Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2002, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart I'm really diggin' Trouble right now

This has ALWAYS been among my top 5 favorite Lindsey solo tunes but it seems like recently, I HAVE to listen to it more and more. I LOVE Lindsey's vocals and the acoustic guitar in this. It's such a simple song but it evokes such emotion it's great.

Matt
Old 11-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ohhh, I have lots of reasons I love Trouble!
The lyrics are very simple, but have a very deep meaning.
I really love the guitar part. Beautiful, clear simplicity.

The video sucks rocks on a cracker, but the song is sublime.

I wonder if Lindsey likes it? Since it so different than anything else on L&O, I can't help but wonder if he just rattled off a nice little commercial tune to satisfy the powers that be! LOL!!

If that's the case, I wish he'd give us a few more like this one.

It also sounds to me like it could have even been on an FM album and fit rather nicely.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking I LOVE TROUBLE!! LOL

Trouble is an AWESOME song, and yes, it IS the "diamond in the rough" on L&O. I love the intro "ah, two, ah three, ah foah!" and that deep breath he takes on the SNL one!! The guitar part is SUCH a pretty melody, it's very soothing.

Sulamith, I know the video is kinda bad, looking back on it now, but his facial expressions and THOSE EYES (!!!!!) are KILLER!! I love watching it for just his expression-full face!! Of course, his lip-synching SUCKS WEED! LMAO!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Diggin' TROUBLE!!!

Hi Dedicated Lindsey Fans!
I REALLY DIG ...TROUBLE!!!
I love it for the notes he chose...
for the emotion he shows and...
for the giddy silly fun lyrics !!!
They are sexy yet boyish...he is
simple but exquisite...I Like IT!
Lindsey can say more with his
breathe than any artist I know!

The Video is clever if you think
about it as...an early 80's idea!
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 11-18-2002, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's without a doubt my favourite song off Law And Order. It was one of those songs that I loved from the first time I heard it, and I've loved it ever since. The acoustic guitar work on is great...it compliments the song really well just like the acoustic on "Family Man."

Old 11-19-2002, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't heard Trouble yet(or any songs from Lindsey's solo albums)but when I did become a fan, for a while, I was really obsessed with Oh Dieane and then after that, it was GYOW.(EVen though it does make me cry)
Old 11-19-2002, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also love "Trouble." It's also my favorite song on that album. I don't know why everybody hates that video. It's not bad when you consider that it came out just as videos were starting in the early 80's.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love "Trouble"! Definitely my fav off of Law and Order. lol...I can remember my dad listening to it when I was a kid. I think he even had the 45. He freaked out when I told him it was Lindsey Buckingham....you know Dad, the one from Fleetwood Mac that I'm so obsessed with? lol. Sort of a bonding moment with dear ol' dad, hahaha! Anyhoo...the video is cheesy as hell, but it's great! I love it! His expressions...they crack me up. I think it's all the lip pursing(sp?) that does it. Too funny.

~~Angela~~
Old 11-19-2002, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Originally posted by sulamith
I wonder if Lindsey likes it? Since it so different than anything else on L&O, I can't help but wonder if he just rattled off a nice little commercial tune to satisfy the powers that be! LOL!!

He seems to like it in that very Lindsey-like way :

From Songwriters on Songwriting:

Q: "Trouble."

A: Yeah. That was the hit, the obligatory hit....That was just one of those things that we thought we should put on an album, otherwise it would have never seen the light of day at all. [laughs]

Q: You’re not crazy about that one?

A: No, I like it a lot. But it’s really poppy. It is very well crafted, as I recall.

Originally posted by Seteca
The acoustic guitar work on is great...it compliments the song really well just like the acoustic on "Family Man."

Exactly - that Spanish sound. It's lovely. Plus, I am a sucker for the lyrics.

Last edited by Les; 11-19-2002 at 11:26 AM..
Old 11-19-2002, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

HA! So my instincts were actually right about that?
I thought it may have been the "obligatory" tune put on so the album would "see the light of day".

Thanks for posting that, and I'm glad to know he likes it. Sometimes with artists like Lindsey, their most commercial work is often their least favorite.

Now as for Family Man, those lyrics have GOT to be joke!
Lindsey was making a funny, right?
Mother, F%&*er indeed!
Old 11-19-2002, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Joke not!

I guess a lot of people don't like Family Man, but I (believe it or not..hehe) like the lyrics. I think they're very sweet about how much he feels he's comforted by and defined by his family, rather than anything else - fame, money, etc... It may also have been an expression of some future dreams for himself that he didn't have at the time he wrote it.

I don't hear the "mother f*cker" thing.

mother...father...brother...
Old 11-19-2002, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well be glad you don't hear it, because I have TRIED not to hear it and.....

That's all I CAN hear anymore, so I have just had to let Family Man go it's own way, so to speak.
I just can't take it seriously.....now the Spanish guitar on it is really pretty.

I would love it if it were an instrumental! lol!!

BTW, is Spanish guitar a kind of guitar or just a style of playing?
Old 11-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default It is sweet, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
Joke not!

I guess a lot of people don't like Family Man, but I (believe it or not..hehe) like the lyrics. I think they're very sweet about how much he feels he's comforted by and defined by his family, rather than anything else - fame, money, etc... It may also have been an expression of some future dreams for himself that he didn't have at the time he wrote it.
The premise of "Family Man" is a nice one. I just think the way he communicated it lyrically was tiresomely repetitive, and the phrase "I am what I am, am what I am" for some reason recalls Popeye to me. Finally, I don't go for the whole "echo" bit.

It stuns me that they made so many extended remixes (like, three or four!!) of a song with so little meat to it, just repeating the same thing over and over and over and over....

But, to each his own!

Last edited by sodascouts; 11-19-2002 at 12:29 PM..
Old 11-19-2002, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate all of the remixes, to be perfectly honest. I rarely like remixes of FM songs especially. There are just some songs that really aren't meant to have them. But it seems like there were an inordinate number of extended remixes for all of the Tango singles.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

one more thing.....
Angela, Wondergirl, and Sky, and all you guys defending the Trouble video, I concede part of my critcism of it. All the early vids are just hilarious, but it IS Lindsey, after all. Really though, the whole L&O look is my least, least favorite. He seemed to be having a bad hair year that whole time, from the clean-shaven, oily cover shot to the It Was I session, for me, it just wasn't Linds at his best. It wasn't lighting or lame video concepts. He just seems "off" and unlike himself a little. Just my opinion.

It's like Lindsey's L&O look equals Stevie SA era for each of them not looking their best.