User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
She may well have but I don't recall. I just don't think he did that much with Dreams. There are plenty of other great examples with Gypsy immediately coming to mind.
Thank you for your post. May I ask, do you know if Lindsey bolstered/supported the musical development of "Dreams" or is it "Mmmm... not so much"?
Your reply to my first post in this thread read to me as a correction of my belief with what I read to have been your presentation of a fact - that being "Mmmm... not so much." I heard the Sly Stone story on the CV 07 Tour.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't give a damn about what forum is the right. I'm still angry and blame on the whole band. They are more than old enough to get in ridiculous fights that did nothing but finish a great legacy in rock. This is it. Will there be a (Rumours lineup) reunion in 10 years? 5 years? I don't think so.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't give a damn about what forum is the right. I'm still angry and blame on the whole band. They are more than old enough to get in ridiculous fights that did nothing but finish a great legacy in rock. This is it. Will there be a (Rumours lineup) reunion in 10 years? 5 years? I don't think so.
My fantasy is that they end this tour, say "We've made a horrible mistake" - call Lindsey - he accepts and they do a "Rumours 5 Reunion" tour to great acclaim and profits in 2022, just in time for the 45th anniversary of Rumours.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She may well have but I don't recall. I just don't think he did that much with Dreams. There are plenty of other great examples with Gypsy immediately coming to mind.
No it's not. Dreams and Gypsy are actually probably the two best examples of what Lindsey would do to Stevie's simple demos. And they're the two that he usually specifically mentions when talking about that kind of thing. Dreams has a TON of little grooves and things in the music of it that really make the sound of the song what it is and those are nowhere on any of Stevie's demos of the song. Like you said she wrote the song fairly quickly on a piano and it had a great vocal and lyrics and not much else. We've all heard the demos.

There are songs that wouldn't have been good examples. Storms being the most obvious imo. Storms is quite simply produced, Lindsey didn't add much except for some beautiful guitar work.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Unfortunately I don't have much time to post now so I'll just respond quoting my previous answers to this question:

Let me just add that the only opinions that matter about the issue are the ones of the admin and of the moderators, so anyone else saying that you can't discuss the new line-up here is either lying or misinformed.
majority rules?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
My fantasy is that they end this tour, say "We've made a horrible mistake" - call Lindsey - he accepts and they do a "Rumours 5 Reunion" tour to great acclaim and profits in 2022, just in time for the 45th anniversary of Rumours.
My fantasy also....but even at the very least a recorded show like the Dance that can be a momento for fans and rewatched. If their age and health are not in a way to make touring possible then this would be fine with me.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
My fantasy also....but even at the very least a recorded show like the Dance that can be a momento for fans and rewatched. If their age and health are not in a way to make touring possible then this would be fine with me.

If Lindsey has any self respect, he would never return to the dinosaur that has held him back all these years. Let the carcass rot. Do YOUR thing Lindsey. Be creative on your own or with other artists that appreciate you. Tell the cash cow to **** themselves!
Old 06-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
If Lindsey has any self respect, he would never return to the dinosaur that has held him back all these years. Let the carcass rot. Do YOUR thing Lindsey. Be creative on your own or with other artists that appreciate you. Tell the cash cow to **** themselves!
I agree completely. F*CK these IDIOTS for doing this to the band.

And I'd lose all respect for Lindsey if he ever went back to these whores. He doesn't need the money, so let them rot. He's the only one getting my support, from here on out.

If the theories are true, I hope that $tevie has her own personal bunker in Hell.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree completely. F*CK these IDIOTS for doing this to the band.

And I'd lose all respect for Lindsey if he ever went back to these whores. He doesn't need the money, so let them rot. He's the only one getting my support, from here on out.

If the theories are true, I hope that $tevie has her own personal bunker in Hell.

I really just don't like her anymore. What's that song of hers, "You May Be The One" where she says

https://youtu.be/GGegqrQ5n80

It's how I feel about her now, sadly.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
That would be fine with me, too. Just something that has them together again. It can't end like this.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then why in God's name are you wasting your time posting here? Maybe you should go take a sh!t on their Walk of Fame star and that will make you feel better.
I spend 10 minutes a day here, and I have EVERY right to piss and moan about what this band has done to it's legacy. It's a God damn shame and I'm not going to just close my mouth about it.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don’t act like Lindsey is above taking the big bag of money. He went along with a “duet album,” so he’ll be back if asked.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-25-2018, 06:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Don’t act like Lindsey is above taking the big bag of money. He went along with a “duet album,” so he’ll be back if asked.
No one is saying he’s above the money. Many here are saying they HOPE he won’t do it. Of course he will be back if asked. My opinion: it won’t happen. I’m sure Stevie will also lose some of her fans’ respect if she asks Lindsey to come back.

Buckingham McVie was done for many reasons but I don’t think one of them was money. But I’m sure one of them was to prove they can do an album and a tour without her. Hence, he was fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Thank you for your post. May I ask, do you know if Lindsey bolstered/supported the musical development of "Dreams" or is it "Mmmm... not so much"?
Your reply to my first post in this thread read to me as a correction of my belief with what I read to have been your presentation of a fact - that being "Mmmm... not so much." I heard the Sly Stone story on the CV 07 Tour.
No it's not a correction. I'm sorry if it came off like that. You can really hear the transformations in some of Stevie's Rumours songs when you listen to early takes. Gold Dust Woman for example started off one way and ended up quite another. Dreams didn't really undergo the same transformation. It was pretty much the same from where it started to where it ended up.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I spend 10 minutes a day here, and I have EVERY right to piss and moan about what this band has done to it's legacy. It's a God damn shame and I'm not going to just close my mouth about it.
Well as long as you're enjoying yourself...