The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never bought this album. At the time I was irritated that they performed the same tired setlist and couldn't sound as good as they had in their past, with the exception of Silver Springs. That song was the bomb. This cover is ok but still annoyed me because the walls are so white that they fade out the room. I have to look closely to see they are in a room with walls and a ceiling. Also that weird white doodling above Stevie's head is very distracting to her face. Is it trying to say some word? Stevie was not this thin in 1997 but I knew she was thinking about 100 years from now when people will view this and think she looked so hot. They'd never know the real numbers on her scale. Christine looks angry and Lindsey looks like he's going to take that golf club and whack a chiff. John and Mick are the only ones who look natural.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Also that weird white doodling above Stevie's head is very distracting to her face. Is it trying to say some word?
It looks like a fallen chandelier, or something, to me.

The thing in Lindsey's hand represents a guitar and I think it is a cane, right?

My fave pic of the Dance era is the Rolling Stone one of Lindsey and Christine with the swords.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I always think "My God, what a mess! That must've been one helluva fight!"
Old 02-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies View Post
i can never find any of the hidden penguins.
There are hidden penguins???
Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

do we think they were really all there together, or were they shot individually and photo collaged together? (I tend to vote the latter....tho Mick and Stevie look like they might have actually been there together)
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
i LOVE David La Chapelle's pics... they are VERY stylized and unnatural. but they WISELY chose a modern photographer to do their big comeback cover pics!
Agreed - and I love his photos of Stevie from 1994:

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Photoshop in 1997????
Christine looks so good, even serious. Her hair, her clothes...
Mick with the ball. Well, for their reunion, for their new tour, remember a part of Rumours and their best moments maybe was a good idea.
Stevie looks fine, but I never liked her hair there...And she's not trying to catch the ball.
Lindsey has a "golf stick", and wants to break something (maybe the piano).
And John is just...John!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I never bought this album. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Photoshop in 1997????
S'been around for 20 years now...
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
He's super awesome but his work and the Mac just really didn't seem to mesh-again imo. But that said, I also have always wondered why the heck there aren't more Dance era shots of the band. There is the smallest handful from this time that aren't live shots. You'd think a big "Rumours" re-do would warrent a ton of pics, and that by now a hell of a lot more would have surfaced.
True. They were together for the first time in 10 years. You'd think there'd be press pictures of them from every venue. Wish the reunion had happened when camera phones were ubiquitous and at least we'd have fan pictures.

Michele
Old 02-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
There are hidden penguins???
Old 02-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
True. They were together for the first time in 10 years. You'd think there'd be press pictures of them from every venue. Wish the reunion had happened when camera phones were ubiquitous and at least we'd have fan pictures.

Michele
Maybe someone can get Neal Preston on the horn? He and I spoke in 2007 about printing up some photos from The Dance era. He said he "had so much unseen stuff it would make your head spin"... he farted around on the phone with me a few times... seemed keen... then he trailed off more and more until he just wouldnt return my calls or emails. Clearly the man is busy.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Photoshop in 1997????
I am not sure what you mean by this, but I had Photoshop in 1999 and it was definitely around in 1997. The program saw it's first release (1.0) in 1990.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I am not sure what you mean by this, but I had Photoshop in 1999 and it was definitely around in 1997. The program saw it's first release (1.0) in 1990.
And retouching photos was around long before that.....it just wasn't done with Photoshop. (Some of the young Ledgies don't know that TVs used to have knobs that you used to change the channel...after you got off the couch and walked all the way over to it.)
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
And retouching photos was around long before that.....it just wasn't done with Photoshop. (Some of the young Ledgies don't know that TVs used to have knobs that you used to change the channel...after you got off the couch and walked all the way over to it.)
Thanks much - I needed that laugh right now.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
My grandmother still has one of those kind of TVs. I was 11 when I first used it. It took me forever to figure out how to change the channels. I thought that my grandmother had hidden the remote to make me get off my lazy butt to change the channels.

Last edited by I'msoAfraid95; 02-08-2013 at 06:55 PM..