Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Default Peter Green vs. Nigel Watson ... Please read.

Please note that we have been contacted by The Simkins Partnership, The Solicitors for Peter Green, and informed that there is a gag order in effect for the Peter Green vs. Nigel Watson case. The Honourable Mr. Justice Newman in the High Court of Justice Queen’s Bench Division signed the Order on April 2, 2004. The Court approved the following single press release concerning the matter:

Quote:
“In High Court proceedings, an interim injunction has been obtained by guitarist Peter Green against Mr Nigel Watson, a member of the Peter Green Splinter Group, which forbids Watson from using violence, threatening or harassing Mr Green or encouraging anyone else to do so; and from contacting Mr Green except through Mr Green’s solicitors. Mr Watson disputes the proceedings and contests Mr Green’s claim.

All other aspects of the claim and the proceedings remain confidential by Order of the Court and may not be published.”
Three threads discussing this matter have been removed from The Ledge. We would respectfully request that individuals refrain from discussing this matter further on The Ledge. So as not to become embroiled in this dispute and as notification has been provided, future related posts will be deleted and the posters will be banned.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 AM
Junior Ledgie

Getting quite exciting, isn't it?!
Old 07-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Ledgie

Wow! I just hope Peter lands on his feet and gets back to the music.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Kyoshi
This message has been deleted by Kyoshi.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Kyoshi
Old 07-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Kyoshi
Old 07-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Please note that we have been contacted by The Simkins Partnership, The Solicitors for Peter Green, and informed that there is a gag order in effect for the Peter Green vs. Nigel Watson case. The Honourable Mr. Justice Newman in the High Court of Justice Queen’s Bench Division signed the Order on April 2, 2004. The Court approved the following single press release concerning the matter:

Three threads discussing this matter have been removed from The Ledge. We would respectfully request that individuals refrain from discussing this matter further on The Ledge. So as not to become embroiled in this dispute and as notification has been provided, future related posts will be deleted and the posters will be banned.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
hi lis, thanks for the post/warning. solicitors visit the ledge. it's un-nerving and bizzare!

a comment that i don't think violates the ban... i get more out of reading the ledge posts than posting myself, so i'll risk it...

as i understand it, a gag order applies to revealing information divulged during the proceedings, or information about the proceedings themselves. i think most of us have no knowledge of any of that. we are just giving our opinions about what we've heard.

the court approved press release that you posted contains more detailed information on the nature of the court mediated dispute than was available in the prior 18 months of ledge-posted speculation.

but i can definitely see that if stuff posted to the ledge was leaked from the proceding then there would be a big problem for the forum host, moderators etc.

i'm looking forward to the time when the case is resolved, especially for pete and the other principals. at that point i hope we can discuss as we like to do.

zero
Old 08-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the warning. I'm very interested when its permissable, to find out whats going on here. I havent heard of this until I read this post
Old 09-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Junior Ledgie

I'd agree with you mzero, maybe this is just another way of ensuring nobody speculates about what might have gone on. I suppose one day we'll here if it is all done and dusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
hi lis, thanks for the post/warning. solicitors visit the ledge. it's un-nerving and bizzare!

a comment that i don't think violates the ban... i get more out of reading the ledge posts than posting myself, so i'll risk it...

as i understand it, a gag order applies to revealing information divulged during the proceedings, or information about the proceedings themselves. i think most of us have no knowledge of any of that. we are just giving our opinions about what we've heard.

the court approved press release that you posted contains more detailed information on the nature of the court mediated dispute than was available in the prior 18 months of ledge-posted speculation.

but i can definitely see that if stuff posted to the ledge was leaked from the proceding then there would be a big problem for the forum host, moderators etc.

i'm looking forward to the time when the case is resolved, especially for pete and the other principals. at that point i hope we can discuss as we like to do.

zero
Old 10-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand from an article I found the gag order was thrown out by the High Court in Mar 2004.

The article is cached but is fairly easily found with a Google search.

(Edit: Mis-read that date - so obviously the injunction was re-instated.)

