User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick's new book: 'Play On: Now, Then and Fleetwood Mac'

Hello all,

This might have been posted already - I know there's been some discussion about a possible new tome from Mick, but this seems to confirm it - I was browsing Amazon today and saw this listing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Play-Now-The...=fleetwood+mac

It seems legitimate - Little, Brown are a fairly heavyweight publishers. Due in a year's time - rather a premature listing. And what a cumbersome title!

There's a lot of new ground for him to go over, but perhaps nothing as meaty as the old news. I wonder if he'll use Stephen Davis to ghost it again?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I assume this is the book that Mick has no idea that exists when he was asked at a recent Meet & Greet?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, hopefully that's a working title and settle for something a little less... blah.

We also better get a new album before then, cuz god knows once Stevie reads it all bets are out the window!
Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Supposedly the book will be focusing on Mick's childhood up until the present, including but not limited to his interaction with John Mayall, his friendship with George Harrison, his relationship with Stevie, and behind the scenes stories from the current Fleetwood Mac tour.

I'm far more interested in the 2013 stories than I am anything else he could possibly talk about.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Supposedly the book will be focusing on Mick's childhood up until the present, including but not limited to his interaction with John Mayall, his friendship with George Harrison, his relationship with Stevie, and behind the scenes stories from the current Fleetwood Mac tour.

I'm far more interested in the 2013 stories than I am anything else he could possibly talk about.
"Behind the scenes"? Like them on the plane telling Stevie to shorten the WY intro every night?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
"Behind the scenes"? Like them on the plane telling Stevie to shorten the WY intro every night?
Perhaps. Or Stevie tripping over Sulamith earlier in the tour.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps. Or Stevie tripping over Sulamith earlier in the tour.
Really? I want a little pup but as fast as I move I'm afraid one of us would get hurt! What happened?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Really? I want a little pup but as fast as I move I'm afraid one of us would get hurt! What happened?
Earlier in the year, at one point Stevie was sort of hobbling around a bit more than usual and holding her back and stuff. Mick told people in the Meet and Greet (I believe? Or maybe it was an interview.. but I think a M&G) that she had tripped over her dog. Basically it just got under her feet but I guess she ended up falling pretty bad.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default When is Mick coming out with this new book I've been hearing about?

Like he really needs the money.A true glutten for punishment after the way the band responded to his last effort(especially Stevie).Even though she has spoken openly about alot of personal things,I'm sure we don't know the half of it.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

I finished reading Mick's 1990 autobiography yesterday. Took me one and a half days to read it. I couldn't put it down, I wanted to know more about how they've got to where they are now etc. I feel as though I only have one side of the story now though, I need MORE. I like Mick and could have listened to him talk for hours at the M&G, I was fascinated. This is what the autobio felt like for me - like I was at the best lock-in in the world! (think lock-in might be british slang? not sure!)

Got it off amazon UK for about £5 - BARGAIN OF MY LIFE (bar the free ticket I was given by a friend to watch FM in London 25/09) Anyway...it came in the post on Saturday - First Edition, no jacket and a letter inside which is not dated but I assume must have been written some time ago because nobody sends letters these days. I don't really have a clue who the letter is written to of from even though it is signed by someone and I can make out what it reads I won't jump to any conclusions.

When I saw this advertised on Amazon I thought THANK GOD! Although I think I was at the M&G where he said he didn't even know about this new book.

Since I couldn't find anything to confirm this new autobiography, I decided to purchase Jenny Boyd's new (is it new? or based on an old book she wrote in the 80s, i'm not sure) Well, I thought it might be pretty cool to read so I bought it.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wonder if he would add any behind the scenes stories from the current tour. Just like you, I would love to hear some stories from the 2013 tour, but I kinda think that, that could upset Lindsey or Stevie or both and if he wants a new Fleetwood Mac CD before he dies, then he needs to keep everyone happy.

I do think he might clear up some of those "inaccuracies" from the first book that he mentioned a few years ago. I would be interested in reading his perspective on the band's past history now that he's clean and can think clearly.

Last edited by Deeshere; 10-14-2013 at 08:13 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, looks like I'm wrong. I guess Mick is suppose to give some behind the scenes stories of the band's 2013 tour in his new book. Which is why I suppose the book doesn't come out until October 2014, because he's still writing it as we speak.

I found this on FM News:

Mick Fleetwood's relationship w/ Stevie Nicks detailed in his NEW Autobiography by @HodderBooks and @littlebrown

The full and intimate autobiography of the legendary Mick Fleetwood:
The only original remaining member of super group Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood's book spans his chequered 40 year career as one of rock's greatest drummers and co-founder of the notorious group that bears his name. In this candid portrait of a life lived in music, Mick Fleetwood describes growing up in Cornwall, Egypt and Norway where his obsession with drumming began, to his early days as a musician in Sixties London gigging with the Yardbirds and learning the blues from John Mayall. Among other subjects, Mick's close relationship with George Harrison, his marriage to Jenny Boyd and his relationship with Stevie Nicks are revealed. Including behind-the-scenes moments from Fleetwood Mac's sell out 2013 tour, his memoir sheds new light on Fleetwood's history as well as personal insights from a man who has been a major player in blues and rock n' roll since his teens. Mick describes the multiple incarnations of Fleetwood Mac: the early successes, the creative collaborations and confrontations, the intense loves and destructive feuds. Drugs, bankruptcy, madness and heartbreak frequently threatened to end it all, but through sheer love and determination one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time has endured.

Release Date: September/October, 2014
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton Ltd (UK and AU) | Little Brown and Company (US and CA)
Country of origin: United Kingdom
Pages: 320

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...-w-stevie.html
Old 10-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When did Cornwall move to Egypt?
Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
When did Cornwall move to Egypt?
And, the way I read it, there's a Cornwall in Norway, too!
Old 09-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Bookseller, September 6, 2014 by Sarah Shaffi

[click to see the cover picture of Mick. He looks kind of handsome]

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/fl...hy-hodder.html

Hodder & Stoughton will publish the autobiography of singer Mick Fleetwood this autumn.

Non-fiction publisher Hannah Black acquired world rights in a joint deal with Little, Brown US from Lisa Gallagher at Sanford J Greenburger Associates.

The autobiography, titled Play On and written with Anthony Bozza, will span Fleetwood’s 40-year career as a drummer and as the co-founder of Fleetwood Mac.

Described as a “candid portrait”, the book will describe Fleetwood’s early days as a musician in 1960s London and “shed new light on Fleetwood Mac’s history”.

Fleetwood, who will do a UK book tour in November, said: “After 46 years of being on the road, now is the right time to look back in a way I’ve never done before: now and then.”

Black said: “Mick Fleetwood has been at the helm of one of the biggest and most loved bands of our time for over 40 years. His autobiography promises to be as gloriously rich and tumultuous as Fleetwood Mac’s own chequered life.”

Play On will be published as a hardback, e-book and audiobook on 30th October.