Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Manchester, NH Reviews/Pics

I just got back from the show and it was absolutely fantastic. I had never been to this arena before and I was quite skeptical. It seemed kind of old and definitely smaller. When we walked into the arena at around 7:40, there were already several people down at the stage. The rule was anyone in the first 15 rows could be at the stage. My mother and I usually always opt to go to the front of the stage, but she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is going through chemo, so we decided to stay in our 4th row center seats, which were unbelieveable.

The stage was terrible high and there were a few people making a fuss about the people at the stage, which I thought was understandable. There was this one poor woman who said she paid $900 for a front row seat and there were so many people blocking her. She started to freak out and cry. I think I would have been crying as well, but once the show started she seemed better.

As for the actual show: This is the Lindsey Buckingham show. From the songs he chooses, to his performance, to his incredible guitar skills, and to his interaction with the crowd, this is his tour. He is just unbelieveable. Stevie has gotten better since the last time I saw them (March 09), but she is still kinda boring. Her eyes never seem open and her voice is a bit questionable. She avoided some high notes and forgot some words. I love the woman, but shes starting to slip a bit. She was all smiles tonight though!

Monday Morning - Mick ran out on stage and everyone went nuts, followed by John who got just as much applause, and then finally those 2 crazy california lovebirds. This song is just a kickass opener. When the music burst in I just started screaming!!

The Chain - Stevie was doin some pretty cool tambo moves on this one. Although, it was quite difficult to hear her vocals. When the guitar solo started, she did a high kick which yes indeed made me squeal.

Dreams - "What you haaaaaaaaad". She went for that high note. Everything else was the same as usual.

I Know Im Not Wrong - Everyone was up and dancing for this one. Its just such a great concert song. The solo at the end just kicks ass!

Gypsy - She told the same story we've been hearing. The only thing that may have been different was that she said she didn't even know Lindsey lived a few houses down from her or something like that. I like how in the recent versions of Gypsy, Stevie walks around the stage at the end near the front of the crowd. When she neared the edge of the stage, everyone started screaming. I also love how she finishes off the song with a few twirls and a majestic pose. I wish I snapped a photo, but I was too busy drooling.

Go Insane - This was new to me on Lindseys solo tour, and the full band version is just fantastic. I love the way Lindsey's acoustic sounds through the loud speakers. I was dancin away to this one. At the end he fell on the ground and put his head in his lap. Pretty cool.

Rhiannon - I paid absolutely no attention to this whatsoever. This song has become so boring to me in recent years. I just decided to play with my camera instead. She avoided all high notes at the end.

Second Hand News - Bam Bam Bam Bam, such a fun jam. Lindsey got a ton of applause from this one. Everyone was screaming for him all night.

Tusk - Ok, I felt so embarrassed for Stevie at this song. Now don't get me wrong, I love Stevie with all my heart, her music has helped me so much, but I had a realization about her during this song. At this point, the LB show had already begun, everyone knew it. At the end of Tusk, Lindsey was just absolutely jamming, jumping around to both sides of the stage and people were eating it up. In the meantime, Stevie just stood in place and banged her tambo in the same motion for 3 or 4 minutes. She just looked so ridiculous with Lindsey bopping around, jamming, rocking, having so much fun, and her with her eyes barely open.

Sara - Lots and lots of SnL action during this one. During the first verse they made a lot of eye contact. I got a pic of the staged hug of course. When Stevie was walking backstage at the end of this song, I noticed her grabbing Sharon's hand and saying something to her. Didn't know what that was about.

Big Love - He needs to cut down the intro a bit. When he went into the guitar solo for this one, everyone went crazy!

Landslide - Stevie dedicated this to Sharon Celani. She told the story about how she met her in a tree house, ect. This was especially touching to me tonight.

Never Goin Back - I love the new little intro Lindsey does. Reminds me of the Rumours/Tusk version of the song. It was interesting to observe stevie during this one. She had her head faced away from the audience, with both of her hands stretching her skirt.

Storms - Oh gawd, what a heartbreaker. I must admit, I thought of my ex when she was singing this one. Definitely teared up a bit. She forgot the words to the second verse (as did I while I was singing along, so strange) and it took her a while to get back into it. I don't know why she doesn't look down at her teleprompter??

Say You Love Me - This was great! When it was Lindsey's verse to sing, Stevie went to Mick's drum kit and banged his symbol with her tambourine.

Gold Dust Woman - I don't know why they are stretching this one out. I liked the short and sweet version from the beginning of the tour. It was quite hard to make out her wail.

Oh Well - So much better this time than the last time I saw it. Everyone in the crowd was rocking along!

I'm So Afraid - Do I even have to comment? The man is a guitar GOD. At this point, I was jumping up and down.

Stand Back - YAY! Always a favorite of mine. Nothing particularly different, but I got a cool picture of her twirling which I will post soon.

GYOW/WT/DS - All the usual stuff. When Mick's solo comes to a close at the end of WT, Stevie, John, and Lindsey all charge the drum kit together. It was cool.

No silver springs.

