User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOfTheNight View Post
OR we could be adults and not try to ruin the show for other concert goers. I guess we don't all have jobs and lives outside of this band.
this always kills me when people say something ridiculous like this.

people take ten or fifteen minutes out of their day to pop in here. they let off some steam/distract themselves from their daily grind/kill some time or whatever making whatever comments they might make in here, and other people who, I guess have no ability to distinguish between the real life they bang on about and virtual space i.e. a fan board, take everything everyone says as totally literal.

It just highlights their own need to be smug and superior and judgmental.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this always kills me when people say something ridiculous like this.

people take ten or fifteen minutes out of their day to pop in here. they let off some steam/distract themselves from their daily grind/kill some time or whatever making whatever comments they might make in here, and other people who, I guess have no ability to distinguish between the real life they bang on about and virtual space i.e. a fan board, take everything everyone says as totally literal.

It just highlights their own need to be smug and superior and judgmental.
So you're saying **** em? Are we on the same page?
Old 09-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps folks at the upcoming Lindsey concerts will yell for Neil Finn ...
Old 09-16-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
You wish......

90% of Americans know zero to nothing about him, with the remaining 10% knowing DDIO only at best....

You will not be finding people in this FM tour going to see Neil Finn as he's their new favourite FM band member, Mike yes but not Neil......perhaps with exception of you.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sure, spend $450 to get within earshot to let them know what you think about what they did to Lindsey. That’ll show ‘em. Total egg on THEIR face.

I’m sure that they’ll be all sad and crying about people saying mean things about them while they’re counting bags of money worth more than many/most make in a lifetime.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-17-2018, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Don't forget to pour wine on your burning Nikes while shouting for Lindsey.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As much as I hate what has happened to my all time favorite band in my opinion it’s extremely rude to shout out Lindsey’s name at a show. The people at theses shows paid good money to see this incarnation of the band to perform and they should enjoy the experience. I guess because the MAC does have some younger fans this will probably happen.

I guess my feeling is that if you feel so strongly about what happened, perhaps show your support by not attending? It's not Neil or Mikes fault what happened and imagine how you would feel in that situation. Just stay home and watch the dance on DVD.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

It might make more sense to go to one of Lindsey's concerts and yell support for Lindsey? I'd rather have Lindsey back than the current line-up but I'm not sure yelling Lindsey's name at the band would yield a positive response. I guess it's up to everyone to decide for themselves but I can't imagine the band or people that are there to watch a show would appreciate it. Maybe don't go and the ticket sales will reflect people's opinions?
Old 09-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Best form of protest is to not give any $ to the farce. And spend on Lindsey album, show, etc.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
It's not Neil or Mikes fault what happened and imagine how you would feel in that situation.
They were informed and they are adults. Everyone in this band deserves whatever reaction their audiences will have.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
They were informed and they are adults. Everyone in this band deserves whatever reaction their audiences will have.
I am sure they are anticipating it all. The PR they’ve done (or not done around this tour is telling). Curious is see what the reception is like in Vegas later this week. Honestly, as a collective unit, I am not sure FM cares. I do tend to think given how Christine, Stevie and even Mick always speak retrospectively, or years later will reflect on situations they’ve endured together, in the quiet of their minds the reputational damage could be weighing on them. Hope time is on their side, and at least they can mend fences down the road. It’s actually a sad state of affairs and will be the footnote On the legacy of this group. None of them should be extraordinarily proud of themselves
Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If anyone here really think we're gonna spend money on Fakewood Mac instead of Lindsey....

Pure wishful thinking, that's all.

They clearly don't care what fans think, so of course they're not gonna do anything if some fans start screaming for Lindsey.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Maybe if Lindsey replaces Neil Finn on an upcoming “Crowded House” tour....oh wait
Old 09-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mh, one thing I know for sure, I will not see FM if they come to Germany. This bandruin will not get my money, my time or my enthusiasm. Nope.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As much as I hate what has happened to my all time favorite band in my opinion it’s extremely rude to shout out Lindsey’s name at a show. The people at theses shows paid good money to see this incarnation of the band to perform and they should enjoy the experience. I guess because the MAC does have some younger fans this will probably happen.
I agree but these people don't care... Never mind that Campbell and Finn are real people too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Don't forget to pour wine on your burning Nikes while shouting for Lindsey.
Yes!

Crybabies.