Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy Ticket Prices Frustration & Complaints

I've been following responses to the news that FM is touring and the excitement that people have purchased tickets. I'm somewhat confused. Doesn't the price of the tickets have anyone other than me a little angry. I've been a fan for almost 40 years ( yes I am old, like the Mac themselves). I am a professional but I can't see the value in paying 800+ for a two hour show. When I saw FM in the 70's, I paid under $10 (I still have my ticket stub) for what I know was and will always a better show than what they can put on now. I understand inflation and higher costs but enough. This is just one more way that this country is going to hell in a hand-basket when the elitists are now running rock and roll.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is so sad. The reality is that they will charge what they think people will pay for tickets. I've never seen advertising for their shows this far in advance and seeing it on tv a few times a day tells me they want to get the cash flowing. And flow it will... as much as I would like to see the fab 5 back on stage, the Mirage DVD is a much more cost effective way to see them in their (while near the end of) prime.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCANELOS View Post
I've been following responses to the news that FM is touring and the excitement that people have purchased tickets. I'm somewhat confused. Doesn't the price of the tickets have anyone other than me a little angry. I've been a fan for almost 40 years ( yes I am old, like the Mac themselves). I am a professional but I can't see the value in paying 800+ for a two hour show. When I saw FM in the 70's, I paid under $10 (I still have my ticket stub) for what I know was and will always a better show than what they can put on now. I understand inflation and higher costs but enough. This is just one more way that this country is going to hell in a hand-basket when the elitists are now running rock and roll.
IT SUCKS! and reminds me of this ..27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

the price is what people are willing to spend and it's only going to go higher.
I can easily afford 2 front row from stub hub and not sacrifice for it but I won't, no one is worth that and and if I couldn't the thought of putting myself into debt to see a group of aging rock stars puts me off I like them I have been to every tour since Rumours( i skipped SYWtour felt it was past what i am "willing " to spendback then ) but for 200 dollars or more I want to be touched inappropriately!

I swore off the arena shows after last year's tour everyone is out to out do each other Motley Crue has set the bar at $3,999.00 for their farewell tour I'm DONE .

Last edited by olive; 04-05-2014 at 07:29 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm relieved to see these sentiments because I was wondering if I were alone. I haven't missed an FM or SN concert in years and years--I always support them-- but these ticket prices just have me a little irked. And, as others have said, it's not the money; it's the principle. I (ALMOST) always travel for these shows, so it's fun and it's an event, but there's also considerable expense involved. Again...no big deal because it's one of the things I like and choose to do. I like to travel, I like to visit Relais and Chateaux properties, and I like to go to FM & SN concerts; HOWEVER, $1000.00 for tickets? No, I'm not doing that. It seems a little vulgar.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/what-s-b...ices-1.1406115

Fleetwood Mac mentioned in this video report.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered

so a 16 year old has cut off of $650

"At first, we only spent $350. Then, the next time, we spent $450," 16-year-old Bieber fan Cara Corbett and her best friend Tyra Bright told CBC News.

"This year, it was like $650 and I was like 'I'm done ... I'm not spending any more.'"

Last edited by olive; 04-05-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why don't you just buy tickets with the regular on-sales that happen on Monday? Just because a few people here bought VIP tickets doesn't mean there aren't any left! I wouldn't pay $750 either but nobody has to, to see the show. Something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Free marketplace. FM didn't invent that.

Who cares if you're not in the first 5 rows? I don't get that obsession. Just enjoy the show. It's like being on an airplane--everyone gets there at the same time no matter what you paid to fly.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I cut my 16 year old off at $200 last One Direction tour..she accepted it and seemed to understand. She will not be seeing them on their Stadium tour this year. She went with me to the MAC last year in the 5th row and said "I can't believe how good these seats are for so cheap". I laughed and thought Wow she thinks $190.00 each was cheap. I remember some great MAC concerts I went to in 82, 87, 90 etc that were all less than $35 bucks.

Here is another online article:

http://www.today.com/news/why-you-ca...rts-6C10505415
Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Why don't you just buy tickets with the regular on-sales that happen on Monday? Just because a few people here bought VIP tickets doesn't mean there aren't any left! I wouldn't pay $750 either but nobody has to, to see the show. Something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay for it. Free marketplace. FM didn't invent that.

Who cares if you're not in the first 5 rows? I don't get that obsession. Just enjoy the show. It's like being on an airplane--everyone gets there at the same time no matter what you paid to fly.
because those seat will be priced the floor to the middle and up the side lodge/ club seats will all be at PLATINUM PRICES the last few rows and the back of the arena will be at regular prices i am not paying for bragging rights or to fill an emptiness with in just for a chance at a decent seat

didn't you say you get your tickets for free ?

Last edited by olive; 04-05-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Old 04-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Free marketplace. FM didn't invent that.
And we didn't invent refusing to pay prices we deem excessive.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You know what is worse than this? Nosebleed seats for Miley Cyrus are $200. That is what disgusts me. Fleetwood Mac is a legendary band, classic rock n roll royalty, it's appropriate that their prices are a little high, but for Miley Cyrus? You have got to be kidding me. I'm in my 20s and I hate contemporary music it is terrible. I wish more people could see that.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
You know what is worse than this? Nosebleed seats for Miley Cyrus are $200. That is what disgusts me. Fleetwood Mac is a legendary band, classic rock n roll royalty, it's appropriate that their prices are a little high, but for Miley Cyrus? You have got to be kidding me. I'm in my 20s and I hate contemporary music it is terrible. I wish more people could see that.
Good point~THIS does seem like a sign of the apocalypse.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to hear anyone in the band talk about needing money after this.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
And we didn't invent refusing to pay prices we deem excessive.
yup. last night i saw some great seats pop up for FM show in my area, lower bowl. i put 2 in the cart. $400+. nah. couldn't pull the trigger.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the elitists are now running rock and roll.
well, r'n'r is 60 years old.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"