Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default R.I.P. Dixie Carter

http://perezhilton.com/2010-04-11-rip-370

So sad.

Designing Women star Dixie Carter passed away on Saturday morning at the age of 70.

The cause of Dixie's death has yet to be revealed, but Carter's husband, actor Hal Holbrook has asked for the public to respect the family's privacy during this difficult time.

"This has been a terrible blow to our family," said Holbrook in a statement. "We would appreciate everyone understanding that this is a private family tragedy."

Truly devastating.

She will be missed!
Old 04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no I used to watch that show all the time when it aired on Lifetime a few years ago.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

This is sad. I've had the pleasure to work with Hal on multiple occasions. Aside from being incredibly kind & articulate, he made frequent mention of Dixie- it was clear he truly admired her. When I saw the news last night, I feared just how crushed he must be.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
This is sad. I've had the pleasure to work with Hal on multiple occasions. Aside from being incredibly kind & articulate, he made frequent mention of Dixie- it was clear he truly admired her. When I saw the news last night, I feared just how crushed he must be.
Yeah I feel real bad for him too. To be honest I haven't seen him in too many movies but whatever I've seen him he's been awesome - "Creepshow" being just one of many examples. It just seems like he's "always been around" and he's always struck me as being a class act.

I feel kinda bad for Delta Burke and Annie Potts and the rest of the cast too -
I have the impression that it was one of those TV situations where they always
remain friends or at least stay in touch after the show ends, like the cast of "Facts
of Life" or something.

By the way Delta Burke and her husband
fell in love on the set of "Designing Women."
So there's something positive, there.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is so sad! I was literally speechless as the news broke on Saturday. She will be truly missed.

This is a really beautiful statement from Annie Potts regarding the passing of Dixie:
Quote:
Dixie Carter was a goddess. Beautiful and brainy, smart and funny, prim and sexy, wickedly talented and divinely sweet. The kind of wife and mother that every mother hopes their daughter will become, and the kind of friend that is absolutely irreplaceable. She loved fiercely and was adored in return. To have known her a little was a delight to all. To have known her well, a treasure beyond reckoning. And now, a loss beyond measure.