User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Common sense tells me he never would've filed a law suit if he did something so terrible that he knows he was justifiably fired by the band. According to him they were all getting along well, even right through MusiCares. He was totally blindsided by the news he was being fired. Hell, he even thought it was Stevie leaving the band! He got a list of grievances from Stevie why she never wanted to be on stage with him again. Two cited were "the smirk" and him complaining about playing "Rhiannon" as an entrance song. Okay, is there more? I certainly hope so for FM's sake, because this band has been through a whole lot more traumatic experiences than that. There's been a lot worse happen in the band than that and Lindsey was never fired then.
Well said. I agree totally. Lindsey has been known to be an ass. It is well documented. Ken wrote on Facebook yesterday I believe that Lindsey was the most controlling person he ever knew. So for Lindsey to go forward with a lawsuit, he has to feel very confident. In the end, everyone has to go with their gut feeling. And some common sense.

I love Stevie, I have since 1975, I've read all the books and articles that talk about Lindsey's issues, but my gut tells me he was wronged. I hate all the bashing, and I hope someone on FM's team lets them know how torn up all the fans are over this. But it's obvious they still live in their bubble after all these years.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Much as I would have liked to derive a delicious pleasure in hearing the sordid details of their relationship directly from them and under oath (and not through disgruntled ex-girlfriends, disaffected former employees, former band members, etc. who can hardly be described as disinterested--you will never catch me reading any of their tell-all tomfoolery), I agree with most of the posters above that they will settle out of court with a strict confidentiality clause. Lindsey I guess has all his ducks in a row, since he has had lots of time to prepare, but the rest? I highly doubt Mick Fleetwood for instance would want the IRS and his innumerable creditors to see his actual net worth. They'll settle. Alas! After the trouble they've caused the fan base, a little discomfort and embarrassment on their part would have been wonderful to behold.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
We should cut gldstwmn some slack:
it must be a struggle to come up with coherent, logical posts when one's trying to meet a self-imposed quota of 500 posts per month.

I hereby nominate you for Post Of The Week.