The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

haha and talking about #hatersgonnahate - just looked through the rest of the messages in this thread. don't y'all have some fakewood tour to enjoy and be "positive" about?

regardless of your wishes, Lindsey's solo tour has been selling out really quickly in most places this time around. way quicker than his previous tours in similar venues.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
haha and talking about #hatersgonnahate - just looked through the rest of the messages in this thread. don't y'all have some fakewood tour to enjoy and be "positive" about?

regardless of your wishes, Lindsey's solo tour has been selling out really quickly in most places this time around. way quicker than his previous tours in similar venues.
Haha! Yeah, all those comments about how "cute it was" and how "they were allowed to be there" and how "Lindsey should quit" are so love-oriented really. And I'm fascinated by those posters here that were so angry about the lack of positivism toward Fakewood tour but don't seem to care about the Lindsey bashing here.

He's fine, we're fine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Haha! Yeah, all those comments about how "cute it was" and how "they were allowed to be there" and how "Lindsey should quit" are so love-oriented really. And I'm fascinated by those posters here that were so angry about the lack of positivism toward Fakewood tour but don't seem to care about the Lindsey bashing here.

He's fine, we're fine.
The first two comments were directed at the people passing out the flyers, not to or about Lindsey himself. Mitzo was the only one who actually wrote something negative about Lindsey. Yes, it would be nice if the fans showed their support for the band or individual members in a more positive light. All the fans, not just Mitzo. You followed up your criticism of Mitzo by saying Fakewood so I mean, why bother to criticize someone for making fun of Lindsey when you're making fun of FM? I know, I know, someone else probably started it first...
Old 10-04-2018, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Fakewood so I mean, why bother to criticize someone for making fun of Lindsey when you're making fun of FM? .
hey!! Fakewood is now an officially accepted term for the band after appearing as a headline in Chicagoi Tribune!

and people say we are wasting our time.......................

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-04-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The first two comments were directed at the people passing out the flyers, not to or about Lindsey himself. Mitzo was the only one who actually wrote something negative about Lindsey. Yes, it would be nice if the fans showed their support for the band or individual members in a more positive light. All the fans, not just Mitzo. You followed up your criticism of Mitzo by saying Fakewood so I mean, why bother to criticize someone for making fun of Lindsey when you're making fun of FM? I know, I know, someone else probably started it first...
I never cared about criticism towards Lindsey. I laugh about it all the time because I know he did nothing wrong. He was the one ousted.

I was also criticizing you, not just Mitzo. You were so upset yesterday about some posters talking about FM opening night but yet you seem ok with Lindsey bashing.

Fakewood Mac exists since 2013. Google it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 10-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

He's fine, we're fine.
Give me a break. You are doing what you accuse Stevie of doing: playing the victim. This thread was started to throw water on the fact that many people are excited about the opening night set list.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never cared about criticism towards Lindsey. I laugh about it all the time because I know he did nothing wrong. He was the one ousted.

I was also criticizing you, not just Mitzo. You were so upset yesterday about some posters talking about FM opening night but yet you seem ok with Lindsey bashing.

Fakewood Mac exists since 2013. Google it.
He past actions contributed to his being fired. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it did not come into play. Otherwise this would not have happened.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Give me a break. You are doing what you accuse Stevie of doing: playing the victim. This thread was started to throw water on the fact that many people are excited about the opening night set list.
you are reading into the thread what's not there. it was started to say exactly what the title say.

what you are reading into this thread speaks about you - or your bias towards some posters (hey this fandom has a wholla lotta hate towards me!), not about the thread. if you are not interested in LB show flyers just move along to whatever are happy threads for you!

Old 10-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He past actions contributed to his being fired. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it did not come into play. Otherwise this would not have happened.
you mean he being Stevie's ex? sure. they are definitely weird and screwed up exes.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you mean he being Stevie's ex? sure. they are definitely weird and screwed up exes.
That’s one past action.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm playing the victim? In what way?

You are excited about opening night. No one else. I probably read 3 mediocre reviews today. Yeah, people are excited.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm playing the victim? In what way?

You are excited about opening night. No one else. I probably read 3 mediocre reviews today. Yeah, people are excited.
Keep telling yourself that! Whatever helps!
Old 10-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If past actions are a reason to fire someone, Stevie should have been fired a long time ago. And we all know that. We all read it in countless books. So, yeah, nice try.

If you want to believe this has nothing to do with sweet Stevie, you're delusional. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it's not true.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that! Whatever helps!
By all means, post all those stellar reviews here. I'll be waiting. Listen, ask those countless fans who're enjoying this cover band for help. You won't be able to do it alone. I'm serious.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If past actions are a reason to fire someone, Stevie should have been fired a long time ago. And we all know that. We all read it in countless books. So, yeah, nice try.

If you want to believe this has nothing to do with sweet Stevie, you're delusional. Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it's not true.
They could have and should have fired her at past points, but they didn’t.

They should have fired Lindsey in 1980 after Australia but didn’t. They did this year though.

Of COURSE Stevie has something to do with it. But so does Lindsey and how he treated her and others and his overall behavior/attitude for 40+ years. That is clear. It all came to a head this year, obviously. But I doubt this would have happened if he had been a sweet, innocent man who got along with everyone the last 40+ years. He played a part too.