The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe he was fired for refusing to use a pick.

Michele
Old 02-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
No! In Micks book and In every interview he said "Lindsey wanted to work more solo and he did too much for the Mac
Old 02-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
No!
Michele was joking.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Wow you are a few years late in reporting that story...
But I just saw it last night on TV!?!

I'm copying my VHS tapes to DVD again
and that was on tape 036. So technically
I did see it last night. You all know I would
never try to mislead any of you right?

Tape 037 is recording right now. I'm hearing
for the first time in a long time the Fleetwood
Mac maxi singles from Tango In The Night. And
just before that was the Stevie Nicks Uncirculated
Rumours 3 album set.

About Lindsey being dismissed, I had forgotten
the word dismissed was used. I thought it was reported
that he had quit the band. On originally seeing that report
on Entertainment Tonight my heart sank. At that point I'd
never seen the Mac. And after hearing that, I thought I never
would.

Was there a little bit of worry from any of you? I'd bet there
was. The approximate date of that tape had to be near August
of 1987. As there was report after report of the 10th anniversary
of Elvis' Death.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
But I just saw it last night on TV!?!

I'm copying my VHS tapes to DVD again
and that was on tape 036. So technically
I did see it last night. You all know I would
never try to mislead any of you right?

Tape 037 is recording right now. I'm hearing
for the first time in a long time the Fleetwood
Mac maxi singles from Tango In The Night. And
just before that was the Stevie Nicks Uncirculated
Rumours 3 album set.

About Lindsey being dismissed, I had forgotten
the word dismissed was used. I thought it was reported
that he had quit the band. On originally seeing that report
on Entertainment Tonight my heart sank. At that point I'd
never seen the Mac. And after hearing that, I thought I never
would.

Was there a little bit of worry from any of you? I'd bet there
was. The approximate date of that tape had to be near August
of 1987. As there was report after report of the 10th anniversary
of Elvis' Death.
that's kinda cool to read, i've never heard before that they reported it as him being dismissed.

and wow yeah Elvis, 1977-1987...

re now, who would be dismissing him? if you ask Mick (someone did, at one of m&gs), LB's the heart of the band right now, and the one whose lead everyone else in the band follows, he's the one who's trying to push them forward. so who would dismiss him these days? Mick? John? Christine who just joined and having a lovefest with him judging by all the interviews?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Michele
No, because he was always barefoot.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
No, because he was always barefoot.
and wearing tight pink v-necks.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
re now, who would be dismissing him? if you ask Mick (someone did, at one of m&gs), LB's the heart of the band right now, and the one whose lead everyone else in the band follows, he's the one who's trying to push them forward. so who would dismiss him these days? Mick? John? Christine who just joined and having a lovefest with him judging by all the interviews?
I'm sorry but did you just borrow Stevie and Lindsey's Word of the Tour for Their Relationship (aka 'lovefest') and use it to describe Chris and Lindsey!? I feel slightly put out on their behalf. Also, I'm sorry but ALL the interviews indicated L and C are having a LOVEFEST!? By that, do you mean, one interview indicated Chris sent some songs to Lindsey and he was pleased with them and looking forward to working with them?

I also notice you left Stevie out of the list of people who you wouldn't think would want to dismiss Lindsey. Any particular reason? Because THEIR lovefest seemed to be pretty damn strong...

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I'm sorry but ALL the interviews indicated L and C are having a LOVEFEST!? By that, do you mean, one interview indicated Chris sent some songs to Lindsey and he was pleased with them and looking forward to working with them?
you've been so great in collecting everything and anything FM, not just B or N, so i'm pretty sure you must know even better than me what they said about each other in the last few months.

you know, mostly that one interview (or were there 2?) where Christine was talking about how gorgeous he was when she first saw him and having a crush on him in the old times and how much he's always done for the band and her songs? i'm lazy to look for the quotes about their present state of affairs but they go something like "he's a lovely man now" and "i always loved her sense of humor" and "the old chemistry of the 5 is there again when she's together with us" come to mind.

