The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 12-19-2018, 10:08 AM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Actually no, that's not an opinion thats a fact. Putting words in somebody's mouth is exactly that. He never mentioned Lindsey AT ALL so you have absolutely ZERO basis for anything you want to infer from the comment. The context of the statement was the tour itself, not Lindsey Buckingham. Save your BS for somebody else.
God, such childish bickering. Make it stop.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 12-19-2018, 06:47 PM
sands of time sands of time is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Actually no, that's not an opinion thats a fact. Putting words in somebody's mouth is exactly that. He never mentioned Lindsey AT ALL so you have absolutely ZERO basis for anything you want to infer from the comment. The context of the statement was the tour itself, not Lindsey Buckingham. Save your BS for somebody else.
Still just your opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Still just your opinion.
As someone whoís been on tour with different lineups of the same band, and as someone who follows Taku on Facebook, I understood what he was saying. Itís not about specific people, itís about the dynamic of the group as a whole at that particular moment in time, which is very in the moment. That dynamic can change even if that group doesnít. For whatever reason, things seemed to click in a certain way on this particular leg.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:46 AM
BigAl84's Avatar
BigAl84 BigAl84 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY near Buffalo
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
As someone whoís been on tour with different lineups of the same band, and as someone who follows Taku on Facebook, I understood what he was saying. Itís not about specific people, itís about the dynamic of the group as a whole at that particular moment in time, which is very in the moment. That dynamic can change even if that group doesnít. For whatever reason, things seemed to click in a certain way on this particular leg.
Well said, Steve!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 12-21-2018, 02:00 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Stevie Nicks: ĎThere Is Nothing Better Than Being Inducted Into the Hall of Fameí

Iím a huge fan of Def Leppard. I know them and they always come to our shows. I know them pretty well and I really love their music, actually, and I have their music on my road tapes that I make and I listen to every night between 5:00 and 8:00 every night that I do a show. Thatís my inspiration, a lot of my favorite groups.
Iím a huge fan of Janet Jackson. Sheís also all over all my tapes. I listen to Janet almost every single night.
Since we've all been hearing about Stevie's road tapes and mix tapes for thirty years, wouldn't it be cool if she gave us a big song list of those tapes? I never got the impression that she was a very daring listener prone to dipping into the unknown, instead preferring to listen to popular, radio-friendly songs. But on the other hand, she has mentioned occasional songs or artists that I'm surprised she listens to. I'd love to have a giant list. Maybe as a little Christmas present for fans, Stevie could write out a list of her tapes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 12-21-2018, 08:31 PM
sands of time sands of time is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I understood what he was saying.
Sweet Jesus. I am IMMMpressed!

You were the one that Courtney was bellowing at on the rehearsal tape of "Life Despite God," right? "No, Steve! Calm it down, Steve! Don't go that far! It's too much, Steve! Tasteful!"

Last edited by sands of time : 12-21-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: yes
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 12-21-2018, 09:06 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Sweet Jesus. I am IMMMpressed!

You were the one that Courtney was bellowing at on the rehearsal tape of "Life Despite God," right? "No, Steve! Calm it down, Steve! Don't go that far! It's too much, Steve! Tasteful!"
Funny story: She was at an outdoor show in Brooklyn. The other roadie asked if I wanted to meet her. I didnít.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 12-22-2018, 02:04 PM
sands of time sands of time is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Funny story: She was at an outdoor show in Brooklyn. The other roadie asked if I wanted to meet her. I didnít.
I must have you confused with someone else.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 12-23-2018, 01:53 AM
rubylounge rubylounge is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States by the sea
Posts: 239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Stevie had not spoken to Prince since the Purple Rain movie premiere, apparently. Thatís why itís hilarious when she talks as if they were close for all this time.
Actually, there was an interview that Stevie spoke about being at Prince's Superbowl performance in 2007. It was raining and she talked about watching Prince in the rain. She said that they had spoken before/after the show. I do not think they were as close as she leads people to believe though.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 12-23-2018, 02:04 AM
rubylounge rubylounge is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States by the sea
Posts: 239
Default

I would have ended up having a house full of sons, which would have driven me crazy, so I probably made the right decision.

Strange thing to say considering she has her Great Nephew "Roman"
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 12-25-2018, 06:09 PM
StreetAngel86's Avatar
StreetAngel86 StreetAngel86 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: somewhere...being strange & elusive...
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylounge View Post
I would have ended up having a house full of sons, which would have driven me crazy, so I probably made the right decision.

Strange thing to say considering she has her Great Nephew "Roman"
truthfully, i really don't think she sees him that much at all
her birthday and christmas maybe.
prob forgot she has one.
__________________
she thought she was out there...but nobody saw...
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:45 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Prince would not have performed with Stevie. He was notoriously quite shy.
I agree. What was he going to do? Play the synthesizer on Stand Back? This is just how she reminisces.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:47 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Yes - and that wasn't exactly a golden afternoon together. She got wasted and he had to "nearly drag [her] up the stairs" to sleep it off.
I wonder if All Over You was the song they worked on? I'm guessing it was.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:54 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Funny story: She was at an outdoor show in Brooklyn. The other roadie asked if I wanted to meet her. I didnít.
Probably a wise life decision...
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-03-2019, 10:22 AM
petep9000's Avatar
petep9000 petep9000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I wonder if All Over You was the song they worked on? I'm guessing it was.
Yes. Another poster who had a contact at Atlantic confirmed that "All Over You" (or, "All Over U" in Prince spelling) was handed over for the Enchanted box set but for whatever reason they decided to not include it, and that is IS Prince.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved