User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And then in 1997 she said,"The Dance is all about Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham." No wonder she quit. Always the overlooked one, she was.
Oh, wow, that's really interesting, I had never heard that! Where did she say this? Is this in an interview somewhere that we can see or read?
Old 10-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I think she gets at least some recognition for her songs. Among the 'casual' Mac fans I have known, they seem to love Christine the best. My husband says that anytime he thinks of Fleetwood Mac, he thinks of Chris first. I'm far more than a casual fan and I really miss Christine's contributions to FMac. I hope they never decide to replace her, because no one can!
Oh that's good then.. I made my assumption on the fact that every casual fan I know hasn't even heard of Christine! Everybody just seems to think that Stevie is the only singer and only girl in the band. I do wish Christine was still in the band, but I understand her reasons for not wanting to do this anymore.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I once heard a disc jockey say "that was Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac" after they had played "Say You Love Me." Ouch.

Even among non-Fleetwood Mac fans, Christine's songs are famous; everyone has heard "Little Lies," "Everywhere," and "You Make Loving Fun" on the radio. But Stevie's name is more famous. (Still, that d.j. should have known the difference.)

My guess is that Chris would rather have her songs be familiar to the public than her name. She always seemed okay with Stevie getting more of the attention and the spotlight ... as long as her songs were getting radio play.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I once heard a disc jockey say "that was Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac" after they had played "Say You Love Me." Ouch.

Even among non-Fleetwood Mac fans, Christine's songs are famous; everyone has heard "Little Lies," "Everywhere," and "You Make Loving Fun" on the radio. But Stevie's name is more famous. (Still, that d.j. should have known the difference.)

My guess is that Chris would rather have her songs be familiar to the public than her name. She always seemed okay with Stevie getting more of the attention and the spotlight ... as long as her songs were getting radio play.
Yeah, I think a lot of Christine's songs are probably the most recognisable among people who don't know FM that well. I think you're right though, I read somewhere that she liked to just hide behind her stack of keyboards and just play without having to have the spotlight on her too much.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What I've always loved about Christine is the fact that she doesn't try to be a 'star'. She doesn't let her fame get in the way of her talent. Too many other singers are too worried with their 'look' or what they can do to sell themselves. The fact that she is so gifted, she let's you realize that for yourself, instead of forcing her way into the spotlight. She's a true musician, and true to herself. That is what makes her so wonderful!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
And then in 1997 she said,"The Dance is all about Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham." No wonder she quit. Always the overlooked one, she was.
She didn't quit for lack of recognition; she quit because she was done - she had enough of the touring and the drama. Given her personality, she never wanted to be the center of attention, and happily let Stevie and Lindsey fill that role. She always considered herself, at least musically, as part of the rhythm section, along with John and Mick.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
What I've always loved about Christine is the fact that she doesn't try to be a 'star'. She doesn't let her fame get in the way of her talent. Too many other singers are too worried with their 'look' or what they can do to sell themselves. The fact that she is so gifted, she let's you realize that for yourself, instead of forcing her way into the spotlight. She's a true musician, and true to herself. That is what makes her so wonderful!
Agreed! This is why I have so much respect for her
Old 10-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
She didn't quit for lack of recognition; she quit because she was done - she had enough of the touring and the drama. Given her personality, she never wanted to be the center of attention, and happily let Stevie and Lindsey fill that role. She always considered herself, at least musically, as part of the rhythm section, along with John and Mick.
Exactly... I mean really... after being in the business for that long, it's safe to say you have the right to retire. Especially because drinking and being drugged up were requirements. That get's old when you become older...
Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I agree that she has the right to retire. It's just that we all miss her so much!