Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review from Chicago-

First, I forgot my camera cord at work, so I have to wait until tomorrow to post pictures. We'll see how many turned out okay.

It was fantastic! I think Stevie's voice is probably the best it's been since The Dance. I was surprised by how good Rhiannon sounded. I think the biggest sing along song turned out to be Little Lies. I think Seven Wonders was the one with the least amount of crowd reaction, but nothing bad. A lot of applause for Big Love, I'm So Afraid; NGBA also turned out to be a big sing along song.

I love the floating head Lindsey for I Know I'm Not Wrong!

There was a mistake at the beginning of Save You Love Me; seemed like they weren't sure what song came next for a minute.

Only song I would give a B to would be World Turning, just because it didn't seem like Lindsey played it with the same flair he used to.

Show ended about 10:45pm, so little over 2.5 hours. Mick brought his two youngest daughters out at the end.

10/10!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love that show, but just not sure how many FM fans watch it.

You could be right, though..
But I think the thought is that it brought the Stevie and/or the band some NEW fans. So, it's in the set for those additional people. Maybe they'll come to this concert and keep coming in the future.

Michele
Old 10-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Review from Chicago-

First, I forgot my camera cord at work, so I have to wait until tomorrow to post pictures. We'll see how many turned out okay.

It was fantastic! I think Stevie's voice is probably the best it's been since The Dance. I was surprised by how good Rhiannon sounded. I think the biggest sing along song turned out to be Little Lies. I think Seven Wonders was the one with the least amount of crowd reaction, but nothing bad. A lot of applause for Big Love, I'm So Afraid; NGBA also turned out to be a big sing along song.
I think it's great that Little Lies is getting singalong action. Things are so evenly distributed among the 3 singers. They all have something comparable to offer, but in different ways. This has always been true, but it still amazes me.

Glad Chicago sounds like a great show as well.

Michele
Old 10-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My video of "The Chain."

More to come.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Second Hand News

You Make Loving Fun

All videos are mine.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another night, another lovely evening with Christine McVie and oh yeah, all those other people...

Photos (better than my Minneapolis photos, turns out it's better to be farther back!):

https://plus.google.com/photos/11640...47664515123953

Seven Wonders:

Songbird:

Old 10-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great show, but not crazy about the running order. Definite flow issues.

Everybody looked and sounded great, and it was especially great seeing the McVies. There's something very triumphant about those two being on the road this year.

The biggest gripe I have is Lindsey seems to be a lot more timid with his electric playing. His acoustic playing is superb, but his electric playing seemed pretty week, except on his own songs. The Chain, SYLM, Rhiannon, WT, SOTM, and OMH came off as bland and lacking, and in all cases the issue was lack of powerful electric guitar from Lindsey.

I'm also really not digging the mini-Mac. They seem more in the way than before. In my dream world, they'd retire the mini-Mac, especially Steve, who we're apparently not supposed to notice, but almost everybody not on the floor can see. Maybe keep Brett for the occasional extra guitar or keyboard part, but only sparingly.

In all, a fun night I never though I'd ever see again.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-03-2014 at 01:10 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the wonderful photos and videos!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
From the youtube clips, for me personally Little Lies was the highlight! It's the first time the full band has played it, has so much more punch than the tango tour
It sounded about the same, and I was hoping to be blown away. Lindsey's voice even sounds a little like Billy on it. That's okay, though. It was also a highlight of the 1990 tour for me. However, it's not better, per se.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-03-2014, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I Know I'm Not Wrong

Say That You Love Me

Old 10-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Last post from me for tonight, I promise.

Here are the photos I took tonight. I'll have more videos to post tomorrow, but first I need sleep!

https://plus.google.com/photos/11524...55640626794241
Old 10-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Ledgie

Back from the show! Awesome night! I really should be sleeping...oh well, the things I do for The Mac.

Christine McVie is serious magic!!!! The audience was really crazy awesome too, cheering just about everything and anything!

Here are a few instagram posts. Also I was only able to record a few videos. I've only posted "You Make Lovin' Fun" so far to YouTube.

Also I did record the whole show on audio so I am actually working on cutting that up right now and making it sound purdy. Hopefully I will have that up later today.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Great show, but not crazy about the running order. Definite flow issues.

Everybody looked and sounded great, and it was especially great seeing the McVies. There's something very triumphant about those two being on the road this year.

I'm also really not digging the mini-Mac. They seem more in the way than before. In my dream world, they'd retire the mini-Mac, especially Steve, who we're apparently not supposed to notice, but almost everybody not on the floor can see. Maybe keep Brett for the occasional extra guitar or keyboard part, but only sparingly.

In all, a fun night I never though I'd ever see again.
Interesting, because on the last tour I thought they did a great job of keeping the mini-mac mostly out of sight. You know they were there, but they weren't a visual distraction. At one brief point, the back curtain opened slightly, and I saw a support drummer who wasn't even on stage.

I hate admit it, but the mini mac are vital component that make their live performances so strong musically and vocally. They smooth over the rough edges.

I am glad I got to see them on their Mirage tour, where the only limited support might have been Lindsey's guitar tech providing acoustic guitar. They were were averaging in their late thirties then.

Concerts and expectations were very different then. Expenses are higher and corporations are now heavily invested. It's all about Wall Street. Audiences also now expect a slicker show now, especially since ticket prices average $150 to $400 and upward. My Mirage ticket was $35 (including service fees). It's another world now. In the sixties, you would pay $3 to $6 to see a show.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-03-2014 at 03:21 AM..
Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Ledgie

You Make Lovin' Fun
Old 10-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Thank you!!!

Thank you to all of you guys out there who put up clips, pics and reviews of the shows. I am sitting here in Sweden with so far no tickets for any shows since I have to cross the Atlantic in order to get to any of the concerts and at this point I have no possibility to do that.

I am 6 hours a head of EST time and the first thing i do every morning after a concert is to check the ledge for the latest on last nights concert. It is soo much fun.

On the last tour the highlight was to check out the latest Without you intro

Don't know yet what this tour's highlight is going to be....

After seeing all the clips from the opening show it almost seems like both Stevie and Lindsey is keeping a somewhat low key to give Christine enough "space" and attention considering that the two of them are used owning the stage and running the show. Now that you see how it is WITH Christine being back it is as if Stevie and Lindsey (especially Stevie) used to feel that they had to "be so much more" in order to fill the space caused by Christine not being there. This time it is Fleetwood Mac the band on tour NOT the Stevie and Lindsey show.....

With that being said....I REALLY like what I have seen on youtube and I am sooo incredibly jealous of all of you that get to go to the shows. I think they sound terrific together. LOVE to hear Stevie and Christine singing harmonies. I think Stevies voice is the best it has been in a looong time. Sounds amazing!

I love the Chicago clip of Seven Wonders, look how relaxed and HAPPY Stevie is!!!! Definately my favorite clip so far. You can see how she really is enjoying herself, being relaxed and smiling. Love it!!!!

Turned out to be a longer post than planned but since I rarely post I guess I had it coming

Last edited by Angie1980; 10-03-2014 at 03:21 AM..