basically that one interview where Christine and Lindsey dispensed with all the mounting speculations how Lindsey is a dick yet again and doesn't want Christine to re-join FM. oh and where Christine said how LB was the one who tried to convince her to stay in FM during the Dance tour, riding in her limo every night after the show. that interview put a sudden stop to all the talk about the bad blood between them.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
basically that one interview where Christine and Lindsey dispensed with all the mounting speculations how Lindsey is a dick yet again and doesn't want Christine to re-join FM. oh and where Christine said how LB was the one who tried to convince her to stay in FM during the Dance tour, riding in her limo every night after the show. that interview put a sudden stop to all the talk about the bad blood between them.
I assume you're talking about that BBC radio programme/interview? Yes, Christine was almost as flattering about Lindsey in that as the presenter/interviewer was about Christine! Every interview we get with one of them usually gives leave to renewed or squashed talk of bad blood. I don't take a lot of that kind of thing at face value, in truth - there's a general overall message that's trying to be presented by the media and the band. I'm sure they're perfectly happy to be working together again and Christine was overly positive about Lindsey (mostly in reference to The Dance era, and his family changing him positively, and his good looks), but it just doesn't add up to LOVEFEST for me, particularly because Lindsey's feelings have always seemed a little mixed on Christine's leaving and return over the years. Which is fine.

By, 'sudden stop to all the talk about the bad blood', you mean people stopped having a go at Lindsey and being annoyed by talk of burned bridges, lol?

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure they're perfectly happy to be working together again and Christine was overly positive about Lindsey (mostly in reference to The Dance era, and his family changing him positively, and his good looks), but it just doesn't add up to LOVEFEST for me, particularly because Lindsey's feelings have always seemed a little mixed on Christine's leaving and return over the years.
not sure what your definition of lovefest is, but mine must be a good bit wider than yours.
yes, LB seemed to have been unhappy about Christine leaving, if his burned bridges and her descriptions of his limo riding are to be believed.

and yes, i would characterize current apparent friendship between Lindsey and Trent as a lovefest too.

Last edited by elle; 02-18-2014 at 11:34 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't take a lot of that kind of thing at face value, in truth - there's a general overall message that's trying to be presented by the media and the band.
Aside from the line that John's cancer was caught in time and he's going to be fine, I don't see a general overall message being presented by the media and the band at all. In fact, the band members seem to be out of synch when discussing where they're going next and Christine's return.

At any rate, Christine's comments are consistent to things she's been saying for years and don't indicate to me that she's lathering anything on to put on a good front for press.

Michele
Old 02-19-2014, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

TMZ is reporting...

Rick Vito and Billy Burnette have been fired!

What's next for the Mac?
Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Aside from the line that John's cancer was caught in time and he's going to be fine, I don't see a general overall message being presented by the media and the band at all. In fact, the band members seem to be out of synch when discussing where they're going next and Christine's return.

At any rate, Christine's comments are consistent to things she's been saying for years and don't indicate to me that she's lathering anything on to put on a good front for press.

Michele
No, sure. There is consistency and I'm not saying this is particularly true in this case over others, though at times during the BBC interview I felt I was being hit over the head with certain ideas being put across... However, I don't see 'band members being out of synch' and 'a general overall message being presented' as mutually exclusive. In fact, I think sometimes that 'out of sync-ness' is blown out of proportion or emphasised AS PART of the message being presented. I also think you can be putting on a good front for press and be telling the truth at the same time by omitting certain things, and emphasising others by selecting certain events or things to focus on. Again, there aren't necessarily ulterior motives involved or a concerted effort to portray things a certain way; it's a natural thing to do.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Of course he was tired. The man was overworked. They even had to bring in two replacements!
Not quite.

Rick was already booked to go out on the Tango tour as a 2nd guitarist when Lindsey quit. Because Tango was so heavilly produced and layered, additional musicians were hired to recreate this sound on stage.