I took a boatload of pics which I will be uploading soon enough.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Wish the sound had been better there - the levels were way too high, harsh and over compressed. It wasn't as objectionable on the "softer" songs (Landslide etc.)
Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I just got back from the show and it was absolutely fantastic. I had never been to this arena before and I was quite skeptical. It seemed kind of old and definitely smaller. When we walked into the arena at around 7:40, there were already several people down at the stage. The rule was anyone in the first 15 rows could be at the stage. My mother and I usually always opt to go to the front of the stage, but she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is going through chemo, so we decided to stay in our 4th row center seats, which were unbelieveable.

The stage was terrible high and there were a few people making a fuss about the people at the stage, which I thought was understandable. There was this one poor woman who said she paid $900 for a front row seat and there were so many people blocking her. She started to freak out and cry. I think I would have been crying as well, but once the show started she seemed better.

As for the actual show: This is the Lindsey Buckingham show. From the songs he chooses, to his performance, to his incredible guitar skills, and to his interaction with the crowd, this is his tour. He is just unbelieveable. Stevie has gotten better since the last time I saw them (March 09), but she is still kinda boring. Her eyes never seem open and her voice is a bit questionable. She avoided some high notes and forgot some words. I love the woman, but shes starting to slip a bit. She was all smiles tonight though!

Monday Morning - Mick ran out on stage and everyone went nuts, followed by John who got just as much applause, and then finally those 2 crazy california lovebirds. This song is just a kickass opener. When the music burst in I just started screaming!!

The Chain - Stevie was doin some pretty cool tambo moves on this one. Although, it was quite difficult to hear her vocals. When the guitar solo started, she did a high kick which yes indeed made me squeal.

Dreams - "What you haaaaaaaaad". She went for that high note. Everything else was the same as usual.

I Know Im Not Wrong - Everyone was up and dancing for this one. Its just such a great concert song. The solo at the end just kicks ass!

Gypsy - She told the same story we've been hearing. The only thing that may have been different was that she said she didn't even know Lindsey lived a few houses down from her or something like that. I like how in the recent versions of Gypsy, Stevie walks around the stage at the end near the front of the crowd. When she neared the edge of the stage, everyone started screaming. I also love how she finishes off the song with a few twirls and a majestic pose. I wish I snapped a photo, but I was too busy drooling.

Go Insane - This was new to me on Lindseys solo tour, and the full band version is just fantastic. I love the way Lindsey's acoustic sounds through the loud speakers. I was dancin away to this one. At the end he fell on the ground and put his head in his lap. Pretty cool.

Rhiannon - I paid absolutely no attention to this whatsoever. This song has become so boring to me in recent years. I just decided to play with my camera instead. She avoided all high notes at the end.

Second Hand News - Bam Bam Bam Bam, such a fun jam. Lindsey got a ton of applause from this one. Everyone was screaming for him all night.

Tusk - Ok, I felt so embarrassed for Stevie at this song. Now don't get me wrong, I love Stevie with all my heart, her music has helped me so much, but I had a realization about her during this song. At this point, the LB show had already begun, everyone knew it. At the end of Tusk, Lindsey was just absolutely jamming, jumping around to both sides of the stage and people were eating it up. In the meantime, Stevie just stood in place and banged her tambo in the same motion for 3 or 4 minutes. She just looked so ridiculous with Lindsey bopping around, jamming, rocking, having so much fun, and her with her eyes barely open.

Sara - Lots and lots of SnL action during this one. During the first verse they made a lot of eye contact. I got a pic of the staged hug of course. When Stevie was walking backstage at the end of this song, I noticed her grabbing Sharon's hand and saying something to her. Didn't know what that was about.

Big Love - He needs to cut down the intro a bit. When he went into the guitar solo for this one, everyone went crazy!

Landslide - Stevie dedicated this to Sharon Celani. She told the story about how she met her in a tree house, ect. This was especially touching to me tonight.

Never Goin Back - I love the new little intro Lindsey does. Reminds me of the Rumours/Tusk version of the song. It was interesting to observe stevie during this one. She had her head faced away from the audience, with both of her hands stretching her skirt.

Storms - Oh gawd, what a heartbreaker. I must admit, I thought of my ex when she was singing this one. Definitely teared up a bit. She forgot the words to the second verse (as did I while I was singing along, so strange) and it took her a while to get back into it. I don't know why she doesn't look down at her teleprompter??

Say You Love Me - This was great! When it was Lindsey's verse to sing, Stevie went to Mick's drum kit and banged his symbol with her tambourine.

Gold Dust Woman - I don't know why they are stretching this one out. I liked the short and sweet version from the beginning of the tour. It was quite hard to make out her wail.

Oh Well - So much better this time than the last time I saw it. Everyone in the crowd was rocking along!

I'm So Afraid - Do I even have to comment? The man is a guitar GOD. At this point, I was jumping up and down.

Stand Back - YAY! Always a favorite of mine. Nothing particularly different, but I got a cool picture of her twirling which I will post soon.

GYOW/WT/DS - All the usual stuff. When Mick's solo comes to a close at the end of WT, Stevie, John, and Lindsey all charge the drum kit together. It was cool.

