The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2022, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Neptune is a small venue (800 seats) ... hoping that's more because we're still in the world of COVID and promoters etc may be factoring in that any number of people still won't come out to group indoor events.

He usually plays the Moore (1800) and I'd love to see him at the Paramount (2800) one time but.....
Old 04-13-2022, 04:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
The Neptune is a small venue (800 seats) ... hoping that's more because we're still in the world of COVID and promoters etc may be factoring in that any number of people still won't come out to group indoor events.

He usually plays the Moore (1800) and I'd love to see him at the Paramount (2800) one time but.....
I must be missing something (not unusual...) How does that relate to Brett's absence?
Old 04-13-2022, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo View Post
I must be missing something (not unusual...) How does that relate to Brett's absence?
we have been using this thread to discuss the ongoing shows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2022, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I think Seattle show was sold out. But I think the booking at Neptune was due to the level of demand. And that being not a high one.

He played Boulder, Colorado in December which was about 1,000. Then they booked him for the larger theater, Paramount, in Denver for April; I'm guessing because Boulder sold out quickly.

Anyone going to Monterrey tonight?
Old 04-13-2022, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Surprising to see the shows going forward without Brett.
It's like the entire show's prerecorded and most of the "concert" is just a massive prop.

Lindsey would never do that, right?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-13-2022, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It's like the entire show's prerecorded and most of the "concert" is just a massive prop.

Lindsey would never do that, right?

I was thinking that, too.

Just unmute a couple more tracks...
Old 04-14-2022, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yea. Lindsey didn't even get a substitute for Brett. Or is a computer the substitute.
Old 04-14-2022, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yea. Lindsey didn't even get a substitute for Brett. Or is a computer the substitute.
I'd guess all tracks are on the karaoke. You choose which ones you want to use.

This isn't directed at Lindsey, but this should be against the law(and order). Either play it for real, or stay home. SO CHEESY. Tusk Lindsey would have killed this Lindsey.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I know its weird but its not just Lindsey. This is fairly the norm these days unless maybe you are AC DC or something.
The guy who sits far in the back in Lindsey shows sits right in front of this computer. Lord knows how much is pre-recorded. Lindsey is still live though. No faking with his guitar or lead vocals. The only fake vocals I saw was during Hold Me on the Buck/Vie tour. The "come on and" vocals were clearly fake.
Much of Lindsey's early solo work especially on Go Insane is computerized so I would think none of this should be a surprise. I never liked this computer stuff. My favorite Lindsey songs are him playing his guitar and rocking out. As he says, he is a painter and these pre-recorded tracks are just another layer to his performance
Old 04-14-2022, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey is still live though. No faking with his guitar or lead vocals.
Did you see “Surrender the Rain” in 2018?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-14-2022, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Did you see “Surrender the Rain” in 2018?
Yes. I was there front row and got to strum his guitar during GYOW. I cant remember watching closely for that exact song but it may not surprise me. However, I was suspicious and after BuckVie I kept a close eye on his singing and guitar playing. It seemed legit. But I cant comment on your specific song Surrender the rain. I assume you are saying the guitar playing was pre-recorded? Or vocals?
Old 04-14-2022, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes. I was there front row and got to strum his guitar during GYOW. I cant remember watching closely for that exact song but it may not surprise me. However, I was suspicious and after BuckVie I kept a close eye on his singing and guitar playing. It seemed legit. But I cant comment on your specific song Surrender the rain. I assume you are saying the guitar playing was pre-recorded? Or vocals?
Steve posted video of it a couple years ago. Lindsey is CLEARLY not singing the part that we're hearing, and you can see that it's karaoke.

And yes, everybody does it now.

One of my favorite country groups, Diamond Rio, does it now, too. I saw them doing a medley, and the guitar player was playing licks, while he was off on the side of the stage, with his arms POINTING at people.

THERE SHOULD BE A DISCLAIMER ON ALL TICKETS - SOME OF THIS SHOW IS PRERECORDED.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's definitely interesting to see which parts are pre-recorded vs which parts are played live on each of the tours. i was suprised to see most of intricate guitar parts on Love is Here to Stay on BuckVie tour being pre-recorded. at that point (and that was when he was still in his 60s, and before the heart attack), i figured we will never get to see / hear him play those parts of LIHTS live. yet he brought this gorgeous song back last fall (to my utter delight!), and he actually played those intricate parts he didn't on BuckVie tour.

i'm looking forward to seeing some shows on this leg, and i'm so happy that the UK/EU leg will go on and all those fans who missed him when 2011 was cancelled will get to final see him live solo.

also, i'm ecstatic that Michael Urbano is his drummer now - not only is he an amazing drummer with impressive cred and history, but he's obviously a fan of LB's music and just loving doing this tour. and from what i'm hearing audiences are loving him!

very sad about Brett and sending good, healing vibes his way.

i'm so grateful we still get to see these people and experience those highs of their shows. sure, there are so many songs that i would so love to hear him play, or at least noodle at the soundcheck and i probably never will. that is something that is way higher on my list than whether he uses background tracks same as so many out there these days. i mean, Lindsey has on stage and is introducing his computer guy as a band member. you don't have to be a genius to get that he's using backing tracks of course i'd love to see a track free show every now and then like we got in 92Y few years ago, and that we get when he now and then succumbs to fans and performs Rock Away Blind live.

it's also interesting that Lindsey's performance while slowed down and dirge-y on NGBA, Trouble, and such, is amazing and energetic on his new tunes which are fantastic live. and On The Wrong Side is winning all kinds of polls and is extremely popular among fans, which has to be so satisfying that the completely new song is generating so much love and traction.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I notice the acoustic guitar in GYOW is a sample or track now. I don't understand why he didn't get Fed Pol to come in, that way Neale didn't have to play bass. Maybe there wasn't enough in the tour budget to pay Fed?
Old 04-14-2022, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I notice the acoustic guitar in GYOW is a sample or track now. I don't understand why he didn't get Fed Pol to come in, that way Neale didn't have to play bass. Maybe there wasn't enough in the tour budget to pay Fed?
i'm betting this def has some role in the choices.