Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up World exclusive interview with Peter in Guitar and Bass Magazine

This months Guitar and Bass Magazine features an in depth interview with Peter in the UK edition. Peter is photographed with his chin on a new Les Paul Standard on the cover.

He talks about his career from Mayall onwards. Some good stuff and he gives us an idea that he doesn't want to go back to playing full time but he has got some offers lined up and we will be seeing him live again but right now he is enjoying living in Sweden with his girlfriend. He looks fit and well.

Check it out if you can, its worth a read.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
...Some good stuff and he gives us an idea that he doesn't want to go back to playing full time but he has got some offers lined up and we will be seeing him live again but right now he is enjoying living in Sweden with his girlfriend. He looks fit and well.

mad- excellent news. and thanks for the tip! i've got to get a copy of that interview.

great to hear that pete is well and that he hasn't decided to retire completely.

z.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Junior Ledgie

hi ...no pete is not living in sweden hes in the uk with his family ...very fit and well !!!....and the swedish women is not his girlfriend. she is just a friend !
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi JJ,

Yeah I figured as much that the interview might have had a bit of artistic licence added. Hey, I must admit, if those shots by the lake in the documentary were filmed in Sweden what a wonderfully beautiful place!

I totally agree with Peter's concept of one pickup guitars. Actually I'm surprised he doesn't own a Fender Esquire which is as close as stripped bare and one man, one pickup, one amp as you can get. At least I found them like that.

I remember meeting Peter a couple of times, the first time was back in 2001. What I recall most is that he was one of the most charming and well mannered people I think I've ever met. I think we stood chatting about music for a good 30 minutes or so and he was so easy to talk to, unlike a lot of people in the music business (I have some experience here) with egos the size of houses.

The second time I met him, briefly, was when he was doing a gig with his former band in Buxton back in either 2002 or 2003. He seemed uneasy and a little distant that night but still such a pleasure to talk to. I was so delighted to see him so fit and well and vibrant in the recent documentary. I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default guitar and bass magazine

dear folks,

over here on stateside they don't carry that magazine. Can anyone post excerpts or something. I would love to read it

vinnie c
Old 08-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgreen67 View Post
hi ...no pete is not living in sweden hes in the uk with his family ...very fit and well !!!....and the swedish women is not his girlfriend. she is just a friend !
His family, that would be......? (brothers Mike and/or Len?)
Nice to hear he is very fit and well.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default A very interesting article !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
This months Guitar and Bass Magazine features an in depth interview with Peter in the UK edition. Peter is photographed with his chin on a new Les Paul Standard on the cover.

He talks about his career from Mayall onwards. Some good stuff and he gives us an idea that he doesn't want to go back to playing full time but he has got some offers lined up and we will be seeing him live again but right now he is enjoying living in Sweden with his girlfriend. He looks fit and well.

Check it out if you can, its worth a read.
Apart from new photos there are interesting information - e.g. about Greeny's favourite all-time players. And it's a surprise !!! No big names !!! (Maxwell Street Jimmie from Chicago, Hop Wilson from Houston, Tail Tragger from Chicago). He's also a lover of gospel music ( Soul Stillers, Pilgrim Travellers, Swan Silverstones) and world music (he's bought recently a Vietnamese banjo with only two strings ;-))
The article is really worth to read.
Regards
Krzysztof
Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Junior Ledgie

Those of us in the US can still read this interview. Download a pdf of the magazine here:

http://comics-heaven.blogspot.com/20...mber-2007.html
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

cool...thanks!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbie7 View Post
Those of us in the US can still read this interview. Download a pdf of the magazine ...[...]
Thanks "stubbie7"

/zoork
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbie7 View Post
Those of us in the US can still read this interview. Download a pdf of the magazine here:

http://comics-heaven.blogspot.com/20...mber-2007.html
stubbie7!

this is great. i've been wanting to read this since mad posted about it. my favorite thing about this is all the pictures with a les paul. i'm wondering what is going on. reading the fine print you find out it isn't his; the magazine brought it as a prop for the photo shoot. and then we learn, as Krzysztof said, that what he's exicted about playing isn't a les paul - which i should have known - but a vietnamese banjo with 2 strings . "...i love the weird sound it makes." says pete.

it seems like he's very happy and doing just fine.

thanks much for the link. and welcome to the ledge!

zero
Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
stubbie7!

this is great. i've been wanting to read this since mad posted about it. my favorite thing about this is all the pictures with a les paul. i'm wondering what is going on. reading the fine print you find out it isn't his; the magazine brought it as a prop for the photo shoot. and then we learn, as Krzysztof said, that what he's exicted about playing isn't a les paul - which i should have known - but a vietnamese banjo with 2 strings . "...i love the weird sound it makes." says pete.

it seems like he's very happy and doing just fine.

thanks much for the link. and welcome to the ledge!

zero
Zero,

You seem to stay primarily in this and the Pre-Rumours forums. I'm just curious to know how you feel about the modern incarnation of Fleetwood Mac and how interested you are in the music that Fleetwood Mac put out post-Peter Green.