User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Registered

$tart $aving
Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 PM

I'm going to put $25 a week away until the tour. I'll have to figure out what I'm not going to spend $25 on, but maybe I'll eat in more.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting, they all seemed so careful not to say anything final publicly so far. i guess this means summer tour will be with Christine?

what was the response from the audience?
Audience honestly didn't seem to care that much. I mean a few people did but I went nuts, obviously and people kinda looked at me weird. It was very much more of a locals in lawn chairs kinda crowd even though there were several thousand people there.

I took a picture during Songbird though it didn't come out super amazing:

No balls!

Willie K also started talking about having jammed with Mick and Mick said he didn't remember that. Willie K then said "well we jammed it's not my fault if you don't remember!" Was pretty funny.

Mick played with them on ZZ Top's "Thunderbird" "Sharp Dressed Man" "La Grange" and they did a cover of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" which was also amusing. They did another song I wasn't sure what it was if it was a blues standard or a ZZ song, not sure.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
It was very much more of a locals in lawn chairs kinda crowd even though there were several thousand people there.

they did a cover of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" which was also amusing.
Several thousand? I thought it was a restaurant crowd of maybe 30 people or so?

Don't tell Stevie they performed that Nancy Sinatra song. Michele, I bet you think that Mick read it here first and then got the idea to do it, ey?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Several thousand? I thought it was a restaurant crowd of maybe 30 people or so?

Don't tell Stevie they performed that Nancy Sinatra song. Michele, I bet you think that Mick read it here first and then got the idea to do it, ey?
Nope, it was much bigger than that, and outdoor. It was at Tropical Plantation, and they set up a pretty big stage and pretty big area. This is their first event and they want to set this place up as "the Maui event place" for future larger shows. It's a beautiful setting. I don't think they were expecting as many people as showed up-- they ran out of food. I think it was probably around 3,000 people really. So much moving around with the set up that it was a bit hard to tell. I had a good spot up about 5 people back.

Apparently Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top does Boots quite a bit. I looked it up on youtube and his stuff came up.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
$tart $aving
Right? I hope there are many more tours and albums but let's face it. "The time will take it's toll upon us all..." Let's do this FM!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Viv, I am really surprised by the Boots selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
Audience honestly didn't seem to care that much. I mean a few people did but I went nuts, obviously and people kinda looked at me weird. It was very much more of a locals in lawn chairs kinda crowd even though there were several thousand people there.
Thank you Aprilsrain.

Michele
Old 01-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Ledgie

Unbelievable... I'm speechless. Wonderful!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

The Five Fireflies!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's... GREAT!!!!!

But how?? in a new album? (probably) a tour (less probably) ??
Old 01-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Haha... it doesn't much matter to me either way. Whether the spark for her return began in Maui, or London, or on a psychologist's couch, I'm just thrilled she's coming back to us.
I just meant the spark was started in an accountant's office...

But, yeah - it doesn't matter now. We're hitting the road!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just meant the spark was started in an accountant's office...

But, yeah - it doesn't matter now. We're hitting the road!
Do you think any of this was for money? I wondered that myself, but doesn't seem like she needs any with her lifestyle. But one should never rule anything out.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Do you think any of this was for money? I wondered that myself, but doesn't seem like she needs any with her lifestyle. But one should never rule anything out.
Yes, I think she was offered a sweet deal for one more go round. Like I said, I don't understand the strategy exactly, unless it is for one last "Fleetwood Mac" album with her.

And, I am sad - not because of Christine, but the timing sucks. They had it all perfectly set up for a Buckingham Nicks release. This messes that up in my mind. Except obviously the marketing is different now. Stevie let that out when she talked about Grohl encouraging her to release her IYD movie - it gave her album another push. I would have thought it should have all been released together. So, she probably did get more life out of it that way.

All we can do is wait and see what happens next. I do look forward to new music.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yes, I think she was offered a sweet deal for one more go round. Like I said, I don't understand the strategy exactly, unless it is for one last "Fleetwood Mac" album with her.

And, I am sad - not because of Christine, but the timing sucks. They had it all perfectly set up for a Buckingham Nicks release. This messes that up in my mind. Except obviously the marketing is different now. Stevie let that out when she talked about Grohl encouraging her to release her IYD movie - it gave her album another push. I would have thought it should have all been released together. So, she probably did get more life out of it that way.

All we can do is wait and see what happens next. I do look forward to new music.
Great timing for Christine: More money, gets to get back into it after a long vacation.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It has been reported that CM sold everything including her songs when she quit the band and moved back to the UK...So the question is if she sold the copyrights to her songs does she still get royalty checks for anything??? Taxes are steep in the UK and if she's not making any money from the songs she wrote then that large nest egg she started with may now be tiny...There's almost a 100% chance this is about money...Christine may be board but she's not going to work for free...