User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I haven't bought a ticket yet, I'm hesitant to go alone. And it's Thanksgiving weekend when he's in Ohio, making it even more difficult.
why? plus, i'll be there, you won't be alone! i'm going for Thanksgiving some place else, than driving back home to DC, then driving 4-5 hours to Ohio on Monday. #noexcuse

View this post on Instagram

Today Lindsey in answer to a fans question confirmed publicly that despite reaching out to Mick, Christine, and Stevie, countless times, he has so far been met with radio silence. So after 43yrs and everything he's done for him, not one of them could be bothered to return his call in eight months. Mick, Stevie Nicks, and Christine McVie should be ashamed of themselves. And how can anyone with an ounce of decency buy a ticket for this tour now ? Its no wonder many of the arenas are half empty with more and more tickets being dumped on resale. If Stevie Nicks has any sense (and famously she's not the sharpest tack in the box) then she'll leave the sinking ship before her solo career goes the same way. @mickfleetwoodofficial @stevienicks @christinemcvieofficial @suretonemusic @mikecampbellofficial @neilfinnofficial @anthonymasoncbs @billboard @rollingstone @ultimateclassicrock @variety @tmz_tv #lindseybuckingham #fleetwoodmac #mickfleetwood #christinemcvie #stevienicks #johnmcvie #neilfinn #mikecampbell #istandwithlindsey @kbchrush @istandwithlindsey

A post shared by @ seeds_we_sow on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-14-2018, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're going to the show in Canton? Wow! Are you going by yourself? How many shows are you going to?

I know we've had some not so nice back and forth here on occasion, but if I went, I would love to see you there, if you're up for it. I've seen FM 4 times live, and only one of those times was with someone who loved the band as much as I did. The other times it was with casual friends.

My plan was to wait and see how the weather was, and if it was ok, go up and buy a good ticket from a scalper. I would love to be in the front row. The last concert I was at, I was in the front row, so after that, I'm spoiled. It was the best! I really should just commit to going, Lindsey's not getting any younger, and neither am I! I regretted not seeing Lindsey and Christine, but there was no way to know that might have been the last opportunity to see them. Now I realize every tour from here on out, whether it's Lindsey or FM,could be their last.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I had a ticket to a Fakewood Mac show I would burn it..The remainder of Fleetwood Mac now treating Lindsey like a persona non grata is reprehensible .If it was not for Lindsey they would not be able to be out there milking the last drops from the Rumours teat and fleecing unsuspecting boomers and others with their patchwork quilt show.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:11 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip. Reason: what for?
Old 09-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, thanks Elle for posting this. You do a lot to keep us all informed here on The Ledge.

I guess my first question is why would Lindsey's ex band mates not return his calls? Like they are totally cutting him out of their lives. Was what he did so reprehensible to them that they can't even communicate with him? Yet Lindsey still holds out hope for a BuckVie II. This whole situation has become so bizarre to me. I'm thankful Lindsey is reaching out on IG to the fans. We deserve to know.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I had to wager a guess, I think its safe to say just because shes not responding doesnt mean theres bad blood between them. Perhaps her focus may be getting the tour over with and figuring out the next step and he is optimistic that may mean a project with him in between the Mac tour and whatever they do next.

Stevie and Mick can go eat rocks. For now I will stay optimistic about John and Christine. John is probably too mellow to care what with the ever revolving door of members and everything hes been through the past several years. When it comes to Christine, they will always have that beautiful musical bond and I cant see her as dealing with petty crap anymore. Most likely this was a business or contractual decision, or some long-standing loyalty to Mick, not a personal dig to Lindsey. She always seemed above that. Just look at her and John over the years.

Anyway, thats just my gut feeling.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If I had to wager a guess, I think its safe to say just because shes not responding doesnt mean theres bad blood between them. Perhaps her focus may be getting the tour over with and figuring out the next step and he is optimistic that may mean a project with him in between the Mac tour and whatever they do next.

Stevie and Mick can go eat rocks. For now I will stay optimistic about John and Christine. John is probably too mellow to care what with the ever revolving door of members and everything hes been through the past several years. When it comes to Christine, they will always have that beautiful musical bond and I cant see her as dealing with petty crap anymore. Most likely this was a business or contractual decision, or some long-standing loyalty to Mick, not a personal dig to Lindsey. She always seemed above that. Just look at her and John over the years.

