User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Clearly Mick lived at a Mexican restaurant.
They were running a Mexican restaurant, which is why Christine and Mick always had a yen to return to the food industry.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 02-08-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They were running a Mexican restaurant, which why Christine and Mick always had a yen to return to the food industry.
Burritos Are Hard To Find

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They were running a Mexican restaurant, which is why Christine and Mick always had a yen to return to the food industry.

Michele
"When Mick Fleetwood and I started performing back in 1974, we had a vision that one day our music would be heard around the world.. while people eat Mexican food in a restaurant."

Stevie Nicks' Fajita Roundup suddenly makes more sense.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know if this was posted. 19 things you might not know about FM.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/19-...ref_map=%5B%5D
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Men's Journal interview with LB

new interview with Lindsey here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51633

says he's not doing pot anymore...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
new interview with Lindsey here - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51633

says he's not doing pot anymore...

I like last paragraph too!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

‘Sh*t, I can still play; that’s good’: As Fleetwood Mac reunites, Mick Fleetwood picks his favorite tracks

by Something Else! Reviews, March 22, 2013

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013...vorite-tracks/

For long-time drummer Mick Fleetwood, preparing another reunion set list for Fleetwood Mac is fairly straight forward. Any song, he says, will do — though Fleetwood admits a personal preference for the group’s uptempo songs.

“I have really no specific favorites; I just enjoy playing,” Fleetwood says, in the attached video. “We know we’re going to do certain songs, and if we don’t do them the audience will shoot us. We know that, and we enjoy doing it.”

Fleetwood co-founded Fleetwood Mac along with bassist John McVie and the now-departed Peter Green in the 1960s. After a series of more blues-focused recordings, however, the group began to evolve into a hit-making pop machine in the following decade — reaching critical mass after the twin departures of Green and second guitarist Jeremy Spencer.

Even as the now-retired Christine McVie began to emerge in the band dynamic, the lineup expanded to include Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks in the early ’70s. Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 smash Rumours would go on to produce four U.S. Top 10 hit songs, and topped the Billboard album charts for some 31 weeks.

Unsurprisingly, when pressed to select a favorite track, Fleetwood eventually goes with one from that blockbuster release — as well as another from its follow up, 1979′s Tusk.

“I think as a percussionist, a drummer, I always know my tempo is up,” Fleetwood allows. “It lets me know that I’m still doing what I really need to be doing — like ‘Go Your Own Way,’ ‘Tusk.’ Songs like that give me a personal workout, so selfishly I go: “****, I can still play. That’s good.’”

Fleetwood Mac will begin a 16-week series of American concert dates in April, continuing through early July. European shows will follow later in 2013.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Newsday Apr 05 2013 21:58:48

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...gain-1.4998675

By Glenn Gamboa Newsday
April 05--Fleetwood Mac starts over with every tour.

Though Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks will celebrate their 40th anniversary together next year, they approach each tour as its own experience. And the massive "Fleetwood Mac Live 2013" tour that launched last week and runs through October -- including a Madison Square Garden stop tomorrow, a Prudential Center stop April 24 and a Nikon at Jones Beach Theater stop June 22 -- is no different.

"We never know what we'll play until we walk out the doors of the rehearsal hall," says Nicks, calling from her home in Santa Monica, Calif. "We really don't plan it before that."

With so much legendary material to choose from, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers do have a process for building the tour setlist, she says.

"We know there are songs we have to do, because we have to do them," she says. "We're going to do 'Gold Dust Woman' and 'Go Your Own Way' because everyone wants to hear them -- there's about 10 of those songs. We do about 20 or 21 songs in the show, so when we get there, everybody has a piece of paper with some unfamiliar songs that maybe we have never done or maybe we've done just a few times. We make a big, huge board, and we put all the names of these songs up. Then, we sit down and listen to all the records in case there's anything that we forgot. We add those to the list on the board.

"Then, we sit around on couches with acoustic instruments, and we play all these songs," she continues. "I'll have my four songs that I want. Lindsey will have four songs that he wants, and we'll still have five or six songs left. You see your set start to come together."