Last edited by Neb-Maat-Re; 10-06-2005 at 01:12 AM..
Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default It has been an awful long time

Is there any news at all on the gag order?
and of what transpired?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Is there any news at all on the gag order?
and of what transpired?
No. I believe that the matter has been settled, though.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No. I believe that the matter has been settled, though.
i recall that mario was the one who revealed that the case had been settled. this was quite awhile ago but probably less than a year if you want to go back and search through the ledge archives.

not much was said, mainly that the settlement was good for peter and that he was very happy with the resolution.

zero
Old 04-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
i recall that mario was the one who revealed that the case had been settled. this was quite awhile ago but probably less than a year if you want to go back and search through the ledge archives.

not much was said, mainly that the settlement was good for peter and that he was very happy with the resolution.

zero
Okay, but what was it all about. I'm not trying to judge, merely get informed.
What makes two people who are so much involved with each other get so much in dipute with another. Just trying to understand the psychological process that has been going on.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Okay, but what was it all about. I'm not trying to judge, merely get informed.
What makes two people who are so much involved with each other get so much in dipute with another. Just trying to understand the psychological process that has been going on.
wouter! i'm with you; i'd really like to know what it was all about but can only guess.

my feeling has always been that nigel initially had good intentions with regard to peter's health and happiness. afterall he was responsible for peter's return to playing and to being a working musician again. but at the same time i believe its fair to say that nigel never would have suceeded as a professional musician without his association with peter. and also fair to say that nigel is an ambitious person with a strong ego.

balancing others needs and well-being against personal ambition in the face of success is difficult for anyone. throw in peter's mental health, his lack of ambition and a long-standing desire not to 'play the game' and you have a good recipe for a rift.

it is a wonder that the splinter group lasted as long as it did. probably we have roger cotton, pete stroud, and larry tolfree to thank for that. if you look at song writing credits and who sings what over the course of the splinter group you'll find that after roger and pete s. joined they wrote exclusively for peter. roger in particular wrote songs specific to peter's circumstances. nigel wrote a song or two that peter sang but mainly nigel wrote songs for himself. i see over time nigel becoming more forward about his own ambitions and the others holding the group together. very sad actually.

zero
Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default a second

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
wouter! i'm with you; i'd really like to know what it was all about but can only guess.

my feeling has always been that nigel initially had good intentions with regard to peter's health and happiness. afterall he was responsible for peter's return to playing and to being a working musician again. but at the same time i believe its fair to say that nigel never would have suceeded as a professional musician without his association with peter. and also fair to say that nigel is an ambitious person with a strong ego.

balancing others needs and well-being against personal ambition in the face of success is difficult for anyone. throw in peter's mental health, his lack of ambition and a long-standing desire not to 'play the game' and you have a good recipe for a rift.

it is a wonder that the splinter group lasted as long as it did. probably we have roger cotton, pete stroud, and larry tolfree to thank for that. if you look at song writing credits and who sings what over the course of the splinter group you'll find that after roger and pete s. joined they wrote exclusively for peter. roger in particular wrote songs specific to peter's circumstances. nigel wrote a song or two that peter sang but mainly nigel wrote songs for himself. i see over time nigel becoming more forward about his own ambitions and the others holding the group together. very sad actually.

zero
I also agree, Nigel knew him for a long time from around the neighborhood. Nigel became a serviceable guitarplayer who in playing peters signature songs for peter during the sets may have inflated his self opinion. This could have lead to jealosy and friction of "DIVA" magnitude. Peter, in the accompaning interview from the Splinter Group DVD really looked almost like a captive to Nigel's protective cloak around him. It was uncomfortable to watch. I can't be the only person to notice this.

too bad, too sad, as it was really good to see peter playing out there in any form. Plus as you said Roger and the others were really good and supportive in the circumstances, as I saw it.

vinnie
Old 05-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
Peter, in the accompaning interview from the Splinter Group DVD really looked almost like a captive to Nigel's protective cloak around him. It was uncomfortable to watch. I can't be the only person to notice this.
I agree with you on this point, it reminded me of this song by Randy Newman

http://www.randynewman.com/tocdiscog...#davythefatboy

It is a shame to see a man presented to the public in this way.

A man's dignity is more important than new records.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-Heinz View Post
I agree with you on this point, it reminded me of this song by Randy Newman

http://www.randynewman.com/tocdiscog...#davythefatboy

It is a shame to see a man presented to the public in this way.

A man's dignity is more important than new records.
I agree with you both - I got the same feeling from watching the interview,
Nigel treating Peter like an annoying stepchild, or a commodity.