Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Just Thought I'd Share Thread ..."Stevie"

Hi all.Similar to the Chit Chat thread.Can post stuff here found on the web.Not mag and newspaper info like posted in the Nicks McNuggets thread.And other thoughts that come to mind.

First off.I found this CD on Amazon today.

http://www.amazon.com/House-Blues-St...d_rhf_ee_shvl5

House of Blues [Import] cd.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This girl sounds like Stevie. this is Carolyn Mark from Canada .Play links below.Songs from a tribute album of the 1975 movie Nashville. Also her voice sounds like Stevie like alike-sound alike Paulette Carlson too.

One, I Love You

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=84484701&ac=now

My Idaho Home

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=84484702&ac=now

Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

Watched the making of "The Exorcist" with my husband last night and he exclaimed NUMEROUS times that Linda Blair looks like Stevie...which we've all heard before, but he was adamant about it like no one had ever made the connection before! Been there done that honey!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I spotted these photos of LA hair stylist Rebecca Bacon online awhile ago.Alittle
Rumours era there in the style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bacon1.jpg (66.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg rebecca_bacon.jpg (83.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg _avoiding_prom_hair_rebeccabacon2.jpg (91.3 KB, 53 views)

Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS, why are Stevie's backing vocals always totally incredible? I listened to the Rumours-Tusk (not sure) demo of If You Ever Did Believe and last night I only just realised how incredible her background vocals are.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree...I always prefered her backup vs Sharon and Lori on the recordings.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
JTIS, why are Stevie's backing vocals always totally incredible? I listened to the Rumours-Tusk (not sure) demo of If You Ever Did Believe and last night I only just realised how incredible her background vocals are.
I love the vocals she does with herself in No Questions Asked, especially when she sings "who gets the cold winds of it all" and on Greta at the very end, the last time she sings "I wonder what Greta would say". There's just something about those two moments that I really love.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been watching classic movies on YT.I love Carole Lombard what a natural beauty.

I was looking at the Wildheart promo poster over the weekend and said wow.What a resemblance.

Stevie can capture the 1930's look that Carole did then.

I love Carole's 1936 classic.My Man Godfrey.Its my favorite.

Its so sad that her life was takin so young at 33 in a tragic plane crash in 1942 along with her mother with 20 others.She was Clark Gable's wife at the time and was married to William Powell earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Lombard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghjkkgh.jpg (6.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg .l'.l..jpg (7.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg lombard.jpg (14.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Carole_Lombard-Robert_Armstrong_in_The_Racketeer.jpg (42.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg b0832211cca0e1c2ffa04b24deb3e1be.jpg (14.0 KB, 5 views)

Old 04-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've had "Magnet & Steel" stuck in my head a lot this week. I went out for ice cream earlier this evening, and, low & behold, it came on the radio while I was waiting for my order.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I've had "Magnet & Steel" stuck in my head a lot this week. I went out for ice cream earlier this evening, and, low & behold, it came on the radio while I was waiting for my order.

ESP.LOL... Thats like me.When I turn on the radio or tune to a station.Stevie or FM is coming out of the speaker or I walk into a store the same thing.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got this Billboard chart info from a radio friend .

You can check Stevie's tunes along with your other favorite artists over the years they charted.

http://www.adrive.com/public/DkJWh5/...2020140510.xls

Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a article from New York Times about a very young Jimmy Iovine working with John Lennon and Apple computer .

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/bu...illed-ear.html

Jimmy Iovine, a Master of Beats, Lends Apple a Skilled Ear

By BEN SISARIOMAY 28, 2014

CUPERTINO, Calif. — Apple’s new music impresario, Jimmy Iovine, didn’t start out writing code or studying computer engineering, the usual path of a Silicon Valley mogul. Instead, his career began sweeping floors at New York City recording studios and fetching tea for John Lennon.

But Apple is betting that Mr. Iovine’s four decades in the trenches of the recording industry, his knack for trend-spotting and his credibility with artists will help the company rejuvenate its music business nearly three years after the death of its co-founder, Steven P. Jobs.