'Rumours' has it

With the recent 35th anniversary release of Fleetwood Mac's Grammy-winning "Rumours" album, one of the biggest-selling albums ever, with 40 million copies sold and more expected to move this year after a new, remastered box set of the album was released in January, there are some additional considerations for the band's show.

"Maybe we will add a song or two from 'Rumours,' " Nicks says. "It's about the set being the best set it can be. We are totally willing to try anything, and that's what we do. You can kind of feel what works and what doesn't work. The unfortunate thing is we haven't fared well in doing [retired Mac keyboardist-singer Christine McVie's] songs. We don't sound like Chris. I don't sound good singing lead on her songs. Lindsey doesn't sound good singing lead on her songs... Her songs don't really play a major part in this, but her songs play a major part in the whole thing."

Another consideration is that, for the first time in a decade, Fleetwood Mac has some new material. Nicks says the band recorded two new songs -- "Miss Fantasy" and "Sad Angel" -- that they might play.

Recording session

Early last year, Buckingham, Fleetwood and John McVie went into the studio to work on music and recorded several songs. "I didn't go then because my mom had just died," Nicks says. "But I recently went into the studio with Lindsey, and we listened to the songs they recorded. I put vocals on two songs, and they came out great. They really sound like great Fleetwood Mac songs. Lindsey told me when they were recording, he had really tried to see through my eyes, to really be me, and he has the ability to do that. They're really a lot of fun."

Nicks hopes another song that may be new to Fleetwood Mac fans, though not new to fans of her solo work, may make it into the set.

"I told Lindsey when we finished 'Soldier's Angel' that this song is going to go far and wide," she says of the song about injured veterans of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. "We'll be able to carry this right out of my work into Fleetwood Mac... It gives me the platform to continue to talk about these kids who really need your help. It lets me tell thousands of people a night that this problem is not over."

Although the rest of Fleetwood Mac wanted to tour last year, Nicks, who wanted to spend the year promoting her solo album, "In My Dreams," on tour, says touring in 2013 has actually worked out better for all of them, especially Fleetwood, who opened his restaurant, Fleetwood's on Front Street, in Lahaina, Hawaii, last year.

"That's been Mick's dream since we all went to Maui in 1977," Nicks says. "Even though everyone was like, 'We want to go out,' I'm like, 'What about the restaurant? If you just drop everything and run, the restaurant's not going to get opened in 2012, and then your dream's going to be put on hold again. Don't put your dream on hold. Fleetwood Mac is there.'

"I told them in 1981, when everybody thought that doing 'Bella Donna' was going to break up Fleetwood Mac," she continues. "I sat them down and said, 'Listen, I am never going to leave you... I just need another vehicle for songs, because I write way too many songs for a band with three writers in it that does a record every two or three years. I'm drowning here. I am never going to break up this band. I promise you that.' By now, they believe it's true. My solo work has never become more important than Fleetwood Mac. I never let it take over, and I never will."

WHO Fleetwood Mac

WHEN -- WHERE 8 p.m. Monday, Madison Square Garden

INFO $49.50-$179.50; 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com

Nicks on today's stars:

Stevie Nicks is a fan of music, and she recognizes it's a tough time for young artists in the struggling music industry. As her mentoring appearance on last season's "American Idol" showed, she has great suggestions for young singers looking to follow in her superstar footsteps.

Here's what she had to say about these three:

RIHANNA "She's excellent. I saw her several years ago on 'Letterman,' and she did 'Shut Up and Drive' and just did it with kind of a rock band. This girl could front a rock and roll band, and she'd be amazing. She could be a rock star and a pop star.

JUSTIN BIEBER "He's really good and writes really good songs," says Nicks, adding that being a singer and songwriter is the model that young artists should follow. "You have to make a heavy mark on your own. There's no artist development now."

