User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
awwww poor lindsey. how'd he fall? was he drunk?
Epilepsy. But they did a spinal tap to diagnose it, which turned out to be debilitating itself.

We have that one concert video where Lindsey is sick. That's the one where Stevie says, "Lindsey is one strong man" and she rubs his back as they are leaving the stage and Christine takes his guitar from him.

Michele
Old 05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Epilepsy. But they did a spinal tap to diagnose it, which turned out to be debilitating itself.

We have that one concert video where Lindsey is sick. That's the one where Stevie says, "Lindsey is one strong man" and she rubs his back as they are leaving the stage and Christine takes his guitar from him.

Michele
i didn't know he suffered from this. glad he no longer has this issue. seizures suck ass!!!

awwwwwwww Stevie took care of him afterwards i'm sure. Chicken noodle soup w/ a soda on the side fo'sure!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
I agree with the others who've posted that it looks nothing like cah to me. The photos of her on the back cover of the book? I can't reconcile the two. I recall her having a rounder shaped face and eyes and this photo is so much more angular.
She's just lost a LOT of weight. Also, regarding her eye color, I'm 90% sure that she talked about her own blue eyes in the book. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly remember seeing pictures of her and wondering why they looked a different color. Mine switch colors in different lighting, so that could be it.

As I said, I know it's her for sure. Believe what you guys want to believe...

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 05-31-2011 at 03:12 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
She's just lost a LOT of weight. Also, regarding her eye color, I'm 90% sure that she talked about her own blue eyes in the book. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly remember seeing pictures of her and wondering why they looked a different color. Mine switch colors in different lighting, so that could be it.

As I said, I know it's her for sure. Believe what you guys want to believe...
booka u know i believe you!

i've never seen blue turn to brown. wow!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

I think she's quite pretty, and it's good to see her "today" . . . this is a great pic without all that plastered on make up that so many women start using as they get older. (or, in Kenny Rogers' case, "pancaked" on!) The years have certainly been very kind to a number of the ladies in Lindsey's past. Her dog looks like some sort of hound--part bassett or a really big beagle maybe? That makes her definitely okay in my book. But it's a great pic, and I'm glad she survived the storm. Thanks Dani.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I recall her eyes as blue. Looks like she just has those kind of eyes with large pupils that tend to make the rest of the eye look darker than it is.

The actual iris of her eyes look like the same color as Lindsey's in this pic.
Quote:

Old 05-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I need to go back to those rumours outtake vids on youtube.

U guys may be right tho.......I mean, Stevie HAS to be the only browneyed girl!!!! Lmbao

Shipping baybee......
Old 05-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, she looks very normal here and her skin looks natural, not taut, pulled and implanted. For the Discovery Health special, she looked very artificial. They showed us the process she went through and the "after" didn't look that good. But now she looks fine. In the special, as she obsessed over old, younger images of herself, she seemed like she was on the road to being one of those people who was addicted to surgery, but she definitely doesn't have that "almost Joan Rivers" look here.

Thanks for posting, Dani.

Michele
I would give any amount of money to see the episode, as well as her Geraldo interview...
Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Really? Looks like her to me...

'81 Carol Ann:

'11 Carol Ann:

Really. And those pics make it even more clear for me. Eye color is different, forehead size is different. Face structure is much more round in first pic. Cute turned up nose in first pic, not upturned at all in second. Eyes rounder in first. Lips fuller in first. Even if you compare to the photos of her in storms jacket, which is much more recent than the first photo you posted. Just doesn't look like her to me. jmo. Everyone is certainly entitled to think what they want.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
I would give any amount of money to see the episode, as well as her Geraldo interview...
youtube it! see if you can find it!!!! i wanna see.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
youtube it! see if you can find it!!!! i wanna see.
I've tried! I've looked everywhere I could think of and have found nothing!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
Really. And those pics make it even more clear for me. Eye color is different, forehead size is different. Face structure is much more round in first pic. Cute turned up nose in first pic, not upturned at all in second. Eyes rounder in first. Lips fuller in first. Even if you compare to the photos of her in storms jacket, which is much more recent than the first photo you posted. Just doesn't look like her to me. jmo. Everyone is certainly entitled to think what they want.
The newer picture looks exactly like an older version of a girl at the preschool I work at! Its so strange...they are identical! But now you have me questioning if that really is Carol. Seeing those pictures side by side you can definitely see a lot of differences. But surgery could account for that I guess. My book didnt come with a jacket. Anyone have that picture to post?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's had a lot of surgery.

Believe what you guys want-- it's her, 110%.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Quite a few of the incidents concerning Lindsey occurred when other people were around to witness them, according to CAH. But did any of these people ever come forward and say "no, this never happened"?

I loved her book and ended up liking her which surprised me. She seemed to have a much warmer personalilty than certain others within the FM bubble. And if she comes over as being self-obsessed - well, weren't they all? And it is her story!

And even if parts of her story (whether little or big parts) aren't true, she did seem to care about, and look after, Lindsey when nobody else was giving a s**t about him - and I hope that part is true because at least he had somebody who gave a damn!
Yeah their was the car incident that Christine apparently witnessed as well as a nasty scene in their hotel room where she makes it sound like their bodyguard knew what had happened. She wrote a 300 something page book about almost 7 years of her life, so I am sure their are incidents that were left out. The frustrating part is that know one will probably ever come out and say what did/did not happen because they don't want to get in the middle of it. If what Carol said is true and even if every band member saw the abuse take place they aren't going to betray LB like that, especially when they are still working together.

I can't stand it when people say she is too self obsessed...she is writing a story about her life! How can she not be self obsessed

I also hope that her loving and taking care of Lindsey is true, which I believe is.

Yet another thing we agree on

Last edited by caroline79; 05-31-2011 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
I can't stand it when people say she is too self obsessed...she is writing a story about her life! How can she not be self obsessed
Many people write autobiographies without being self-obsessed. You can write about yourself without thinking you are the center of existence. Self-obsession is not inherent in all memoirs. That varies from writer to writer.

In fact, I don't think CAH was necessarily self-obsessed. She doesn't only talk about herself, even if she seemed to be insecure and trying to present herself in a certain light. You could tell that from the very first pages when she and her sisters were curled up in chairs all studiously reading.

Again, the light you want to present differs, depending on the writer. Some people want to seem strong. Some talented. Some tough. Some brilliant. Some sexy. Some like to make themselves more passive than they really are. The particular image they choose is not a hallmark of all autobiographies -- not everyone tries to present themself as beautiful, helpless or the object of envy. Yes, every autobiography -- every BIOgraphy -- is subjective, but subjectivity has nothing to do with the personality coming through in the book. Not everyone who writes the story of their lives is going to get the same criticism about the telling of that story as CAH did.

Michele