User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
It's mostly just an online thing. The GP doesn't care too much about 70 year olds' drama, even though the fact that they're 70 makes it even more ridiculous. And not to mention that Stevie Nicks in particular is one of those celebs that has a lot of fans who are kinda cultish and basically refuse to even consider the possibility that she is a human with flaws and not a divine witchy goddess.
and Yet LINDSAY's diehard fans think he can do no wrong....pathetic if you ask me...
Old 10-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahafan02 View Post
and Yet LINDSAY's diehard fans think he can do no wrong....pathetic if you ask me...
Whatever you think Lindsey's diehard fans think or don't think, it's not really the same situation because he doesn't have the same type of fanbase that Stevie does. She's got a cult that dress like her and have tattoos of her and host Night of 100 Stevie's etc etc. He doesn't have fans like that.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Make no mistake about it. Your hero DESTROYED Fleetwood Mac. That is a FACT.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They are all human beings with flaws. Let's leave it at that.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
They are all human beings with flaws. Let's leave it at that.
singertobe, are you still going to Mick's Meet and Greet? If so, have you given any thought to what you might say to him? This is a sincere question, btw- I'm not expecting you to ask him anything about Lindsey's firing or the lawsuit. Just wondering if you've given it any thought.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Make no mistake about it. Your hero DESTROYED Fleetwood Mac. That is a FACT.
Stevie is not my "hero". I don't see my favorite bands/singers in such a manner. I'm not part of the small cult that acts like her or dresses like her. I know she's not innocent and certainly not an angel but to point fingers without being in the room when these discussions amongst the band members took place is insane. Lindsey is not known for his "kindness"...two sides to every story as cliched as that sounds but it's true. They have been fighting since the 70's and at their advanced age, they are never going to stop. It's a shame.

It's always like this when Lindsey walks away (or is fired). Some will point at Stevie, some will point at Lindsey. It's friggin' both of them folks. They both act like hurt lovers even after all these years.

Last edited by ahafan02; 10-14-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Old 10-13-2018, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie is not my "hero". I don't see my favorite bands/singers in such a manner. I'm not part of the small cult that acts like her or dresses like her. I know she's not innocent and certainly not an angel but to point fingers without being in the room when these discussions amongst the band members took place is insane. Lindsay is not known for his "kindness"...two sides to every story as cliched as that sounds but it's true. They have been fighting since the 70's and at their advanced age, they are never going to stop. It's a shame.

It's always like this when Lindsay walks away (or is fired). Some will point at Stevie, some will point at Lindsay. It's friggin' both of them folks. They both act like hurt lovers even after all these years.
Who's Lindsay?

Old 10-13-2018, 11:16 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Who's Lindsay?
I thought ahafan02 wrote a very reasonable post, but it's too bad you ignored it to just focus on the spelling of "Lindsay." My tablet constantly changes my spelling of Lindsey to Library for some insane reason, but I almost always catch it now. Very weird, but I suspect if I wrote Lindsay, it wouldn't change it to Library.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
singertobe, are you still going to Mick's Meet and Greet? If so, have you given any thought to what you might say to him? This is a sincere question, btw- I'm not expecting you to ask him anything about Lindsey's firing or the lawsuit. Just wondering if you've given it any thought.
Other than how's Hawaii, what can you possibly ask Mick? How's the bank account doing?? Is Lindsey draining your bank account? Wreck the Porsche lately? How's the restaurant doing?? I have the feeling that the lawsuit question is like kryptonite to the band.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow so Lindsay is to be believed 100% but a woman, Stevie Nicks MUST be lying...jeez people, Lindsay is a girlfriend/wife beater but hey he's a man, so he must be telling the truth....
Lol Okay, there are several things wrong with this statement.

First off, Stevie enabled this behavior. She has been back in the band alongside him now for 2 decades and she just now reached her breaking point? We have had proof in the pudding that hes been getting on her nerves since the Destiny Rules doc and the SYW tour, it was incredibly obvious and apparent. If he was such an issue, why wait 20 years? Behavior like his past behavior doesnt spring up out of nowhere. If it was such a big deal, why didnt she leave the band or fire him then? Its telling why this is all happening now; her emotional anchors are gone. Her mom, her dad, Tom....all gone. She has no one to keep her grounded.

Secondly, everyone here knows Lindsey used to have serious issues with his anger and temper so no one is pretending any different. The issue here is how it was handled. What Lindsey said is true, the band is admired for the music, their talent AND the fact they rise above their issues to make timeless beautiful music. This taints that no matter the reality.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Other than how's Hawaii, what can you possibly ask Mick? How's the bank account doing?? Is Lindsey draining your bank account? Wreck the Porsche lately? How's the restaurant doing?? I have the feeling that the lawsuit question is like kryptonite to the band.
Well, since you asked

1) Any chance of adding As Long As You Follow to the set list? Was the song even considered or did it come close to making the final list?

2) Some fans really enjoyed Behind the Mask- is there any interest on his or the band's part in releasing a Deluxe Edition?

3) How about a Deluxe Edition of The Dance? Or any other FM albums? How about a remastered Fleetwood Mac Live release?

4) Will they be filming any dates on this tour for possible release on dvd/blu-ray?

5) How's Billy Burnette doing since his recent heart surgery?

I've never been one to hang out around the venue or tour bus (or in FM's case, I'm sure, limo) or hotel to try to talk to someone or get an autograph, and that's not a slur on anyone who does like to do that. My brother does it all the time when he sees someone in concert, and then usually complains afterward about the encounter LOL! But in the case of a meet and greet, which sounds more organized and formal, that sounds like the perfect opportunity to ask these kinds of questions.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who's Lindsay?
Mistake. My nieces spelling is the other way and I always screw it up.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, since you asked

1) Any chance of adding As Long As You Follow to the set list? Was the song even considered or did it come close to making the final list?

2) Some fans really enjoyed Behind the Mask- is there any interest on his or the band's part in releasing a Deluxe Edition?

3) How about a Deluxe Edition of The Dance? Or any other FM albums? How about a remastered Fleetwood Mac Live release?

4) Will they be filming any dates on this tour for possible release on dvd/blu-ray?

5) How's Billy Burnette doing since his recent heart surgery?

I've never been one to hang out around the venue or tour bus (or in FM's case, I'm sure, limo) or hotel to try to talk to someone or get an autograph, and that's not a slur on anyone who does like to do that. My brother does it all the time when he sees someone in concert, and then usually complains afterward about the encounter LOL! But in the case of a meet and greet, which sounds more organized and formal, that sounds like the perfect opportunity to ask these kinds of questions.
I agree with all 5 of those. It's really pointless to be snarky to band members. What's done is done. If they ever reform, it won't be because of any of us or our thoughts and opinions. Until or if that day ever arrives, might as well milk the band for all its worth and give us the goods. lol
Old 10-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Wow so Lindsay is to be believed 100% but a woman, Stevie Nicks MUST be lying...jeez people, Lindsay is a girlfriend/wife beater but hey he's a man, so he must be telling the truth....
Yes. See how that works?
Old 10-14-2018, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who's Lindsay?

Oh I misspelled his name...send me to grammar jail...