User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
interesting that the official band statement had no intention of saying who was the ill "band member"...

they'll smack Neil for that one, teach him a lesson about breaking royal protocol.
Yep he’s desperately scrubbing the handprint off his backside at this very second and the tweet has disappeared like “a ghost through the fog”
Hope he’s learnt his lesson!
Old 11-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was Instagram, and it’s still there.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-12-2018 at 09:28 PM..
Old 11-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac have been cancelling shows due to Stevie's health since the 1970s .I predict that she will outlive the rest of the Rumours five though and probably handily.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Fleetwood Mac have been cancelling shows due to Stevie's health since the 1970s .I predict that she will outlive the rest of the Rumours five though and probably handily.
true.

Didn't she vow at the start of this whole new lineup that she was gonna "stop complaining" ? Bet she's fallen back on that after the first few shows.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Didn't she vow at the start of this whole new lineup that she was gonna "stop complaining" ? Bet she's fallen back on that after the first few shows.
Why do you think that? The tour has been going well.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-13-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Lindsey had to cancel a show in Vancouver on The Dance tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-13-2018, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Lindsey had to cancel a show in Vancouver on The Dance tour.
I remember when I drove up to El Lay from San Diego in 1982 only to find out the Forum show had been postponed due to Stevie's walking pneumonia .I went back later in the month for the shows that were taped.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I remember being devastated when we got to Oakland Coliseum for Mirage show and it was postponed. I was 13 and it first FM show, seemed like forever before we saw the rescheduled show (I think a few weeks later). I heard a long time later that is wasn’t illness but was the day Robin died. Not sure if that’s true though.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I remember being devastated when we got to Oakland Coliseum for Mirage show and it was postponed. I was 13 and it first FM show, seemed like forever before we saw the rescheduled show (I think a few weeks later). I heard a long time later that is wasn’t illness but was the day Robin died. Not sure if that’s true though.
I heard the same thing. I know she passed during the Mirage tour...I think it was October 12. The date sticks with me because it's my birthday.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-15-2018, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why do you think that? The tour has been going well.
I think we all know the answer to that. God forbid Stevie get sick and want to rest her voice or get over a cold or flu. It is blasphemy. She must be destroyed. So many haters on this board due to the ongoing success of this new flavor of the band. I saw them live...they are awesome. I didn't hear a single person in the crowd even mention the L word. I hope they record some new music and have ONE MAJOR HIT just to piss off all the naysayers.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I think we all know the answer to that. God forbid Stevie get sick and want to rest her voice or get over a cold or flu. It is blasphemy. She must be destroyed. So many haters on this board due to the ongoing success of this new flavor of the band. I saw them live...they are awesome. I didn't hear a single person in the crowd even mention the L word. I hope they record some new music and have ONE MAJOR HIT just to piss off all the naysayers.

Doh!
It took me a little while to work out what the L word was. I kept thinking there was some sort of lesbian thing involved.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Doh!
It took me a little while to work out what the L word was. I kept thinking there was some sort of lesbian thing involved.
LOL...I was trying to be as nice as possible despite others who have just thrown civility and kindness to the wind. I really did not hear a single person around me mention him. I was sitting in a section which was the first section off the floor and no one was talking about it around me. About 1/3 of the way through the show we got to move to the front row (thanks to my sister and her daughter in law's father) and everyone was having such a great time. No mention of Lindsey at all. I was standing right in front of Michael Campbell and he was very playful with the crowd as was Neil Finn. Stevie was all smiles. Christine looked very happy. Mick was his usual self. John remained in the background. They all seemed like they were enjoying each other and having fun...and it didn't seem to be an act. It was refreshing.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
The chance of them having a hit are about as high as the chances of Stevie ever belting out a song again with more then a 3 note range.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The chance of them having a hit are about as high as the chances of Stevie ever belting out a song again with more then a 3 note range.
Ok, so I read this post, and my first instinct is to say the same thing about Lindsey. I mean, he's never going to have a hit single again, either. And his voice has lost power, too. None of them are ever going to be in their prime again. So why make fun of FM when everything you say about them is true for Lindsey, too? It seems hypocritical to make fun of FM when the exact same comments applies to him, too.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ok, so I read this post, and my first instinct is to say the same thing about Lindsey. I mean, he's never going to have a hit single again, either. And his voice has lost power, too. None of them are ever going to be in their prime again. So why make fun of FM when everything you say about them is true for Lindsey, too? It seems hypocritical to make fun of FM when the exact same comments applies to him, too.
It's not really making fun though... it's just being realistic and honest. Fleetwood Mac will never have another hit. Lindsey will never have another hit. Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey would never have had another hit. Stevie will never have another hit. Truth. That's not making fun.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood