User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He looked like the kind of guy who, if he was in a good mood, you could get to do anything for you, no matter how girly. Now, when he's in a bad mood, that's a different story.
Only if you're white, female, preferably blonde, and don't challenge him/offer any resistance to his peculiarities/sensibilities. Other than that, I tend to agree.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Only if you're white, female, preferably blonde, and don't challenge him/offer any resistance to his peculiarities/sensibilities. Other than that, I tend to agree.
There are plenty of people who don't fit into the category you described who feel (or at least have been quoted as saying) that Lindsey is a very gracious, funny, accommodating fellow.

But that wasn't even my statement. I prefaced mine by saying "when he's in a good mood" and ended by saying that it's a different story when he's in a bad mood --which is true of everyone.

Michele
Old 07-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that's selling him a little short though. He may only have had blonde women (that we know of) but I'm sure he is probably a lot less rigid than the common thought. He definitely seems like a man who gets what he wants, but he appears to have mellowed quite a bit. I also think perhaps Kristen is more ballsy than we're giving her credit for. From all accounts I've read, which is all I can really go by, the lady isn't really the silent type...so whatever happens behind closed doors could actually be nothing of this image of LB we seem to have- which is very close to what you said. I think he's more complex and layered than that.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Registered

Oh, the fact that his wife is gratified by his wealth/stature certainly helps to massage his sense of ego and accomplishment. She doesn't "challenge" him on anything that truly matters to him.

I know I've made plenty of comments and observations regarding Kristen over the years, but I've never doubted that she is exactly the type of woman he was looking for- blonde, by the numbers, feckless "beauty" who is content to be a rock star wife. This, in turn, brings him great contentment. He's too insecure for any other scenario.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, the fact that his wife is gratified by his wealth/stature certainly helps to massage his sense of ego and accomplishment. She doesn't "challenge" him on anything that truly matters to him.

I know I've made plenty of comments and observations regarding Kristen over the years, but I've never doubted that she is exactly the type of woman he was looking for- blonde, by the numbers, feckless "beauty" who is content to be a rock star wife. This, in turn, brings him great contentment. He's too insecure for any other scenario.
Someone has to wonder why on earth he is so insecure!! (And what would eventually make him Feel secure?????)
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It doesn't seem like she is content to be a rock star wife. Whether it's wise or economical or not, she seems interested in having her own career.

As far as her not challenging him on anything that matters, since she seems to have an equal (or more than equal say) in their home and family life, it seems like the only thing that she doesn't challenge him on is his career and why would she? She's not a musician (her contributions to Did You Miss Me, notwithstanding). And how many unions between two musicians work anyway? You don't have to be an insecure, egomaniac not to be able to forge a lasting relationship with someone whose show business career is just as demanding as yours. If vanity didn't break you up, the schedules would.

So, finding someone outside of that arena seems to work best for most rock stars, not just Lindsey. It's not like Kristen's staying home being submissive. I think all marriages that thrive do so because each person finds their own niche and complements the other's strengths, while supplementing their weaknesses. Finding someone you can achieve that balance with, without constantly competing or butting heads, is a stroke of luck for anyone, not a sign of insecurity, just because that's what you seek.

Michele
Old 07-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's not a musician (her contributions to Did You Miss Me, notwithstanding).

Michele
You forgot Love Runs Deeper...
Old 07-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
You forgot Love Runs Deeper...
I guess I find too much meaning in those lyrics to attribute any of them to Kristen. I know that's unfair.

Michele
Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess I find too much meaning in those lyrics to attribute any of them to Kristen. I know that's unfair.

Michele
Well, unfair or not I can understand your struggle. But, according to LB she wrote the verses. It's a head-scratcher, for sure.

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-05-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Old 09-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the William chair I just noticed on the website, to go along with the chairs for his sisters. I saw a Mimi chair. That must be for Grandma. That's what my mother likes to be called by her grandchildren as well.

Michele
Attached Images
File Type: jpg willchair.jpg (10.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here is the William chair I just noticed on the website, to go along with the chairs for his sisters. I saw a Mimi chair. That must be for Grandma. That's what my mother likes to be called by her grandchildren as well.

Michele
I like the Stella chair the most. My favorite. And that crescent lamp was interesting as well.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I like the Stella chair the most. My favorite. And that crescent lamp was interesting as well.

Hysterical! Loved it!

Praise Be! The lamp has been RE-Continued!

It's even the featured icon for the Lighting section - an exciting focus for this fine item.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-07-2010 at 08:46 PM..