Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Ledgie

Default BB King & Peter Green tapes

Here is a quote from Christopher Hjort's Strange Brew, dated Tuesday 29th April 1969, reputedly made by Doreen Pettifer, secretary of Mayall fan club when B.B. King asked Peter to jam with him on stage at the Free Trade Hall :-
'Come on Peter, show us what you can do,' said B.B.- and Peter did in no uncertain terms! From his guitar came a cascade of notes to shame any guitarist playing blues. It was as if he had been saving his whole life for that moment. Personally I've never heard better from any guitarist. Maybe it all sounded better because it was so unexpected, but my God, Peter should have been proud of himself that night! He has tapes of that jam and we can only hope that one day they find themselves on record.

Have these tapes ever come to light?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has I would love to know the answer and maybe get to hear this.

Last edited by Norton; 09-17-2008 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Here is a quote from Christopher Hjort's Strange Brew, dated Tuesday 29th April 1969, reputedly made by Doreen Pettifer, secretary of Mayall fan club when B.B. King asked Peter to jam with him on stage at the Free Trade Hall :-
'Come on Peter, show us what you can do,' said B.B.- and Peter did in no uncertain terms! From his guitar came a cascade of notes to shame any guitarist playing blues. It was as if he had been saving his whole life for that moment. Personally I've never heard better from any guitarist. Maybe it all sounded better because it was so unexpected, but my God, Peter should have been proud of himself that night! He has tapes of that jam and we can only hope that one day they find themselves on record.

Have these tapes ever come to light?
Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has I would love to know the answer and maybe get to hear this.
Hello Norton!

I asked a similar question earlier in the summer. Look in the Pre-Rumours section of the Archives. The thread is called: Fleetwood Mac/B.B. King concerts April '69
. I would really love to know the answer too.

Ms Moose