User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
What was the event? I’ve seen several clips online but nothing specifies what it was for other than that it was some sort of political or fundraising event.
Local big name environmental attorney Mike Levin (Democratic) campaign for Congress. Event was organized by Cameron Crowe.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why were people from Stevie's entourage there Jamie? if that's their district or something they could have donated the money without being there when the man they so despise is the main act.

Stevie was very clear in that CBS interview that she purged him out of her life so that she could happily dance for the next 10 years. why then have her entourage at this event? kinda sick, no?
I can't speak for her, but maybe Kellianne likes his music, and/or maybe she likes him as a person? Not everybody is necessarily into the team Stevie vs team Lindsey thing. She could very well have her own thoughts despite being close to Stevie.

Jamie
Old 05-12-2018, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It sure sounds like "F*CK Stevie Nicks" to me.

I feel like King of the world right now.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kelliane Murphy worked on the tv show Roadies, which was created by Cameron Crowe. Lindsey guest starred in an episode.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m happy to hear him address it straight on but I actually wish he’d be a little less classy and tell us what happened!

For instance, “factions” in a five member band? What does that even mean? Like Stevie and Mick each had their own agendas? Plot twist.

What was the event? I’ve seen several clips online but nothing specifies what it was for other than that it was some sort of political or fundraising event.
no Stevie and Mick are one faction.

lol you should read some LB groups. we've had all the info there, for weeks now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It was nothing but somebody on the other board was so upset at it. What's happening in this country? We have a two party system split mostly in half, what's the surprise if someone has a different political viewpoint then you? It used to not be so big a deal.
Why would someone be upset?
He’s an educated human being. Of course he has an opinion and a point of view.
I’m so ridiculously exhausted from the never ending drivel from uneducated, low information-Trump supporters.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Why would someone be upset?
He’s an educated human being. Of course he has an opinion and a point of view.
I’m so ridiculously exhausted from the never ending drivel from uneducated, low information-Trump supporters.
I would edit that comment if I were you. Not saying I don't agree with you, but it's going to cause an explosion here and we have enough of that right now.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well said!
Old 05-12-2018, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Yeah, let’s not get into political discussions on this thread, let’s keep it to what he said about Fleetwood Mac. I agree with Lindsey that the legacy is “harmed”, but on the other hand, if what we keep hearing is true about him wanting to postpone the tour another year is true, I’m on the band’s side. John and Christine are like 75, and John, for all we know is still battling cancer, Lindsey should be on board to tour with them while he still can, he’s the youngest, he still has time to do solo stuff if he wants when Fleetwood Mac is done.
Exactly that !!!
Old 05-12-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For instance, “factions” in a five member band? What does that even mean? Like Stevie and Mick each had their own agendas? Plot twist.
I hope that means that Christine told him she was not part of that decision and that he believes her.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I hope that means that Christine told him she was not part of that decision and that he believes her.
That would be my hope as well. It would be great if perhaps the door could be left open for them to continue to collaborate together in between whatever projects the new "Fleetwood Mac" has coming up in the future. Certainly wouldn't mind another BuckVie album, that's for sure.

Great to finally hear Lindsey speak on the issue. Wish he'd been a bit more pointed in his comments, especially considering how Fleetwood Mac has handled the issue publicly, but it is what it is. Hopefully he starts off his first solo show with a fiery rendition of "Wrong".
Old 05-12-2018, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Lindsey's comments are vintage Lindsey: passive-aggressive, cryptic and pretentious. I would have had more respect for him if he'd just spoken honestly, clearly stating that he feels betrayed and no longer has any regard for the band.
Noticeably, he makes no comment about his part in proceedings - i.e. the endless dithering and postponing of the tour, not to mention the more-than-cheeky utilisation of the crew for his projected solo gigs in between Mac shows.
There's nothing "classy" about what he did, particularly to seize the opportunity to discuss the matter at a charity gig. Try crude and embittered.
Did we see the same you tube clip?!!!!
The fact that he almost shut down the **** Stevie Nicks call by saying that it doesn't really matter, is somewhat respectful to SN when he could have laughed/ or made a nasty comment in agreeance / support of those heckled words speaks volumes. He is acting in a dignified way and not stooping to childish behaviour, unlike his selfish and money hungry ex-band mates. He's being the bigger person when he could have been a lot more brutal and cutting.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Kelliane Murphy worked on the tv show Roadies, which was created by Cameron Crowe. Lindsey guest starred in an episode.
I guess I'm not as big a FM fan as others are here... for example, I had no idea who this person "Kelliane" was, or why she would be "spying" on Lindsey Buckingham for Stevie at a public fundraising event. So thanks for posting, fiver. Besides working with Cameron Crowe, maybe, just maybe, she was also a supporter of the candidate whom the fundraiser was for.

Or you could believe the conspiracy theorists posting here, that she spent the evening spying on Lindsey for Stevie
Old 05-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Two things that spoke volumes to me.

1) the word factions....likely means Mick and Stevie vs Chris and LB with John caught in the middle.

2) his not wanting to say anything too negative leaving the door open for reunion. He must think it’s just a phase.