On Wednesday, after weeks of speculation, Apple said it would pay $3 billion for Beats Electronics, the company that Mr. Iovine (pronounced eye-oh-VEEN) founded with the rap star Dr. Dre that includes the Beats by Dr. Dre headphone line and a fledgling streaming music service.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

For Apple, the acquisition of Beats largely follows a familiar pattern of buying technology outfits that have resources and talent that it can blend into future devices and online services.
Apple to Pay $3 Billion to Buy BeatsMAY 28, 2014
David Hyman, the founder of Mog, a subscription music service, in 2011. Beats acquired his company a year later.
Former Executive Sues for Stake in Beats Electronics, Object of Apple’s DesireMAY 16, 2014
Jimmy Iovine co-founded Beats with the rapper Dr. Dre.
Apple’s Pursuit of Beats May Foretell a ShiftMAY 9, 2014

“We looked at the combination with Beats, and what we saw is a company that has incredible, rare talent,” said Apple’s chief executive, Timothy D. Cook, in a joint interview with Mr. Iovine and Dr. Dre at the company’s headquarters here.
Photo
Mr. Iovine is joining Apple. Credit Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

One of the most powerful figures in the music industry, Mr. Iovine, 61, brings to Apple deep celebrity connections and a devil-may-care attitude that stands in stark contrast to the businesslike manner of Mr. Cook.

Mr. Iovine’s relationship with Apple dates to the beginnings of iTunes, when he became a friend and crucial advocate for Mr. Jobs as he tried to persuade nervous record executives to sell their songs à la carte.

“Jimmy was one of the first people we showed iTunes to,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s content chief.

As part of the deal, Mr. Iovine and Dr. Dre — whose real name is Andre Young — will join Apple in senior positions reporting to Mr. Cue, and Mr. Iovine will leave his longtime post as chairman of Universal Music Group’s Interscope Geffen A&M division, where he has guided the careers of U2 and Eminem.

Formerly married to a Playboy centerfold, Mr. Iovine rivals some of his artists in his celebrity profile around Hollywood; in a bland corporate conference room at Apple on Wednesday, he wore a shiny blue blazer and light blue suede high-top sneakers.

Apple’s acquisition of Beats reflects the transformation of the music industry over the last decade, which has gone from selling CDs and downloads to fast-growing streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and YouTube. Many in the recording industry say that Beats Music, the company’s new subscription streaming service, is the real growth engine in Apple’s acquisition.

“To have a kingpin around subscription, and someone who really understands content within Apple, we feel very positive about that,” said Lucian Grainge, the chairman of Universal Music. Universal acquired a 14 percent stake in Beats by allowing Mr. Iovine to pursue the company, a share that will net the label more than $400 million.

Mr. Iovine got his start as a studio gofer in the 1970s, but quickly made his name as an engineer and producer, working with acts like Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks.

“My life changed because Bruce Springsteen got on a mic in front of me,” Mr. Iovine said. “That continued in my life over and over again, so I get the joke now. Artists have to be represented properly, and paid properly.”

Mr. Iovine and Dr. Dre will each earn hundreds of millions of dollars from the Apple deal.

Interscope Records, which Mr. Iovine founded in 1990 with the retail heir Ted Field, became the hottest label of the 1990s by betting on the commercial appeal of gangsta rap acts like Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg.

“He can see around corners,” said Doug Morris, the chairman of Sony Music, who as the head of Warner Music’s Atlantic Group in the 1990s backed Interscope. “It was Jimmy who really believed that rap was going to go mainstream, and it did exactly what he thought.”

Now part of Universal, Interscope has maintained its success with acts like 50 Cent and Lady Gaga, buoyed by Mr. Iovine’s reputation as a rare corporate executive who understands the creative mind-set of his artists.

Mr. Iovine is also famously relentless in business. To seal a joint-venture deal, he once called an executive at another label every day at 3 p.m. for a year. Gwen Stefani refers to “Jimmy jail” — the purgatory when Mr. Iovine sends his artists back to the studio again and again “to write that last track, that career-changing track,” Ms. Stefani said in an interview. As painful as that jail can be, Mr. Iovine’s nose for hits is usually right. “The good news is, he’s Jimmy,” Ms. Stefani said. “The bad news is, he’s Jimmy.”