CARLY RAE JEPSEN Nicks says she was impressed with Jepsen's songwriting after hearing "Call Me Maybe," which she would "walk around singing every day all day long and wake up singing in the morning." She says more of that kind of songwriting will keep Jepsen around.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

AM New York by Hal Bienstock, April 7, 2013
http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.81203...ival-1.5025105

Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” is one of the 10 best-selling albums of all time. What keeps it fresh 35 years later is not only the music itself, but the stories behind the songs. The album was recorded as two couples — Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, and John and Christine McVie — were in the process of breaking up, and the album reflects that tension and emotion. A deluxe edition of “Rumours” was recently reissued, complete with outtakes and live tracks.

amNY spoke with drummer Mick Fleetwood as the 2013 edition of the band — with John McVie, Buckingham and Nicks — got ready for a tour.

What do you think when you listen to “Rumours” today? I think it was a miracle we were able to make it because of all the stuff that was going on. I love it. It’s a complete piece of work. They were really well put together songs, then you have the whole dynamic and the story of “How the hell did that bunch of people survive the emotional journey they were on?”

Is there still pain when you play these songs? We remember all of it. It makes us reconnect to what was going on then, but we look at it from increasingly different angles. We’re all older and more forgiving. It’s not super, super painful. What it is now is super, super interesting.

Are you working on new music? There are two or three things we’re hoping to get on the Internet as an EP. … In my opinion, Lindsey’s songs are some of the best stuff he’s done. I’d love to think we could put some of Stevie’s stuff together with it, then we’d have another Fleetwood Mac album. That’s my little pipe dream.

There’s a perception that these days Fleetwood Mac is a business as much as a band. Is there any truth to that? I so don’t identify with that. For one thing, if we were running a business, we’d be working a lot more. Stevie and Lindsey have been in love since they were 16. ... There are some bands that made great music, but don’t give a s--- about each other. In truth, we care too much about each other. That flame is very much about to get to lit up again.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Another one of those interviews from that day, handholding included, naturally...

Also, Mick compares them to Neil Young, Lindsey likes the word rhythm, Stevie talks about writing a letter to her 'great BFF in the band' Christine (ending with the not at all dramatic 'I wish you would come back and save me but I know you can't and I understand why').

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7__Hr1OjsM
Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

http://blogs.suntimes.com/music/2013...ine_mcvie.html

The classic rock institution that is Fleetwood Mac has embarked on its umpteenth reunion tour this spring. The band isn't supporting a new album. Nevertheless, despite saying never many times, they're going back again -- and again and again, with 66 arena concerts scheduled around the world this year.

It's difficult to get excited about this go-round -- even for me, a lifelong Mac addict undeterred even by the "Time" album. The biggest news out of the tour so far is that the band is performing "Sisters of the Moon," a 33-year-old "Tusk" track.

Yawn.

The last time Fleetwood Mac toured the tambourines and scarves, in 2009, singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham told me that, even after all these years, it felt like "a proving ground." (Two years later, he reported it a "freeing experience.") But this time, even the band doesn't seem exactly juiced about their jaunt.

"We know we're going to do certain songs," namesake drummer Mick Fleetwood said in a recent online interview, "and if we don't do them, the audience will shoot us."

"We always have to play 'Dreams,' 'Rhiannon,' 'Don't Stop,' 'Tusk,' 'Big Love,' 'Landslide' and all our most famous songs," Lindsey Buckingham told Rolling Stone. "For now, I have no particular vision of what this tour is going to be."

Actually, guys, you don't have to.

In fact, I call upon all Fleetwood Mac fans to join me in declaring: Lindsey, Stevie, John, Mick -- we release you! Whatever social-setlist contract you think exists between us is officially now and forever nullified, voided, torn asunder. You are pardoned.

Please: Play whatever you want. Forgo the hits, play the misses. Play jazz, play bluegrass. Throw out the setlist altogether. Try improvising. Try failing.

Anything but this put-upon resignation to the slavish "demands" of your fans -- because, frankly, it makes us sound like jerks.

"2013 is going to be the year of Fleetwood Mac," Nicks told Rolling Stone.