Anyway, thats just my gut feeling.

I hope you're right. If there is anything salvageable from this mess, I'd want it to be Lindsey and Chris.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Christine's probably been instructed not to speak to him. Still, a honorable woman would do so anyway, or at the very least acknowledge him. It's so insulting and hurtful to completely ignore him.

So disappointing. I'm not surprised, though. I was not among those who thought Christine was on Lindsey's side in any meaningful way; she may not have been in on the decision, but she's committed to the "new band" now. Also, she might be ashamed to talk to Lindsey, because she obviously has no intention of advocating for him within the band.

Perhaps Lindsey hopes that after FM is over and Christine has nothing to do / nothing to lose by talking to him, they'll collaborate again.

It is rather interesting that he didn't call John. It seems John has no power and no desire to go against Mick, so I guess it would be a waste of time, but I'm surprised he didn't give it a shot anyway. Maybe he doesn't have John's number!

Old 09-14-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact he reached out to them at all makes me think there are no “legal” ramifications involved here and it’s egos plain and simple. Every time some other little tid bit trickles out, my heart breaks all over again. Disgust
Old 09-14-2018, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The fact he reached out to them at all makes me think there are no “legal” ramifications involved here and it’s egos plain and simple. Every time some other little tid bit trickles out, my heart breaks all over again. Disgust

I know. I know. I know.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
if I went, I would love to see you there, if you're up for it. I've seen FM 4 times live, and only one of those times was with someone who loved the band as much as I did. The other times it was with casual friends.
in my experience, it is 1000 times better to meet up with huge fans than try to drag with you some person who doesn't really care. i've done both, and i have had tons of fun every time when i just met up with huge fans, who i don't have to shepherd and make sure they have good time. i'm meeting with some dear friends at the Canton show who are huge LB fans. i also told SteveMacD that we HAVE to meet up at this show, since he's coming too. so of course you should join us at the venue! don't miss it, i bet you won't regret it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Literally. Every time I feel there's still some hope, some new tidbit pops up and bam!

Now I only wish he would stop trying to contact them. Because, yes, no more of that nonsense in his life.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If I had to wager a guess, I think its safe to say just because shes not responding doesnt mean theres bad blood between them.
she's gone out of her way to say on tv, in their first interview post-firing that she knew nothing about it, that she went back to London not seeing anything being wrong and that she assumed the upcoming FM tour will be with LB, until she got the call once she was back in London. then she said Mick explained to her why they need to go this way, and now she understands. whatever that means.

why she's not saying anything or taking Lindsey's calls? idk, there are any number of guesses and people have been bringing them up. if i were her, i'd hope i would. there are some people in their 70s and 80s in my life who i knew when they were young. their thinking and priorities might be a bit different than when they were younger.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It is rather interesting that he didn't call John. It seems John has no power and no desire to go against Mick, so I guess it would be a waste of time, but I'm surprised he didn't give it a shot anyway. Maybe he doesn't have John's number!
maybe?

to be factual - we don't know whether he didn't call John, or if John and LB are talking. they are neighbors, after all. and on tours, John and LB usually stayed the same places, away from the rest of the band.

then again, in that one IG comment, KB added "and you too, John" after she first listed all other members. maybe John is just hard to reach!

Old 09-14-2018, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interestingly, he doesn't mention that he contacted John. it is unclear whether that's because he's actually talking to John, or he didn't even try to contact him for some reason (like John never talks to anyone anyway! ).

yes, he responded (today) that he loved working with Christine and would love to do another BuckVie album - or something like that. i'll try to look for that caption.

that kinda weirdly collides with Christine not answering his calls (and we know she's not been mad at him since she stated that she knew nothing about firing).
the John bit jumped out to me too.

Maybe John is being Switzerland and staying neutral....although the fact that Mick said he and Stevie worked on him to convince him they could go on leaves him with dirty hands in this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the John bit jumped out to me too.

Maybe John is being Switzerland and staying neutral....although the fact that Mick said he and Stevie worked on him to convince him they could go on leaves him with dirty hands in this.
i should re-listen that RS interview, but i just so don't feel like it. Mick may have said "we" or may have said that just he had to talk to John for few days to convince him. John is no-nonsense, somehow i don't think SN trying to convince him in anything would help.