User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default death of a lawsuit

I think I have waited long enough

What ever happened to Nigel Watson, and do we really want to know?

doodyhead
Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post

doodyhead
vinnie! you've waited long enough.

i don't know what's become of nigel. but i would like to know what has happened to him. he can't be as bad a guy as he's been made out. well maybe he got lost in the situation. either way he did play a big role in getting pete to play again. i'm really grateful for that.

now that you've got me thinking about the splinter group again, some those guys were great - roger cotton, larry tolfree and pete stroud. maybe not as good players as best of the pvk era guys (snowy, reg isadore, kuma, dave mattacks) but very sympathetic. i play those records particularly destiny road, the live at ronnie scotts, blues don't change, and the first one, the splinter group a fair bit.

a penguin q&a with one of the splinter guys covering some of the good times from those days would be great don't you think?

zero
Old 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reconciliation - is not just for nations

Good job you popped the question, Doodyhead!

I think everybody on the P.G. site has wanted to do this at some time or other or wonders about this question from time to time.

It is yet another enigma - whatever happened? No one person is only bad - "it takes two (or more) to tango" - so to speak. In a legal framework though, relationships between people tend to get polarized into black or white.

As far as I can see there is 1) the legal issue, the lawsuit - whatever that was about, and then there is 2) the personal relationships.

I think you are right, Zero - Splinter Group was not just Peter Green and Nigel - there were the others as well, and I wonder how they percieved the whole thing? And like Nigel they seemed to have put lots of effort and care into the project.

I think that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
a penguin q&a with one of the splinter guys covering some of the good times from those days would be great don't you think?

zero
is a splendid idea! And in a very positive spirit too!

But I wonder whether they were all muzzled (is that the right word? I had to look it up in the dictionary) during the court-case and maybe for years to come?
If so: sad...

Ms Moose
Old 04-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post

doodyhead
Yes, I'd like to know. And, as others have already stated, not just Nigel but all the others who have played a role in the Splinter Group (i.e. including Spike Edney, Neil Murray)
Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Yes, I'd like to know. And, as others have already stated, not just Nigel but all the others who have played a role in the Splinter Group (i.e. including Spike Edney, Neil Murray)

wouter! i can be of some assistance with neil murray. he's been very active since splinter days, mainly in the field for which he is most well known- heavy rock to near metal-knowledge due to zero's weakness for, don't laugh, early whitesnake. whitesnake!

neil has played with various whitesnake spinoffs, basically bernie marsden's bands usually with mickey moody. i think they still play out as m^3 (m cubed, for marsden, moody, murray). previously they toured and recorded as the company of snakes, also the snakes. neil plays with a german based outfit called empire and has done lots of sessions too. for example there's a record with ex ufo, scorpions guitarist michael schenker that's due out this spring.

the splinter group its not, but neil can play, no question and still in demand. zero