User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
But we need to keep in mind that the quotes from this article are taken out of context from a conversation that Lindsey had with Stevie. And the analysis written is all based on speculation on her part. Christine isn't the type who would just "come and go", but Stevie would probably be on board with such a scenario if it were to come up, and it's Stevie that Lindsey was responding to. We don't know the whole conversation that Lindsey and Stevie had, but these quotes are not necessarily Lindsey's complete feelings on the entire situation.
This is why we need Lindsey's, and if we can, Christine's sides of the story. Hopefully they both give their POV so we get a grasp of the full context of this whole "Prodigal Pianist" saga.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with the majority here - Lindsey's concerns are null and void. We're talking about a band that only does the nostalgia circuit. A band that has little to no interest in performing new material. A band that shows little to no interest in even *recording* new material.

Given those circumstance, and given that Christine can probably play these songs with one eye closed, one hand behind her back, and half awake while drunk, she should absolutley be able to come and go as she pleases on stage.

If this were a young band with a long future ahead of them, or even a band that is actively recording and defining their current 'sound' and touring to promote that material, then I'd be on the other side.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I'm with the majority here - Lindsey's concerns are null and void. We're talking about a band that only does the nostalgia circuit. A band that has little to no interest in performing new material. A band that shows little to no interest in even *recording* new material.
Lindsey doesn't see it that way. Most of us see it that way. Stevie probably sees it that way. But I don't think Lindsey does. I think he fights the nostalgia-act label to the best of his ability. After all, he wanted to a release a new Mac album this year, he recorded many songs for it, and an EP was released instead as a compromise on his part. And out of the 4 new songs they released this year, two of them are being performed on tour.

But yes, those who look at it differently are no doubt much more relaxed about the whole idea.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Lindsey doesn't see it that way. Most of us see it that way. Stevie probably sees it that way. But I don't think Lindsey does. I think he fights the nostalgia-act label to the best of his ability. After all, he wanted to a release a new Mac album this year, he recorded many songs for it, and an EP was released instead as a compromise on his part. And out of the 4 new songs they released this year, two of them are being performed on tour.

But yes, those who look at it differently are no doubt much more relaxed about the whole idea.
Right. I don't mean to bash Lindsey's concerns or his work making this four-piece work. It's just that he's only one....and as much as I believe he wants to make FM work, and as much as I believe he wants to record more and tour more and play new songs...I just don't see it happening without concessions being made for Christine.

And how weird is it that they have held on to these new songs the whole tour? I'm pretty sure many of us expected them to be dropped four or five shows in.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And how weird is it that they have held on to these new songs the whole tour? I'm pretty sure many of us expected them to be dropped four or five shows in.
I think it's great. Both songs work really well live, and Sad Angel especially fits into the Mac canon with ease. You'd never know it wasn't a minor hit from days gone by. That they haven't been dropped is a pleasant surprise to me. And I pretty much hated the whole EP release.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right. I don't mean to bash Lindsey's concerns or his work making this four-piece work. It's just that he's only one....and as much as I believe he wants to make FM work, and as much as I believe he wants to record more and tour more and play new songs...I just don't see it happening without concessions being made for Christine.

Same. He genuinely wants to keep the band together (perhaps the only one who want that more than he does is Mick), but while I'm glad he's starting to mellow out and improving the attitude, he's still got a long way to go. Deep down, they all know they need Christine (and Christine needs them). They all just need to sit down and communicate all these concerns after the tour.

Perhaps, if all goes well, they can leverage the Vegas gig as a way of fully welcoming her back into the fold, but that's just me. Just like The Dance was for Lindsey.

And yes, it's a wonder they held out those songs for so long. Not really digging the EP either.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 12:52 PM

.........and the rumours are flyin............
Old 09-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and as much as I believe he wants to make FM work, and as much as I believe he wants to record more and tour more and play new songs...I just don't see it happening without concessions being made for Christine.
If he actually wanted a new album, he could easily get one by working with Christine. WB would back that and Stevie would back that and I think Christine would agree and would have agreed in SYW, if she didn't have to tour. If he's not interested, well no album. He can stop talking about it wistfully then.

He wants an album with him and Stevie, but fans don't want that and neither does Stevie from what I can see. He actually got his way more with Christine in the band, because she actually sides with him, increasing his leverage. If he hasn't realized that in all this time, I guess he never will.

As far as his comments about this tour appearance, it's true we haven't heard his side of it and we haven't even heard all of Stevie's side. Maybe she will elaborate more in Mojo. Also, I don't even know why she's saying this to Mojo. I question her motives. But I have feared what she said in my mind ever since she said Christine would only be doing one song two nights.
I suspected Lindsey was the reason and it troubled me. I've been troubled all along. There was one interview months back, after Hawaii, where Lindsey said Christine was never returning to the band Christine but could come up and do one song or whatever she wanted and I thought "aha" because I wanted that comment to be true. I wanted her to have carte blanche to do whatever she wanted in London (not come and go the whole tour) and I was afraid he wouldn't allow that and I thought, "Oh I will hold you to that, LB." What she did in Hawaii showed me she was game to do more with FM, since she did more with Mick's own band, who she hadn't worked with during her pinnacle years.

I don't trust most of what Stevie says and hardly think she can explain Lindsey's rationalization without getting some things wrong, but if she's correct, Christine wasn't going to change his stupid setlist. She could just sit in on the songs. She could just do World Turning and then play unobtrusively on his and Stevie's songs.

By her not performing the first night, then all the reviews would be about him and Stevie anyway. All Christine would do the second and third nights is give them another burst of publicity, which her appearance last night IS doing.

For BTM, he came and did Landslide, GYOW and even Tear it Up with the boys, Rick and Billy, who had more to complain about him being there than he has to complain about Christine being there. There are five of them in the eyes and ears of most of the world. He can't live long enough to change that.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If he actually wanted a new album, he could easily get one by working with Christine. WB would back that and Stevie would back that and I think Christine would agree and would have agreed in SYW, if she didn't have to tour. If he's not interested, well no album. He can stop talking about it wistfully then.

He wants an album with him and Stevie, but fans don't want that and neither does Stevie from what I can see. He actually got his way more with Christine in the band, because she actually sides with him, increasing his leverage. If he hasn't realized that in all this time, I guess he never will.

As far as his comments about this tour appearance, it's true we haven't heard his side of it and we haven't even heard all of Stevie's side. Maybe she will elaborate more in Mojo. Also, I don't even know why she's saying this to Mojo. I question her motives. But I have feared what she said in my mind ever since she said Christine would only be doing one song two nights.
I suspected Lindsey was the reason and it troubled me. I've been troubled all along. There was one interview months back, after Hawaii, where Lindsey said Christine was never returning to the band Christine but could come up and do one song or whatever she wanted and I thought "aha" because I wanted that comment to be true. I wanted her to have carte blanche to do whatever she wanted in London (not come and go the whole tour) and I was afraid he wouldn't allow that and I thought, "Oh I will hold you to that, LB." What she did in Hawaii showed me she was game to do more with FM, since she did more with Mick's own band, who she hadn't worked with during her pinnacle years.

I don't trust most of what Stevie says and hardly think she can explain Lindsey's rationalization without getting some things wrong, but if she's correct, Christine wasn't going to change his stupid setlist. She could just sit in on the songs. She could just do World Turning and then play unobtrusively on his and Stevie's songs.

By her not performing the first night, then all the reviews would be about him and Stevie anyway. All Christine would do the second and third nights is give them another burst of publicity, which her appearance last night IS doing.

For BTM, he came and did Landslide, GYOW and even Tear it Up with the boys, Rick and Billy, who had more to complain about him being there than he has to complain about Christine being there. There are five of them in the eyes and ears of most of the world. He can't live long enough to change that.

Michele
I love this whole post.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM

Well what gets me if he really did say... "She can't just come and go as she pleases"

Really? Does that sound like Christine McVie??

I mean that indicates to me that Christine somehow suggested that she:
A. Wants back in. or B. Was going to tag along like a full time member in London. or C. Mick and Stevie are suggesting Christine gets carte blanche.

He made the comment a while back that Christine's songs didn't come off well live. I couldn't disagree more especially after watching this youtube. I think her voice sounded fantastic, and the keyboards were that quirky sound that I love. Her Mirage stuff didn't come off very well live, but how many Lindsey Mirage songs do they do? Eyes of the World...

I think and still believe today that LB is finally running what's left of FMac, and enjoying being looked upon as male and doesn't want to battle with female. He has never really liked sharing the spotlight with 2 women and probably never will. To him, I think it doesn't matter that he himself has left the band too, it makes no matter that he himself joined them on stage after he left the band, and it doesn't matter that he rejoined FM and has done mostly nostalgia music with them in the last 15 years.
But.... I also believe that deep down inside he loved seeing Christine there as much as we did. Don't worry Lindsey, you have 48 out of 50 dates to shine and get your ya ya's out.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-26-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I think and still believe today that LB is finally running what's left of FMac, and enjoying being looked upon as male and doesn't want to battle with female. He has never really liked sharing the spotlight with 2 women and probably never will.
I think Lindsey got to do what he wanted during most of FM. As Christine said in the Best Buy interview, they all form a bed on which Lindsey can roll around and do what he likes. So, I don't think he had to battle with her that much when she was there. I think he was upset that she left, didn't think she would stay away when they started doing SYW and kind of had an attitude of, "Well if she wants to be out of the band, that's what she gets" after that.

In fact, Stevie actually said that in one interview, "If that's what Christine wants, that what she's going to get" and I think it was a verbal expression of Lindsey's viewpoint. Stevie said it, but it sounded like Lindsey to me. Like Christine made her exit and now she's going to lie in it.

If she wanted to come back touring and recording, then I think he would want that. But I don't think he wants anything less and would rather continue with what he and Stevie have carved out in the interim years without Christine.

I feel he's shooting himself in the foot.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A. Lindsey is such a dick for doing that

B. Stevie is almost as bad for revealing this at least so soon. Painting lindsey in such a bad public light.

I don't know how many breaking bad fans there are on the ledge, but for those who are you know how one of the main on going arcs is the relationship between Walt and Jesse going back and forth and every season there's that one event that severs the 2 of them from each other and turns them into enemies, well this article is that moment that I believe will be reversing the recent Stevie/Lindsey reconciliation.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-26-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Lindsey got to do what he wanted during most of FM. As Christine said in the Best Buy interview, they all form a bed on which Lindsey can roll around and do what he likes. So, I don't think he had to battle with her that much when she was there. I think he was upset that she left, didn't think she would stay away when they started doing SYW and kind of had an attitude of, "Well if she wants to be out of the band, that's what she gets" after that.

In fact, Stevie actually said that in one interview, "If that's what Christine wants, that what she's going to get" and I think it was a verbal expression of Lindsey's viewpoint. Stevie said it, but it sounded like Lindsey to me. Like Christine made her exit and now she's going to lie in it.

If she wanted to come back touring and recording, then I think he would want that. But I don't think he wants anything less and would rather continue with what he and Stevie have carved out in the interim years without Christine.

I feel he's shooting himself in the foot.

Michele
It just smells of a bit of hypocrisy. Especially since they had the Tango tour booked and he backed out. And then after they worked on BTM, he came and guested. (Remember the reviews all talked about his appearance.)

I understand his reasons and I was glad back then that FM continued on without him. I think he is shooting himself in the foot too. He needs a breath of fresh keyboards and vocals. In my opinion, that EP sounds tired.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

I don't know how many breaking bad fans there are on the ledge, but for those who are you know how one of the main on going arcs is the relationship between Walt and Jesse going back and forth and every season there's that one event that severs the 2 of them from each other and turns them into enemies, well this article is that moment that I believe will be reversing the recent Stevie/Lindsey reconciliation.
Um, I don't know what to say, because I don't know if either Walt or Jesse will kill each other -- if Jesse's already dead, don't tell me. IDWTK. Anyway, I hope we've gotten past the point where Stevie and Lindsey will murder one another. In fact, they acknowledged that in their SYW Mojo interview that it was a relief (and a surprise) to not have murdered.

I'm behind on Breaking Bad. I can't catch up before the finale and I don't see how I can stop myself from being spoiled. You can't even go to a restaurant without hearing someone discuss the show and the internet is completely awash in it.

I bow to you Vince Gilligan. But I've loved you long before Breaking Bad was even a gleam in your eye. Please write something for Mulder and Scully. You are so hot right now, if you are behind an X-Files movie, you can get the funding for it. Please complete my life, Vince. I love you.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 04:13 PM

The last Break Bad ep had me lying on the floor in the fetal position. Wow, is that show intense..