Mr. Iovine described his move to Apple as “the second phase of my music career.” But that move began in 2008, when he and Dr. Dre began selling their Beats by Dr. Dre headphones as a response to the cheap white earbuds that Apple gives away with its products. Sold for up to $450, the sleek, bass-heavy earpieces now represent about 60 percent of high-end headphone sales.

Dr. Dre is said to be closely involved with the design of the headphones that bear his name, but Mr. Iovine seems to do most of the talking. In a half-hour joint interview at Apple, Dr. Dre spoke once, saying, “this is the dream.”

“Jimmy figured out that whatever format of music comes along, people are going to need ways to listen to it,” said Jon Landau, the manager of Mr. Springsteen and a longtime friend of Mr. Iovine’s. “He bet into a business in which how the music sells and how much record companies collect is irrelevant.”

But with Beats’s push into streaming, Mr. Iovine — and now Apple — are making a bet on how consumers will listen to music in the future. Thus far, Beats Music has not posed much of a threat so far to established players like Spotify. The service, introduced in January, is estimated to have about 200,000 paying subscribers, while Spotify has 10 million.

“Jimmy has time and again proven his ability to understand the tastes of the mass market, in an extraordinary way,” said David Pakman, a former digital music executive who is now a partner at the venture capital firm Venrock. “But he hasn’t yet proven his ability to get a digital music service off the ground.”

Until now, Apple’s moves toward streaming have been tentative. Its iTunes Radio service, meant to compete against Pandora, has found minimal traction in the market. Yet streaming has become the music industry’s next big hope as download sales are now beginning to plunge after a decade of growth.

Mr. Iovine, Mr. Cook and Mr. Cue all described subscription as a critical part of Apple’s future, although they were careful to say that downloads remain important, too. As part of the deal, the Beats brand and music service will continue on its own, for now.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Iovine was, as ever, the consummate promoter, hyping the deal as a perfect union of technology, style and business know-how.

“You go into any recording studio in the world and you see candles, lights and that Apple light from a Mac,” Mr. Iovine said. “Apple is a company that understands music. They are culturally adept; most technology companies are culturally inept.”

A version of this article appears in print on May 29, 2014, on page A1 of the New York edition with the headline: A Master of Beats Lends Apple a Skilled Ear .

Photos below.

Jimmy Iovine, left, and John Lennon in 1974, during the recording of Mr. Lennon’s “Walls and Bridges” album in New York City. Credit Bob Gruen

And Jimmy today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep my good sounding 1970's earphones along with my mp3 player or transistor radio .I'll be fine without those inflated over priced $$$$ headphones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iovine-master675.jpg (71.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IOVINE-master180.jpg (12.8 KB, 6 views)

Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres a article from New York Times about a very young Jimmy Iovine working with John Lennon and Apple computer .

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/bu...illed-ear.html

Formerly married to a Playboy centerfold, Mr. Iovine rivals some of his artists in his celebrity profile around Hollywood; in a bland corporate conference room at Apple on Wednesday, he wore a shiny blue blazer and light blue suede high-top sneakers.

Mr. Iovine got his start as a studio gofer in the 1970s, but quickly made his name as an engineer and producer, working with acts like Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks.

But on Wednesday, Mr. Iovine was, as ever, the consummate promoter, hyping the deal as a perfect union of technology, style and business know-how.

Jimmy Iovine, left, and John Lennon in 1974, during the recording of Mr. Lennon’s “Walls and Bridges” album in New York City. Credit Bob Gruen

And Jimmy today.

Well there's another guy who got co-opted by "the business". And to think he balked at wearing a gold half moon necklace because he was a New York guy with no Hollywood pretensions and hated all that sh*t and wanted keep Stevie grounded in reality.

If Jimmy then could see that picture of Jimmy now he'd barf.

I guess if you can't beat'em join 'em.

btw I never knew he was 5 years younger than Stevie.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today on the radio here in OZ they mentioned Stevie's new album, then they played Stevie's cover of Its So Easy lol still pretty cool
Old 08-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Today on the radio here in OZ they mentioned Stevie's new album, then they played Stevie's cover of Its So Easy lol still pretty cool
WHAT?????????????
that is so cool!!
on MMM last week they were doing the top 100 albums and were playing some interviews coz Rumours was ... well i forget what number.
i never hear just!Stevie