Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
They're his vocals if they come out of his mouth.

Listening to all the album tracks he's been involved with for the past 30+ years, I appreciate his versatility. He plays with them like they're an instrument.
He plays so much that when I first heard the kids at the end of SYW I just assumed that was Lindsey.

Quote:
People have been saying this stuff for as long as the album has been out, and it really does grate my nerves a bit. It's like some don't WANT to give the different style a chance. That's the kind of **** that probably makes him feel unappreciated.
Well . . .that's not exactly what I appreciate about him. I don't know, sometimes, as in Time Bomb Town when he is experimenting with sound and it is so expertly intertwined with the song's message, that is what I do consider his genius. It's Lindsey's unique fingerprint and I love it. There the mechanical hiccups and yelps, blend with the futuristic theme and I find it breath-taking.

Other times, I just think he's being weird and annoying, but I really don't care. With other artists, I think if I wish and pray hard enough, if it's commercially shunned, maybe they'll stop doing something I don't like. With him, it's like whatever. I guess I feel he's stubborn and his will is greater than mine, so he's never going to stop and I might as well just give in. I feel it's not even worth my energy to wish he wouldn't, because he will.

Michele