Here are five ways the Fleetwood Mac crew could announce a tour that would actually make a dent in the absurdity of that statement and once again activate my salivary glands:

1. Record a real Fleetwood Mac album
"Say You Will," the most recent Mac album, already is a decade old. The last new record the band actually wrote and recorded while generally in the same room with each other was "Mirage" in 1982. Since then, it's been hijacked Buckingham solo projects ("Tango in the Night," "Say You Will"), misfired lineups ("Behind the Mask," "Time") and greatest hits. The recently announced EP (due any day now) smacks of merch, not creativity.

Y'all need to hole up and jam. Not just the requisite two new songs (such as "Sad Angel" and "Miss Fantasy"), not another dredged-up B-side turned into a new A-side ("Silver Springs"), not a 37th anniversary repackage of "Rumours" -- but a full studio set. If the members of this corporate board have the time for 66 unasked-for shows, you can stare at each other over a sound board again.

2. Scale it down
We get it, you're huge. Every tour is an arena tour. The music has echoed around so much steel and concrete it's stopped being songs and just devolved into mere momentary memory cues. Why not bring it down, focus the attention -- play theaters?

Sure, you'll boost the ticket price, but you can also loosen things up to make it worthwhile. Setlists could change up. (The play-an-entire-album trope might work here.) Unscripted banter could break out. (Maybe even a long-simmering argument.) Most of your fans could see you in the flesh, rather than on a video screen. (You're not computer projections yet, are you?)

3. Bribe Christine
Christine McVie packed it in after the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998, and though she's attended a few Mac concerts since then she hasn't joined the band on stage. Given the tone of comments from her mates -- Nicks said the chances of Christine returning to the band were equal to an asteroid collision -- we understand she's probably a write-off. Retirement from rock should be respected and, in so many cases, encouraged.

But there's hope. First, an asteroid did nearly plow into the planet a few weeks ago. Second, McVie actually joined Fleetwood and former Mac guitarist Rick Vito (and, for some reason, Aerosmith's Steven Tyler) on stage in Maui just last February for a sporting run through "Don't Stop," playing keys and singing.

She's this band's leavening agent. Privately, you guys need her. Musically, so do we. To get just one more ridiculously great song out of her (even a "Temporary One"!), give her the moon to get her back.

4. Reboot Buckingham Nicks
The musical and certainly the personal dynamic between Buckingham and Nicks first clarified on the 1973 pre-Mac album as a duo; the "Buckingham Nicks" LP is now an industry legend, having never been reissued digitally. (Still no straight answer about why that is.) But for at least a decade now, both have been hinting at the desire to record again and tour just as the pair.

"We had already started our second Buckingham Nicks record," Nicks reiterated in an interview last month at SXSW, describing the project that was dropped when Fleetwood Mac discovered her and then-boyfriend Buckingham and brought them into the band. Buckingham recently and repeatedly has voiced his interest in rebooting that aborted sophomore album -- even saying late last year that some sessions had begun with producer Mitchell Froom.

So ... do it already. Go even more intimate with the resulting tour (clubs!) to highlight your own unique bond. Two people, two guitars, no fuss. I can't imagine a better residency at Park West.

5. An 'us' festival
Dave Grohl's Sound City Players concert in March at SXSW was an enjoyable enough rock and roll revue, spanning generations. Nicks' performance -- dueting with Grohl and backed by the Foo Fighters -- was surprisingly great. The Mac songs didn't sound stale in a modern setting, and Nicks was more than capable of leading the bashing hard rock band with witchy panache.

So go the Ringo all-stars route -- but with a larger scope and fewer track suits. Keep Grohl on board, call it Fleetwood Fighters & the Rolling Thunder Always Happens Revue! A half dozen shows across the country, on the Sound City Players model. It could be part reunion (guest turns from Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Billy Burnette, Rick Vito, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason), part intergenerational parade of pals (Tom Petty, Don Henley, Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton, Sheryl Crow, Matthew Sweet), part torch-passing (Buckingham can show off his new song with Delta Rae, Best Coast can roar through their magnificent cover of "Rhiannon"), part vaudeville (I'm seeing Chevy Chase on drums for "Holiday Road").

