Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For Your Love from Mystery To Me

So I was listening to this yesterday and an actual thought popped into my thick head. I would guess they had to pay whoever wrote the song a royalty, but did they ever play it live, and if so, do they have to pay a royalty then too?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, the band doesn't pay royalties on live performances. The venue pays a flat rate fee to BMI & ASCAP which covers any royalties.

I don't know if they ever did FYL live. Since there aren't any boots circulating from that era, who knows? Wait, Bob Welch would...I'll go ask him.

Graham Gouldman wrote "For Your Love"...he also wrote "Heart Full Of Soul" for the Yardbirds, too; and "Bus Stop" for the Hollies...and was an original member of 10cc.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
No, the band doesn't pay royalties on live performances. The venue pays a flat rate fee to BMI & ASCAP which covers any royalties.

I don't know if they ever did FYL live. Since there aren't any boots circulating from that era, who knows? Wait, Bob Welch would...I'll go ask him.

Graham Gouldman wrote "For Your Love"...he also wrote "Heart Full Of Soul" for the Yardbirds, too; and "Bus Stop" for the Hollies...and was an original member of 10cc.
Thank you Steve. Appreciate it.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More on Graham...

He also wrote "Look Through Any Window" for the Hollies and "No Milk Today" for Herman's Hermits...was an original member of the 60's British invasion band The Mindbenders.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not that it really matters, but...
the member of 10cc who was in The Mindbenders was actually Eric Stewart.
Eric Stewart played guitar and took over the lead vocal position when Wayne Fontana left for a solo career.
To keep this from becoming too OT, The Mindbenders (sans Fontana) covered Otis Rush's "Homework" on their first album in 1966 -
the earliest recording of Green performing the song that I know of is from Copenhagen, Denmark - Falkoner Center November 19th 1968

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder
Old 04-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynBlue
Not that it really matters, but...
the member of 10cc who was in The Mindbenders was actually Eric Stewart.
According to the Graham Gouldman website, they both were:

Shortly after that experience Gouldman became a member of the Mindbenders for a little while, together with his forthcoming 10cc-mate Eric Stewart, organ player Jimmy O’Neill and ex-Chicken Shack-drummer Paul Hancox.

Last edited by chiliD; 04-12-2006 at 04:51 PM..
Old 04-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanx for the info -
Gouldman probably just never recorded with them, or if he did, it can't be "proved" -
kind of like the situation with Peter Bardens being a member of Them -everyone seems to agree he was with them for a while, but no can say with certainty just who played on their records aside from Van Morrison!

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder