Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is wonderful, thank you.

I wonder if this means we are getting full versions of the extras (like Keep Me There) or just the ones we've gotten on the reissues before. Probably not.

Mic the Screecher. They ought to be ashamed of putting that on again.

Michele
Old 12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another Rumours??? As I said in other thread, Rumours is my favorite album, but enough is enough. More outttakes from the Rumours sessions? Or worse, the same ones released in 2004?? I think they have forgotten their other albums. Tango, Mirage (never re-released), the White. and of course Tusk. Sure there are also live recordings from the Tusk or Mirage tours not included in the 1980 Live album. But noooooo... it has to be.. RUMOURS!!!

The UK page looks a bit more interesting but what will include the (US 3-discs) "expanded" edition?? Anyway, sorry I don't find it wonderful. I just find they are enclosed in Rumours, are they underrating themselves?? (about the rest of their work).

It so ironic when I read Mick's book about his thoughts during 1978:

Fleetwood Mac now found itself whipped by backlash of all stripes. First there was the general backlash that perennially affects rock music's biggest acts. Ask Michael Jackson, Madonna, U2, Bruce Springsteen. How do you follow, let alone top, the best work you've ever done in your life, work that almost killed you to complete?

I guess they never asked anybody :S

Last edited by Villavic; 12-09-2012 at 11:37 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Another Rumours??? As I said in other thread, Rumours is my favorite album, but enough is enough. More outttakes from the Rumours sessions? Or worse, the same ones released in 2004?? I think they have forgotten their other albums. Tango, Mirage (never re-released), the White. and of course Tusk. Sure there are also live recordings from the Tusk or Mirage tours not included in the 1980 Live album.
maybe this will help:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...e-97e3d1cb867d

Let’s talk about the new music coming out. There’s another deluxe “Rumours” package coming out with more unreleased stuff. After the DVD-A and the previous deluxe release what’s left in the vaults for that?

“You’re asking the wrong guy (laughs). I probably shouldn’t be saying this, but it’s a marketing thing. I don’t have much invested in that. What my function is when these things come out – someone else finds this stuff, finds stuff that hasn’t come out before. Then it’s my job to make sure it’s OK, that it’s something I’m comfortable with… that the whole thing makes sense or even relates to the ‘Rumours’ album. Having said that I’m not a fan of repackaging things over and over again. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if this package didn’t come out, let’s leave it at that.”

It’s frustrating to fans to get that again while the surround-sound mix of “Tusk” is still sitting in the vaults.

We did it! Getting Warner Brothers to put it out is another matter. And getting the band to want to put it out. That was my baby and there’s a certain subtext of it being the undermining factor of the brand. Maybe there’s a certain sublime level of suppression going on – not that anyone’s sitting around saying that, it’s just not on anybody’s A-list of things to do (laughs).”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's an article/press release, with purty pictures (the same ones from the amazon listings):

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...-disc-box-set/

I'm excited for the two versions of "Keep Me There," Stevie's demo of "The Chain," and the duet version of "Doesn't Anything Last." The pièce de résistance, however, is definitely the Rosebud DVD.

I wonder if the live disc is culled from a single show, or if it's a "best of the Rumours tour" kind of deal. I'm also wondering if the Rosebud DVD will include the "Don't Stop" and "Dreams" promo clips (which were also shot by Michael Collins and his Rosebud Films production company).
Old 12-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I honestly can't wait to hear Stevie's demo of the chain and the SN/LB version of Doesn't Anything Last. I'd buy it just for that honestly.

And the Rosebud DVD is a nice plus, too.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So is the only way to get then Rosebud DVD is to buy the 6 disc set?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm excited for this! But confused on the 3 disc version. The photo looks like one of the discs is a dvd (dvd logo on the disc) which means the 3 disc version would be the album, the live tracks cd + the Rosebud DVD... No?
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like to buy the live cd, the new out takes cd and the Rosebud DVD? I don't think that's an option.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
I'm excited for this! But confused on the 3 disc version. The photo looks like one of the discs is a dvd (dvd logo on the disc) which means the 3 disc version would be the album, the live tracks cd + the Rosebud DVD... No?
Yeah, that's definitely confusing. I'm wondering if, A) the original intention was to include the DVD in the 3-disc set and the photo mistakenly corresponds with that; B) the contents of the 3-disc set initially matched the info given to press but they decided to include the DVD at the last minute instead; or C) the DVD being displayed in the photo is just a big ol' tusk-up on someone's part. (My money's on C.)

Like BLY, the new outtakes and live discs, and the DVD are the draws for me. And I imagine that's true for most every diehard.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I honestly can't wait to hear Stevie's demo of the chain and the SN/LB version of Doesn't Anything Last. I'd buy it just for that honestly.

Me too, their voices will no doubt be stunning as this was Stevie's prime period in terms of her high notes and harmonizing consistency. I too will buy the set just for that, and dueting on Never Going Back Again will have us all wishing it was the version used on the album. I would be excited about a white album box set too if I knew there was a Mac working version of Sorcerer in the vault somewhere.

I wonder if we've now finally got "all" of Rumours and there won't be a 50th anniversary version

Last edited by On Ice; 12-09-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It does look a bit irresistable. I smell a collection in the making ... Everything They Ever Released or Published Having to do with the Album Rumours. Don't get me wrong, I do love the album - but why do I allow myself to keep buying these things?!?! Now if Janie Hendrix, et al. would do the same with Electric Ladyland, I'd be in Hog Heaven!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

I've known about the Rosebud film for about thirty years now, but I don't know what's on it. Has anyone ever bothered to post the tracklist, or any other information about it?

Thanks,
GJK
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The 3-disc one is $22.50 and the UK one is over $100 after conversion. I think we will get another listing for the US that is comparable to the 6 disc one. I'm guessing there will be two items up for sale here.

Michele
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
The pièce de résistance, however, is definitely the Rosebud DVD.
I have that somewhere already in good quality: I think VH-1 showed it in 1998, in the wake of the reunion hooha. So I'm a little more interested in this live CD. What is it? (Rhetorical question.) They've leaked a bunch of soundboard concerts already, so I hope it isn't one of those. Besides, I can't believe that this package would sell a soundboard—it would instead be a traditional taping of front-of-hall levels and audience noise.

There was a lot of 1977 stuff on the 1980 live album, so even though a lot of time has passed, I'm sure the record label can get its hands on more of that.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJK View Post
I've known about the Rosebud film for about thirty years now, but I don't know what's on it. Has anyone ever bothered to post the tracklist, or any other information about it?

Thanks,
GJK
Search the ledge archives for really thorough details. It's a 30-minute promotional film that has soundstage and outdoor concert live footage, plus chit-chat. It's on grainy film, and the indoor stuff is very dark. Parts of it were used in dozens of other TV documentaries and commercials over the years, and I think it's the film that was played for Soviet officials in 1978 when the band was arranging a short tour in the Soviet Union.

Rhiannon (soundstage)
You Make Loving Fun (soundstage)
Say You Love Me (soundstage)
Go Your Own Way (soundstage)
World Turning (concert)
I'm So Afraid (concert)
Over My Head (concert)

The concert footage is supposed to be from spring 1976 Campus Stadium at University of CA Santa Barbara.

moviekinks.blogspot.com