That's almost enough all for everyone.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Christine say she would Perform in London!!??

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/fl...p-8566433.html

09 April 2013

Fleetwood Mac will release a new EP later this week.

The band will be putting out their first new material since their Say You Will album from 2003, including new track Sad Angel.

The band - Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks - debuted both that song and another, Without You, last Thursday at the opening of their 2013 tour in Ohio, US.

Lindsey announced news of the new release to the crowd at another show in Philadelphia.

He said: "One of the things we thought would be a good idea before we hit the road would be to go into the studio and cut some new material. So last year we did that. It's the best stuff we've done in a long time and in a few days we're going to drop an EP of new stuff."

Ex-band member, Christine McVie - who left the band and retired from music in 1998 - has also said she would like to perform with the band at one of their London dates if they will allow her.

She said: "If they wanted me to, I might pop back on stage when they're in London just to do a little duet or something like that."

Fleetwood Mac are currently playing in the US as part of a world tour.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is text about the video Nicole21290 linked above]

STV Entertainment, April 11, 2013

http://entertainment.stv.tv/music/22...-off-new-tour/

Fleetwood Mac kicked off their North American tour with band members Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie – and they have revealed their thoughts about returning to play live shows.

However, original member Christine McVie decided not to join her old buddies. McVie's choice came as a big blow for Nicks.

Nicks said that she really misses McVie, who has not toured with the band since 1998.

"I just actually got a note from her and I sat down night before last and wrote her a two-page letter," she said. "You know, I think I ended the letter with: 'I wish you would come back and save me, but I know you can't and I understand why.'

“You know, I miss her every day because she was my best friend. I had a great BFF in the band, I had her to talk to and I had her to hang out with. She was my best gal, you know?"

The group is celebrating the 35th anniversary of the best-selling "Rumours" album, which has moved some 20 million units in the United States.

Mick Fleetwood explained why he thinks fans are still so interested in the band after all these years.

"I think we have the ingredients of say, when you talk about someone like Neil Young, for instance, where he still loves to do what he does, he's still very vested in his art form and what he does, the musicality and he tours and he stops. He has a career," Fleetwood said.

"He's still really good. And it becomes something, like Stevie mentioned in another interview, this is what we do and it's all of that that makes this work, you know, and makes it really possible with the possibilities that can unfold out of it, you know.

“We have a safe harbour and it's the thing we created, which is Fleetwood Mac and all the lovely music that is being celebrated in a way where you sit there and say, 'Oh my God,' you've been brought up around it and so forth. All of these things are really unfolding now for us to cogitate on and still be able to go out there and do what we're doing now – which is exciting and revealing for us in personal ways."
Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"He's still really good. And it becomes something, like Stevie mentioned in another interview, this is what we do and it's all of that that makes this work, you know, and makes it really possible with the possibilities that can unfold out of it, you know.
uh, again, in English please?

"possible with the possibilities"..... reminds me of "listener of listeners"
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

‘We go on stage and still have our love affair’: Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks on Lindsey Buckingham by Something Else! January 4, 2014 at 1:38 pm

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...ey-buckingham/

The torrid passion between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks has been both the blessing (you’ve heard of Rumours, right?) and the curse of Fleetwood Mac.

After all, the emotional split chronicled in songs like “Dreams” and “Go Your Own Way” eventually formed a basis for bad feelings that split the group apart a decade later.

Since a 1998 reunion with the platinum-era lineup of the group, however, the tandem of Buckingham and Nicks has held steady — even as Christine McVie retired and, more recently, her ex-husband John McVie endured a cancer scare. Once perhaps the most unstable part of the group, they now represent its foundation.

“We were, for all practical purposes, married for a long time,” Nicks tells Extra and, with their continuing tours in Fleetwood Mac, “we have the ability, and the gift, of being able to go on stage and still have our love affair.”

That Buckingham is married now hasn’t changed the nature of this more mature kind of passion — a passion focused on the work.

“He has a beautiful wife that I just adore,” Nicks adds, “and three little kids that are so very special. I get them also, you know? I get to have them, too.”