after one of the Stones' most succesful albums This would probably be around the same time he hooked up with the 13 year old model
Old 02-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain
to pursue a solo career in opening a small resturaunt chain, cleverly named after one of the Stones' most succesful albums This would probably be around the same time he hooked up with the 13 year old model
DId he get into trouble for any of that? forgive me for being ignorant.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
DId he get into trouble for any of that? forgive me for being ignorant.
Actually, I dont think he did. The mother actually approved of them living together

It doesnt matter, Darryl Jones kicks ass

Last edited by The Chain; 02-11-2006 at 04:54 PM..
Old 02-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Based on the interview just posted on the Stevie board, I'm beginning to think it might be a very cold day in hell when FM hits the road again.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt
Based on the interview just posted on the Stevie board, I'm beginning to think it might be a very cold day in hell when FM hits the road again.
Well, I wouldn't rule anything out, at least as far as Mick and John are concerned. Maybe even Lindsey. But, Stevie was never all that thrilled with SYW, at least in any of the interviews I've read. All that interview did was confirm what most of us already suspected, that the kissing and hand holding was mostly for show. Some of us have been saying that for years, now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-12-2006, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't rule anything out, at least as far as Mick and John are concerned. Maybe even Lindsey. But, Stevie was never all that thrilled with SYW, at least in any of the interviews I've read. All that interview did was confirm what most of us already suspected, that the kissing and hand holding was mostly for show. Some of us have been saying that for years, now.
Exactly!

Christine stay at home in Kent please...just record another album with Dan and I will be happy.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
All that interview did was confirm what most of us already suspected, that the kissing and hand holding was mostly for show. Some of us have been saying that for years, now.
You mean there are people who think otherwise?

It's totally obvious; the "tender" moments were just as staged as Lindsey's scripted prattle in between songs and Stevie's SYW lasso.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

It's totally obvious; the "tender" moments were just as staged as Lindsey's scripted prattle in between songs and Stevie's SYW lasso.
They're referred to as "shippers" because of their focus on the Buckingham Nicks relationship.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-12-2006 at 02:37 PM..
Old 02-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Sad but true.

Cold day in Hell indeed. I think I need to be alone for a while.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Somewhere in New York, Billy Burnette's phone just rang...
Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

There are a couple of different ways to look at this. I always assumed the movements--the onstage dancing & hugging & all--were all done every night in virtually the same way because they were part of the show, like actors blocking stage movements. So in that sense, it was scripted (the Tusk dance & all that stuff).

But were there genuine emotions of friendship & accomplishment & camaraderie that drove those scripted dances & hugs? I think there were. The emotion was there even though it was expressed in specifically theatrical, planned ways night after night on tour.

The same is true (for the most part) with playing a set. You play it & sing it in similar ways every night onstage because otherwise it would be too harrowing & too enervating to improvise literally everything. That would be a superhuman feat. But you should still have a general enjoyment of performing & of the songs you & your bandmates wrote & got successful with so that the nightly performance is a ritual reenactment of the excitement you felt when you made the album or released it or made the cover of Rolling Stone. If you can't even work up the pleasure on *that* level, your performance can look really boring & robotic because that is precisely how you are feeling about all of it.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe
I wouldn't expect it. Steve's pushing 60. A 150 date FM tour then a large solo tour, then an australia, then another solo tour, then a Fleetwood Mac Farewell tour would probably kill her. Thats waaay too much touring with only 3 months of a break.

Gimme a break ...how f***ing tough is touring "the Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac" way? Is she freezing her ever expanding butt in an Econoline van from gig to gig? No. Flying first class & staying in 5 star hotels? Yes.
Is she playing 5+ hrs a night, 6 nights a week? No. Is she playing a 90 minute-2 hr set MAYBE three nights a week? Yeah.

The touring schedule and travel accomodations just COULDn't be that strenuous. If they are, then somebody's f***ing spoiled and is out of touch with what a "real musician's" life is.