User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustGypsy03
at least The Knight was able to do some thing for me.
...be afraid... be very afraid....
Old 09-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just don't care for him, i've sent some emails to him in the past and he ignored what I had to say basically; he would tell me something that wouldn't help with my situation
Well it really depends what you were asking him I guess. He gets a ton of emails.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I think that they may need to get some new people to run these boards; maybe people that actually would like to converse with the fans ~ maybe, wait no ~ A FAN should be running those boards.
As far as I know the Nicksfix was a fan site before it became the official one.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
John Kinney has been nothing but nice to me, both in emails and in person. He strikes me as a little shy and introverted, but always pleasant.
ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

>>As far as I know the Nicksfix was a fan site before it became the official one.>>

Yes, way back in the day--around 1995-- John Kinney and us were the pretty much the only FM related sites out there.

-Lis
Old 09-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Well it really depends what you were asking him I guess. He gets a ton of emails.
Well he still didn't have to be so cold

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/x_kimbee_x/
Old 09-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
...be afraid... be very afraid....
Afraid of what? That he said that Creative FM fans are much appreciated after telling him my story of what my friends and I have gone through? How he sent the story to Mick's management lol. Sorry, i'm not trying to be mean to you.

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

Old 09-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Afraid of what? That he said that Creative FM fans are much appreciated after telling him my story of what my friends and I have gone through? How he sent the story to Mick's management lol. Sorry, i'm not trying to be mean to you.
You clearly don't know the half of it Kim. The man is a nasty piece of work who treated some good fans very badly. And all I meant was if he is being nice then I would worry. lol.

Pip
Old 09-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

any person who runs an official band website (Mr.Todd...aka Mr.Toad) and is willing to publicly post a private conversation between a fan & hisself (I think those of us who have been here for awhile know what I am talking about) has none of my respect...So much so that after that incident I deleted my account from 'over there' and my reward was to have my ISP number banned from their website (Still effin' hilarious if ya ask me)

Brian "The best 2003 FM tour fan created T-shirt-'Fire Jonathan Todd' " j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
John Kinney has been nothing but nice to me, both in emails and in person. He strikes me as a little shy and introverted, but always pleasant.
I concur, I've not had any bad experiences. I will send "Stevie Sightings" in when I come accross them and he always sends a thank you note back, which he doesn't have to do. I also met him in Vegas but in '98. Where does the time go?

~Susan
Old 09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Where does the time go?

~Susan
I guess it just slipped awaaaaay...
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
You clearly don't know the half of it Kim. The man is a nasty piece of work who treated some good fans very badly. And all I meant was if he is being nice then I would worry. lol.

Pip
Well he hasn't done anything to me so why should I say that I don't like him? He's the only one so far that has been willing to see what the band members thought of our gifts ~ well he didn't say that but at least he felt sorry for what my friends and I have been through, it's been hard; being told dif things, lied to; feeling as if the band didn't care ~ all stuff like that.

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

Old 09-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
any person who runs an official band website (Mr.Todd...aka Mr.Toad) and is willing to publicly post a private conversation between a fan & hisself (I think those of us who have been here for awhile know what I am talking about) has none of my respect...So much so that after that incident I deleted my account from 'over there' and my reward was to have my ISP number banned from their website (Still effin' hilarious if ya ask me)

Brian "The best 2003 FM tour fan created T-shirt-'Fire Jonathan Todd' " j.
I was glad that he had sent it though, I didn't mind that he sent my story to Mick's management; my friends will do anything right now to find out what they thought ~ the band that is, we're not giving up no matter what.

.~.*.~.

MG'S4EVER

Old 09-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well he hasn't done anything to me so why should I say that I don't like him? He's the only one so far that has been willing to see what the band members thought of our gifts ~ well he didn't say that but at least he felt sorry for what my friends and I have been through, it's been hard; being told dif things, lied to; feeling as if the band didn't care ~ all stuff like that.
I don't think anybody says you have to dislike him.
Pip's giving a nod to you on what fans have been through in the past.
It's something to think about if you really mean this quote.

Quote:
it's been hard; being told dif things, lied to; feeling as if the band didn't care ~ all stuff like that"
It doesn't hurt for you to know Knight treated a lot of great loyal fans exactly that way when he first started Mick's site and chat board. To be kind, let's just say his communication skills were inept and caused a lot of anger and resentment among a large group of fans. If his way with fans has improved you're lucky to be treated so well. I wouldn't know. I'm still in the village of the banned. I haven't been to Mick's chat in over a year. If he's helping you that's great. I'd be willing to believe he has improved his way with fans except I'm confused about this

Quote:
has been willing to see what the band members thought of our gifts ~ well he didn't say that
Sounds to me like same 'ol same 'ol with Knight. He has a habit of implying things and saying things that are nothing but bull. I can smell it from here. May I borrow that spray, sir?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Huh???

Quote:
I was glad that he had sent it though, I didn't mind that he sent my story to Mick's management; my friends will do anything right now to find out what they thought ~ the band that is, we're not giving up no matter what.
Ya lost me, I wasnt talking about what you may have posted over there...The private message I mentioned that the Nighty-Knight posted openly in a forum was over a year ago and between a trusted person who posts here regularly (She knows who she is...And hello to you!!!) and himself, But posting that in the open was definitely a black mark in my opinion.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."