User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Well, think about it (pun intended), "Monday Morning", "I'm So Afraid", "Landslide", & "Rhiannon" were being worked on for Buckingham Nicks II when Mick made that fateful phone call. That's why that white album came together so quickly...Christine already had "Warm Ways", "Say You Love Me", "Over My Head" & "Sugar Daddy" written, "Crystal" was on the BN album, they wrote "World Turning" in the studio, the Curtis Bros were recording their tune "Blue Letter" in the studio next door, when Lindsey & Mick heard the song and wanted to record it...wham bam...there's your album.

And, when you look at the demos of Stevie's tunes that were pre-FMac BN tunes...there's ALMOST one per album thereafter...whether FMac or her own.
Good point. I was just surprised becasue I knew some of her later releases such as That's Allright and some others were originally slated to be B/N songs, but IDWK slipped by for some reason. Thank you for enlightening me.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
That's odd, because it doesn't seem especially difficult, and it is very upbeat. Anyone have any info into why not? That's a good idea, to have Stevie take the melody.
It's a very easy song to play. In fact, it's the very first guitar solo I ever learned, note for note. I think it's a great song, and I've never understood why they don't play it.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe
I read that the reason they didn't do it because it replaced Stevie's beloved Silver Springs on Rumours. She refused to play it out of anger.
She seemed to have a less angry outlook on it in the Rumous Classic Album DVD. They should sooooo do it if they tour again with a stripped down acoustic thing. It would be amazing.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Has Fleetwood Mac ever performed "I Don't Want To Know" in concert?
Never say never (after all, American fans had no idea the band ever played "That's Enough for Me" in 1980 until a tape of the London show started circulating here). But as far as "I Don't Want to Know," I'm inclined to say never.

The more interesting question is who suggested it as the "Silver Springs" replacement: Was it Mick (& if so, how & when did he hear it?--since Fleetwood Mac hadn't recorded it yet) or was it Lindsey (& if so, why would this old live tune from the Buckingham Nicks days be on Lindsey's mind?)?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could have been because he found it had a new meaning after the Buckingham Nicks break up?

I still forget where I read it, but the reason was that it fit the time contraints of the album.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The more interesting question is who suggested it as the "Silver Springs" replacement: Was it Mick (& if so, how & when did he hear it?--since Fleetwood Mac hadn't recorded it yet) or was it Lindsey (& if so, why would this old live tune from the Buckingham Nicks days be on Lindsey's mind?)?
I imagine Lindsey didn't much care for pissing himself on stage every night at the end of Silver Springs.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did they not record it until after "Silver Springs"' exlcusion was already decided?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Interesting indeed. And may I add that whoever suggested it was a bit out of their minds or knew that they would piss Stevie off I mean IDWTK is a very cute song, catchy and so on, but it so completely different than Silver Springs (which may not be my favourite, but still, I think it's a much stronger, more emotional, meaningful song and after all it meant a lot to her). I don't know if it was a bad or good decision though, since I tend to think the inclusion of SS would have somehow changed the Rumours atmosphere.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...I just pulled out Rumours the other day and have been listening to this song over and over again. I totally agree that it's a fun, catchy song with soaring harmonies. Before I knew anything about the band and was just listening to Rumours years ago, it was my favorite song. Once I really KNEW the band, I found it ironic that the song that made me love them was the one that never got any attention.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Never say never (after all, American fans had no idea the band ever played "That's Enough for Me" in 1980 until a tape of the London show started circulating here). But as far as "I Don't Want to Know," I'm inclined to say never.

Yeah I know. I flipped when I heard that for the first time. I guess I didnt figure that song would go over real well live, but what the hell do I know.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually think I like the Goo Goo Dolls take on it better than the original.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I actually think I like the Goo Goo Dolls take on it better than the original.
I agree with that. That track is the only one on "Legacy" that I think was an improvement. They turned it into a dark and moody rocker and I love it.

But yes, the original IDWK is long overdue to be played live. Come on, nearly 30 years after it was released, and countless "Rumours heavy" tours and they never dragged it on stage?

Stevie must HATE that song.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B
Stevie must HATE that song.
She would almost HAVE to hate it.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorInTheSky
Wow...I just pulled out Rumours the other day and have been listening to this song over and over again. I totally agree that it's a fun, catchy song with soaring harmonies. Before I knew anything about the band and was just listening to Rumours years ago, it was my favorite song. Once I really KNEW the band, I found it ironic that the song that made me love them was the one that never got any attention.

My story is similar to yours. When I was a child, when Rumours first came out, "I Don't Want to Know" was my favorite song, because it was so catchy and fun. I would play it over and over. Of course, being the fan that I am today, that has changed, but how I would love to hear it live---for old time sake! I agree with the people who said that it would make a great opener.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 02-02-2006, 06:42 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh you say you love me but you don't know