The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite non-hit song?
Crystal 22 44.90%
Monday Morning 14 28.57%
World Turning 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default '75 Fleetwood Mac: Non-Hits - Round 2

Okay Ledgies, here's round 2 for the white album.

Crystal vs Monday Morning vs World Turning

Poll closes in 4 days.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have to go with Crystal. Always been one of my all time favs

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm... Kind of a tough choice between these three songs. In the end I picked the one that most sounds like a cohesive band and chose World Turning.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

World Turning.

I then prefer Monday Morning over Crystal, although I do like them both.

This was quite a tough choice as all three are great!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

can't vote - love both Monday Morning and World Turning.

do not like Crystal.

so - i could easily pick the last one of the 3...
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 AM

Crystal.. Christine's keyboard solo and harmony w/ Stevie and LB make this head and shoulders above the B/N version.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Stevie more than any other member of Fleetwood Mac. I just want to put that out there, so my next statement isn't taken out of context as some kind of Stevie-bashng.

Is anyone else "surprised" that the song with the most Stevie presence is winning this poll.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I love Stevie more than any other member of Fleetwood Mac. I just want to put that out there, so my next statement isn't taken out of context as some kind of Stevie-bashng.

Is anyone else "surprised" that the song with the most Stevie presence is winning this poll.
I wasn't really surprised. It's not even Stevie's lead vocal yet it's winning.

I try not to put out too much of my opinion when I run these contests, with that said, I hope Stevie doesn't win every single album with a whole bunch of her songs in the finals.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I wasn't really surprised. It's not even Stevie's lead vocal yet it's winning.

I try not to put out too much of my opinion when I run these contests, with that said, I hope Stevie doesn't win every single album with a whole bunch of her songs in the finals.
The Ledge is dominated by SN fans. Without us there would be no Ledge. But I picked Monday Morning not because I like it better than Crystal but because that is a song I would listen to first when I listen to the white album.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

exactly why i don't like to participate in polls where songs from different songwriters are pitted against each other. the polls turn into who is the most popular songwriter among people who are registered members of the ledge - and we already know the answer to that.

so why not do a poll of different SN songs in SN forum to find the most popular of her solo songs (and i guess her mac songs in Rumours forum?), different LB songs in LB forum (we are planning to do that soon , we might do his mac songs in this forum), and CV solo songs in CV forum / her mac songs here? might get a bit more interesting and diverse results.

EDIT: of course, when MSB put a version of the option i describe above for a vote, it didn't win, so

Last edited by elle; 02-14-2012 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I agree 100%.

I know it's just my opinion, but I don't get it. Crystal was a great standout track on Buckingham Nicks. On this Fleetwood Mac album? Not so much...I mean there's a good reason it wasn't a concert staple. Snooze....
Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I agree 100%.

I know it's just my opinion, but I don't get it. Crystal was a great standout track on Buckingham Nicks. On this Fleetwood Mac album? Not so much...I mean there's a good reason it wasn't a concert staple. Snooze....
I feel completely the opposite. I thought it was boring on the B/N album.. (which I love that album). But it just didn't have the emotional expression that the McVie's and Fleetwood give it.

When LB is singing "to the sea" I felt the keys were the waves of the ocean.. going in and out... mind you I was very young when I heard both versions...
Old 02-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I feel completely the opposite. I thought it was boring on the B/N album.. (which I love that album). But it just didn't have the emotional expression that the McVie's and Fleetwood give it.
I guess I wasn't clear. What I meant was the song isn't performed live because it's a bore. Beautiful in both incarnations, yes, but utterly boring - and I'm a guy who loves sappy ballads.

On the whole BN album, Crystal is one of the better tracks, both lyrically and quality of performance. On the whole FM/FM album, Crystal is not one of the better tracks. Not that it's not good on it's own - it's just not one of the best overall. My opinion of course, but that's what I was trying to convery in my earlier post.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The Ledge is dominated by SN fans. Without us there would be no Ledge. But I picked Monday Morning not because I like it better than Crystal but because that is a song I would listen to first when I listen to the white album.
True the Ledge has a lot of Stevie Nicks fans. I'm not really a Stevie Nicks fan nor am I a fan of Lindsey, Christine, Mick, John, Peter, Bob B, Jeremy, Danny, Bob Welch, Dave W., Bob Weston, Billy, Rick, Dave M, or Bekka - I am a fan of the group known as Fleetwood Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly why i don't like to participate in polls where songs from different songwriters are pitted against each other. the polls turn into who is the most popular songwriter among people who are registered members of the ledge - and we already know the answer to that.
I definitely agree, but I do want people to vote and to vote for which song they geniunely like, whether that be Stevie's FM songs, Lindsey, or Christine's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so why not do a poll of different SN songs in SN forum to find the most popular of her solo songs (and i guess her mac songs in Rumours forum?), different LB songs in LB forum (we are planning to do that soon , we might do his mac songs in this forum), and CV solo songs in CV forum / her mac songs here? might get a bit more interesting and diverse results.

EDIT: of course, when MSB put a version of the option i describe above for a vote, it didn't win, so
You answered your own post there elle!!

On Stevie's forum they ran a Stevie song contest comprising her FM songs and her solo songs and came up with a list of their favorite Stevie songs.

Sounds like you borrowed one of my options to do for Lindsey's FM/solo songs? That's cool.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm a Lindsey fan first and foremost, but I still voted for Crystal. I'm not crazy about World Turning and I wouldn't pick Monday Morning as the best song on the album either. FM Crystal is so much better than BN Crystal, so it got my vote.
Closed Thread