The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone else wonder how Carol Ann Harris is thinking of all this. The Mac she described in her book seem so different to the Mac of today.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Yep, Petty Stevie & the Heartbreakers are playing 20,000 seats--only problem is half the seats are empty.
Huh? The shows thus far have been close to sell outs.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey quit the band and they only played Go Your Own Way. He gets fired and they are playing Monday Morning, Second Hand News, and Go Your Own Way. If these songs are so vital to FM Legacy, why would they fire him. Clearly they feel a need to perform these songs.
I think the band (or it's management's) play was that they could pull the old switcheroo (Lindsey for Neil Finn) and no one would notice or care. Look at the way Neil is cavorting around the stage during GYOW just like Lindsey (with more spinning, granted..).

Also they're currently trying to spruik the Best Of 50 Years package, and most of the male lead vocal songs on that are Lindsey's.

The talk about this lineup being a whole new thing and each new member bringing something new is probably just Mick and the management trying to convince Neil that he hasn't been hired simply as a used car salesman.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Nope and the next few shows only get worse.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think the band (or it's management's) play was that they could pull the old switcheroo (Lindsey for Neil Finn) and no one would notice or care. Look at the way Neil is cavorting around the stage during GYOW just like Lindsey (with more spinning, granted..).

Also they're currently trying to spruik the Best Of 50 Years package, and most of the male lead vocal songs on that are Lindsey's.

The talk about this lineup being a whole new thing and each new member bringing something new is probably just Mick and the management trying to convince Neil that he hasn't been hired simply as a used car salesman.
So true!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This quote from tambourine witch gets me the most mad: "We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until next November,” Nicks told Rolling Stone in April. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.” WHAT A LIAR Before it was "i had to tell them we can only tour every 3 years" SHE LIES and LIES SOME MORE And by the way they do have things to do, unlike YOU stevie they have families and a LIFE.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
DUDE. The internet. Ticketmaster. It's a real thing. Try it. You can see the empty seats.

And by the way...it's already been documented that staff is walking around venues and giving free upgrades to floor seats in order to fill out the floor.

Additionally venues and live nation will literally give tickets away in any way possible in order to fill seats at the last minute.

Do your homework first.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
DUDE. The internet. Ticketmaster. It's a real thing. Try it. You can see the empty seats.

And by the way...it's already been documented that staff is walking around venues and giving free upgrades to floor seats in order to fill out the floor.

Additionally venues and live nation will literally give tickets away in any way possible in order to fill seats at the last minute.

Do your homework first.
Sugar Mick hears what she wants to hear.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This quote from tambourine witch gets me the most mad: "We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until next November,” Nicks told Rolling Stone in April. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.” WHAT A LIAR Before it was "i had to tell them we can only tour every 3 years" SHE LIES and LIES SOME MORE And by the way they do have things to do, unlike YOU stevie they have families and a LIFE.
Here's the thing about the whole timeline which enrages me and has since that piss poor interview. She never EVER said November 2019. She said "next" November, which to most normal functioning American English speakers would imply November 2019. But in the most technical use of the words, the 'next' November would be 2018, which would jive with what Lindsey is saying. (For any Seinfeld fans...you likely remember this line of Jerry's about the 'next Wednesday.')

She purposely worded it that way to leave it ambiguous and open for interpretation. And everyone, including the interviewers and others, jumped on the "OMG dude wanted to wait like another 15 months to tour - they're too old to wait that long!" When in reality, they started their tour approximately one month ahead of when Lindsey wanted to start it.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I will say, so much of this does smack of a media/publicity stunt.
1. Fleetwood Mac gets a station dedicated to them XM Sirius ahead of Musicares tribute
2. Station launch is delayed
3. Rumours line up breaks up after a feud at Musicares, where they were the first band ever granted the honor. Stevie can never be on stage with Lindsey again but the story we will go with is scheduling conflict
4. Tugging at the heartstrings of TPH fans all over the world, Stevie hires her deceased best buddies wingman to replace her former lover, the man who wouldn’t join the band without her
5. CBS interview. Disaster and leaks left and right the band is lying.
6. Band walks away from initial story behind why they broke up. It’s not a scheduling conflict
7. Rumors that Christine briefly quit but Mick talked her into staying
8. Announce a N American tour
9. Lindsey releases Anthology and Tour
10. Stevie goes back on AHS
11. Stevie is nominated for RRHoF as a solo artist...she probably gets in.
12. Lindsey tells his side to Rolling Stone. I am sure Stevie will tell hers
13. Lindsey alludes to new music in 2019 (solo)

It could be very poetic. Stevie gets into the Hall of Fame next year. Starts saying nice things about LB in the press. With the tail end of the current FM tour next year, along with a lot of hype that Stevie is the only woman to get inducted as part of a band and a solo artist. Lindsey is in the road with new music. At some point, benefiting from all of the positive press they are all getting, Stevie and Lindsey sit down and re air all of their grievances with each other, clear the air, landslide and lovey dovey, sloppy datey Sara hugs and FM announces a 2020 “Farewell Tour”. Assuming no one is pushing up daisies
Now I am not saying this will happen....I am just saying a scenario like this is par for the course for this crew

So THIS probably won't happen now
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Attributing primary blame to Christine makes no sense whatsoever. Granted, her “radio silence” to Buckingham is beyond disappointing, but she neither has the leverage or the motive to lead the charge for his being fired. This was totally a Stevie-Mick thing. We all know this.

But I’m right there with you on the 2020 Mac reunion. They’ll want to capitalize on the reunion of the Rumours lineup again...
——Especially in light of the lawsuit, yes, pointing fingers to Christine McVie might seem unreasonable, and I'm glad you questioned it, but it's sort of also an Occam's Razor suggestion...or at least a "wait, why isn't this person ever mentioned?———

1. She was gone for a long time and just came back in the last few years (as in, her income in the last 16 years was what, residuals and investments?)

2. She was with Fleetwood/McVie through, what, technically 5 of the various members who left over the years before Buckingham and Nicks, and was with them through another bunch of revolving members? If her feelings aren't given the same weight as Mick Fleetwood's then perhaps she's as "toxic" as he is and people believe Nicks to be. This "rhythm section" (she's referred to herself as that) has appeared to chew up and spit out guitar players, before and after Nicks.

3. She supposedly almost quit again, disappeared, was in England, people couldn't get a hold of her, Buckingham refers to her supposed "fragility", and in the CBS interview she was the most clearly disturbed (looking away, wringing her hands)—an interpretation of that could go either way. I just think it's strange that NO ONE BELIEVES SHE'D HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Those were my main reasons for advancing McVie's possible part in this, especially because I've read dozens of comments that leave her out of the equation entirely. Not to mention that Nicks and McVie have discussed their shared experiences together over the years and maybe the two of them wanted that again (esp since McVie went out on the road with Buckingham alone)...

And while she's not playing a single C. McVie composition from before 1975 (and a hell of a lot of Tango) there are too many old FM songs in the setlist for this decision to be entirely Stevie Nicks' doing. Yes, Buckingham and McVie made the legend, but the majority of the hits since 1975 are Christine McVie (only As Long As You Follow not going top 40, and like all but 2 are top 20)...how does she not have a say? This wouldn't even be happening without her return. The 2.5 hour Buckingham/Nicks spar-a-thon was getting awfully stale and no one would be having this convo if she hadn't returned. I really believe that above all else.

If everyone really has this 20%/shared agreement he's claiming in the lawsuit then she certainly does have a say. But which is it? That asses in seats can be proven (Nicks upgraded to stadiums as a solo act with the addition of The Pretenders), that Nicks' people call the shots because she makes the most money for the most people? One thing we do know is that Fleetwood is going where the money is. He's always come across as a "Big Daddy"/a psychopath, But Christine McVie is not innocent. And all I can say about John McVie is that if he hadn't almost died of cancer he'd probably be another person to ask a question or two about. Gone fishin' whenever he's been able to over the years, mostly opening his mouth to complain that Buckingham's stripping down his bass parts or costing him money in the studio...

Hell, it was Nicks who noted, shortly after meeting Fleetwood, "beware of the people/who look not straight at you/the keeper of the time is blind"... I just think there's waaay too much speculation about the Nicks/Buckingham angle and I think it's reasonable to assume there's more to this.

OH AND STORMS—that list is AMAZING!!! YES!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Here's the thing about the whole timeline which enrages me and has since that piss poor interview. She never EVER said November 2019. She said "next" November, which to most normal functioning American English speakers would imply November 2019. But in the most technical use of the words, the 'next' November would be 2018, which would jive with what Lindsey is saying. (For any Seinfeld fans...you likely remember this line of Jerry's about the 'next Wednesday.')

She purposely worded it that way to leave it ambiguous and open for interpretation. And everyone, including the interviewers and others, jumped on the "OMG dude wanted to wait like another 15 months to tour - they're too old to wait that long!" When in reality, they started their tour approximately one month ahead of when Lindsey wanted to start it.
Didn't she say two years in another interview?
Old 10-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sugar Mick hears what she wants to hear.
if you check the sections for the next show 100plus seats are available in MANY sections. If Lindsey would have been there this would have not happened. Lindsey may not sell a ton of tickets solo, but as a part of FM he puts people in those seats.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the article in Variety:

So why did Buckingham get forced out? Loeb & Loeb evidently decided the lawsuit was not the place to go there, even as they attempt to methodically knock down all the official explanations that Nicks, Fleetwood and the two McVies have offered up in interviews.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Didn't she say two years in another interview?
I can’t recall but it’s likely especially considering she’s really into believing her own lies.