Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Audience Videos From Music Cares Event Tell A Story

As evidenced by prior posts, I've never been one to blindly defend Stevie Nicks. However, there are several amateur shot audience videos from Music Cares that show the entire band making fun of Stevie behind her back as she gives a never-ending acceptance speech (even in the minutes leading up to the "Mick and Chris Waltz").

For example, fast foward this video to the 4:25 minute mark and watch for about 20 seconds. It clearly shows the entire band laughing at Stevie, even Christine McVie begins checking her watch. These actions lead up to Mick and Chris waltzing to lampoon Stevie's speech. All of this behavior is carried on in front of an audience of thousands--including the national press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM_Wonk4CNM

My problem with this is that:

1) Lindsey does not appear to be the ONLY one smirking at Stevie's behavior behind her back--why should ONLY HE be chastised?

2) The truth is, these people obviously have very little respect for Stevie. Sure, I know the woman can talk forever, but they could at least cut out their s**t for a national audience. What a clown outfit. I'm supposed to shell out $600 a tour for this crap? No thanks. #toxicbehavior

As for smirking, “The irony is that we have this standing joke that Stevie, when she talks, goes on a long time,” Buckingham says. “I may or may not have smirked (you did). But I look over and Christine and Mick are doing the waltz behind her as a joke.” --Lindsey Buckingham/Rolling Stone

Last edited by WatchChain; 10-10-2018 at 07:35 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As evidenced by prior posts, I've never been one to blindly defend Stevie Nicks. However, there are several amateur shot audience videos from Music Cares that show the entire band making fun of Stevie behind her back as she gives a never-ending acceptance speech (even in the minutes leading up to the "Mick and Chris Waltz").

For example, fast foward this video to the 4:25 minute mark and watch for about 20 seconds. It clearly shows the entire band laughing at Stevie, even Christine McVie begins checking her watch. These actions lead up to Mick and Chris waltzing to lampoon Stevie's speech. All of this behavior is carried on in front of an audience of thousands--including the national press.

1) Lindsey does not appear to be the ONLY one smirking at Stevie's behavior behind her back--why should ONLY HE be chastised?

2) The truth is, these people obviously have very little respect for Stevie. Sure, I know the woman can talk forever, but they could at least cut out their s**t for a national audience. What a clown outfit. I'm supposed to shell out $600 a tour for this crap? No thanks. #toxicbehavior

As for smirking, “The irony is that we have this standing joke that Stevie, when she talks, goes on a long time,” Buckingham says. “I may or may not have smirked (you did). But I look over and Christine and Mick are doing the waltz behind her as a joke.” --Lindsey Buckingham/Rolling Stone
Because he's the only one $he HATE$.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bill Clinton reunited them, and was there at the moment of the break up. Damn you Bill
Old 10-10-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

Thanks for posting this and highlighting the pettiness.

If you are splitting hairs, Chris and Mick are clearly more guilty of 'smirking' with their dance if thats how you pathetic you choose to look at all...but Lindsey gets the blame for that and thinking playing a song (Rhiannon) before you go out on stage is a bad idea
Old 10-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL i knew it!, i posted my take on LB's firing months ago re: musicares event and what went on behind Stevie's back while making her long winded speech mainly about Tom & the Heartbreakers.. My post was ignored, bar one who said it was just silly FAN FICTION..
Old 10-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really still maintain my belief that, had the woman gone ahead and had that baby, and by necessity had to have grown up in the process by the mere fact of having to put someone before her own darn spoiled self from then on, she might have turned out a tolerable human being.
Now, Oh my word. What a sad caricature of a creature in every sense of the word. It just goes to show one about choices.

MOO

Sas

Old 10-10-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

I really still maintain my belief that, had the woman gone ahead and had that baby, and by necessity had to have grown up in the process by the mere fact of having to put someone before her own darn spoiled self from then on, she might have turned out a tolerable human being.
Now, Oh my word. What a sad caricature of a creature in every sense of the word. It just goes to show one about choices.

MOO

Sas
Wow, I actually agree with this. $he has no family AND $he's insufferable. And because $he has no other purpose than to gather fame and stay relevant, $he's become worse. And $he feeds a lot of mouths with her touring and FM $$. They must run her pathetic life for her.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, I actually agree with this. $he has no family AND $he's insufferable. And because $he has no other purpose than to gather fame and stay relevant, $he's become worse. And $he feeds a lot of mouths with her touring and FM $$. They must run her pathetic life for her.
This is so spot on. She’s totally insufferable and lacks any anchor in life other than holding on to her fame. That Lindsey has these things and doesn’t need to carry grudges about a relationship that ended over forty years ago must kill her.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While I'm sure we'd all love to have her bank account,...

Would you trade places with her? Having her pathetic LITTLE life? I wouldn't. Poor old thing truly must be miserable.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't Lindsey say himself in that interview it's just a joke amongst them when she rambles? On the last tour during her self-indulgent speeches, Christine had an actual whistle, John would literally walk offstage, Mick and Lindsey would fiddle around with his drum kit etc etc. I don't think it's "toxic behavior" or a sign of disrespect or anything, it's clearly something they all just do with some humor because she literally talks for 50 years and what are they supposed to do-- stand there while she rambles for ages about herself and how amazing she is? I can understand if she got a bit annoyed at it at the MusiCares event because it was a different context but to get picky with one particular person when he wasn't even the worst offender is just childish. But then again Stevie seems to be a very childish person.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
While I'm sure we'd all love to have her bank account,...

Would you trade places with her? Having her pathetic LITTLE life? I wouldn't. Poor old thing truly must be miserable.
At this point is clear she should buy a permanent residence in the loony bin closest to her home, and bring along those 3 fans she still has here.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SO SPOT ON!!! Her only purpose in her little pathetic life is gobbling up as much fame as she can, even if she has to take Lindsey's as well. UGH
Old 10-11-2018, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
At this point is clear she should buy a permanent residence in the loony bin closest to her home, and bring along those 3 fans she still has here.
Well I think we know who her most compatible roommate would likely be.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well I think we know who her most compatible roommate would likely be.
Can I buy a vowel?
Oh wait, all consonants.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Can I buy a vowel?
Oh wait, all consonants.
Last time I checked, G was a consonant.