Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
$85.49 on Amazon (U.S.) today.
Decent price. I only have Mirage on vinyl. This is one I'm going to get.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

YES! YES!! YEESSSSS!!!!

I'm so happy, so frickin' excited! Mirage is a huge favorite of mine, the home to 2 of my 3 favorite Christine songs ('Hold Me' and 'Love in Store') and my #1 favorite Stevie FM song, 'Gypsy'. I've been waiting for this album to be remastered for a long ass time. Finally!

Speaking of 'Gypsy', my favorite version of my favorite FM song has always been the 5 and a half minute version on the Chain box set. It looks as though there will be a longer version ("video version") of it on there. The music video version of 'Gypsy' is slightly different than the Chain version. Hmm, well, either way I'll be happy.

Now if only we can get Atlantic to give Stevie's 1980s albums this treatment. I've been dreaming of the cool outtakes that a deluxe remaster of Bella Donna, my favorite FM-related album, would have.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."

Last edited by The Highwayman; 05-26-2016 at 07:29 AM..
Old 05-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

so nice to actually hear Stevie vocal on the original "Hold Me"
Old 05-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
$85.49 on Amazon (U.S.) today.
That's quite expensive. Only 56 Euro's at bol.com in The Netherlands, which equals 58 USD or something.

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/mirage/9200000058615050/
Old 05-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
That's quite expensive. Only 56 Euro's at bol.com in The Netherlands, which equals 58 USD or something.

USA! USA! USA!
Old 05-29-2016, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree. I think $86 bucks is ridiculous!
Old 05-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That is crazy! What the Hell the are they smoking?!
Old 05-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IF IF IF they'd included the FULL Mirage concert DVD, I'd have paid $100. Without that, I'll give em $10 for the CD, remastered.

Greedy sh*ts!
Old 05-29-2016, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I'm very disappointed with the Live CD.
Yeah, me too. But I'm still riding high on the two live albums on the Tusk thing (and, for that matter, the live album on the Rumours thing before that).

Somebody ought to talk to Fleetwood Mac and Don Henley to get their OK to release the City of Hope show on CD. It would be a great tribute to the late Glenn Frey, who played first.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I am surprised at how little I seem to care about this release. I have Mirage on CD and in e form. I am unable to work up a desire to buy this version regardless of how great it may seem to have the added content.
My assumption about the Mirage set is that I've heard all that extra stuff already. Don't we have dozens of versions of Hold Me and Book of Love and Gypsy? I think if I looked through my CDs of Mirage from the "vault," I'd probably find everything that's now being released officially. Is that true? I can't get excited about that, and I can't get excited about those live cuts, stripped right from the old laser disc probably. We have that too. I guess I can get excited about the photographs and the art, but even that's not going to have the impact on me that the Tusk Deluxe art did because the Tusk art (including all those photos they released on 45s and sheet music) meant so much more to me.

What did you think of the Tusk Deluxe? I thought it was magnificent. I experienced thoughts and sensations I hadn't experienced since the first few days I heard Tusk. The care that went into the whole set was mind-blowing, and it paid off artistically. It had the impact of a great release, like the original Tusk.

P.S. I'm posting first and then reading the thread. Thanks to everyone who already has the set and is sharing info about it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
In my dream world they are withholding all the live footage for some mega blue-ray set in the future

Seriously, this makes absolutely no sense to me. Audio only of an already released video seems to be about the laziest thing they could possibly do.
I think that's why it was done this way: it's the easiest thing to do.

But with the Tusk Deluxe earlier this year, somebody did some inspired hard work digging out the live tracks from Wembley, Tucson, Omaha, and St. Louis. You guys should pore over the credits list from that set, track down the person (or persons) responsible, and fill his inbox with email for more. If he walks in to his office one morning and his email has 500 requests for more Fleetwood, he might just do something about it.

If he found (and cleaned) Wembley and Omaha, he can find the missing Forum cuts. (By the way, both concerts were filmed in their entirety. Cameras were pacing continuously from start to finish each night. Cameras aren't shut off for some songs; that would be dumb. The cameramen don't know 5 seconds in advance when a song is going to end or start in a live set.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-30-2016, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

What did you think of the Tusk Deluxe? I thought it was magnificent. I experienced thoughts and sensations I hadn't experienced since the first few days I heard Tusk. The care that went into the whole set was mind-blowing, and it paid off artistically. It had the impact of a great release, like the original Tusk.
I'm still all over it for months. It is a magnificent set. The vinyl sounds nothing less than spectacular, all the extra's are showing sketches of songs and pretty good alternative versions, sometimes spectacular too. The remaster sounds crisp and deep and the rawness of the liveset is mindblowing. There's so much more to hear. Also on the stamping Lindsey songs: what I thought were two layers of guitars are actually sometimes 5 or six different sounds or fragments of different riffs or pickinglines, or flourishes. Beautiful. Same with the backingvocals.

I had a misprinted vinyl. Side three was't there. After sending three copies back I finally found a correct one. So last week I could listen to the original, but now on remastered vinyl, I Know I'm Not Wrong. It was worth all the effort.

The best album ever recorded is now also the best boxed set I know.

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-30-2016 at 02:08 PM..
Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that they all updated their FB pages today to mention the "Mirage" reissue on 7/29. Stevie, Lindsey, Christine and Mick all shared Fleetwood Mac's status update (John does not have his own FB page).
Old 05-31-2016, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highwayman View Post
Speaking of 'Gypsy', my favorite version of my favorite FM song has always been the 5 and a half minute version on the Chain box set. It looks as though there will be a longer version ("video version") of it on there. The music video version of 'Gypsy' is slightly different than the Chain version. Hmm, well, either way I'll be happy.
The video version is shorter than the one that was put on the box set, but I like the video version much more. The differences are subtle but noticeable. The most important one, I feel, is Stevie's vocals during Lindsey's guitar solo at the end. A few moments after the solo starts you can hear Stevie sing "oooh, see your bright eyes" and it's really pretty.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
The video version is shorter than the one that was put on the box set, but I like the video version much more. The differences are subtle but noticeable. The most important one, I feel, is Stevie's vocals during Lindsey's guitar solo at the end. A few moments after the solo starts you can hear Stevie sing "oooh, see your bright eyes" and it's really pretty.
I prefer the video version, for the same reason, actually --- the ending. It is truly beautiful. I think Gypsy is one her absolute best Fleetwood Mac contributions, both lyrically and vocally, EVER. Heck, I think it knocks Rhiannon and Landside right out of the water. But don't get me wrong, though, I love those songs. I just think that Gypsy has a little more maturity and depth.