No silver springs.

I took a boatload of pics which I will be uploading soon enough.
Hey Jimmy..

Great Review!!! Thanks SO much! I'm very sorry though to hear about your Mom! She's definitely in my thoughts and prayers..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Ledgie

I have to say I was also really pissed about so many rows being able to go up to the front. I paid about $100 extra for front row (the first time I have EVER had front row) and figured that I would be able to be at the stage, or at the very least have first dibs at the stage and then they would let the other rows up after the front row. We got there at about 7:30 and the people who were already at the stage were NOT being cooperative at all about letting others in. I was standing near 2 ladies (and I use the term loosely) who had their elbows out across the stage and were taking up enough room for 4 people and refused to even move a few inches. Luckily there was a very nice mother and son with whom my friend struck up a conversation and the mother realized that we had front row and they had second row, the mother asked her son to let me in front of him since he was taller than me. But once he let me move in front that's when I encountered the two women who were taking up all the space, so I was forced to stand in front of the speaker which was taller than me. So needless to say, I have lots of ringing in my ears and I had to stand on my tip toes to see ANYTHING because of those annoying women.

It truly makes me sad that this was my sixth or seventh Mac show and I was truly looking forward to having front row seats that I worked a lot of OT to pay for and people at the stage had to act that way. Seriously, we are all fans, we all payed good money to see them, why do others have to ruin it?

Aside from my personal issues with the standing arrangements, it was another wonderful show! I have yet to be disappointed by any of the performances and am looking forward to seeing everyone's photos!

PS - I forgot to mention this earlier but I did at least get to play Lindsey's guitar during I'm So Afraid and (I think) GYOW - my brain is fried so all the songs are running togehter.

Last edited by Maria78; 06-17-2009 at 01:08 AM..
Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OKay so I have been home for like an hour, but I have been uploading pictures and what not.

So Eric and I got at the venue around 6:30 I wanna say. I dont even know when they opened the doors, but once they did we went to our seats kind of. The security was saying how the band encourages us to be at the stage. So when we got to the front of the stage there were a few people already there. Including PATTIE!!(good to see you!!). So I parked my place right in front of Stevie's spot behind two VERY nice ladies{good thing they were short ;-)} So we all start talking and not getting all excited. So once the crowd started getting crowded in the front there was this ONE CRAZY lady who was obviously VERY intoxicated! She was complaining on how she paid $900 for her front row seat and she's not even front row and she started BAWLING her eyes out and pushing and shuving us. We all bitched at her xD But she was EXTEREMLY RUDE! She was also giving the two ladies infront of me like the EVIL death stare. Now I'm not too good with a lot of people around me. So THANK god the people around me were VERY nice. Especially the guy behind me who pushed the drunk lady out of my way because she was like pushing my back. Oh and throughout the ENTIRE show she was screaming "BLEED TO LOVE HER!!!" not even joking..EVERY song!! So ****in annoying. So i'll start my review from what I sorta remember HAHA So sorry if I get some stuff mixed up. =)

Monday Morning- Mick came out being his goofy self on stage followed by Mick and then Stevie and Lindsey. Awesome song =)

The Chain- Stevie did a high kick sometime during it and I was suprised! I was like "WORK IT GURL!" I'm pretty sure at the end of this song Stevie winked at someone or just winked in general to the crowd and it was SO cute!!

Dreams- The usual

I Know I'm Not Wrong- SO AWESOME. I LOVE this song. So awesome live.

Gypsy- She told the story about about she joined Fritz and how no one in the band was in school but she was and no one cared obviously and how Lindsey and Stevie shared a bed on the floor...etc. Very cute story. I got part of this song on video.

Go Insane- I can not say this enough about how much I LOVE this song live with the full band!!

Rhiannon- I always love Rhiannon live. I was rockin out like always. Nothing special during it though. I got some pretty good shots of her.

Second Hand News- The usual. Everyone was singing and dancing. Very cool

Tusk- Meh

Sara- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this song live! I called my mom during it. I put my cell phone in my top so I could take pictures xD So I got some good pics. Stevie didnt go to Lindsey's mic though =\ But they did the hug and it was so cute!

Big Love- He was saying the intro and that stupid bitch screaming "BLEED TO LOVE HER!" was screaming it multiple times during his speech. So he plays a little riff of it I think and he looks over and is like "Can I finish what I started saying?"

Landslide- She dedicated it to Sharon and told the stpry how how they met =) I called my mom during this too another on of her fav songs...lol

Never Going Back Again- I'm pretty sure this is the song where Stevie was stretching out her skirt slowly like she was doing an interpretive dance...but not...lol Nothing special

Storms- OH EM GEE! I felt so BAD for Stevie!! During one line she TOTALLY missed it and was looking at her teleprompter and was like "I got this" and like twirls her fingers around her head like she's crazy...lol..and started singing again. It was an overall good performance minus the mess up

Say You Love Me- I really enjoy this song with Lindsey and Stevie. During when Lindsey was singing one of his verses Stevie walked over to Mick's drums and banged her tambourine on his symbol =P

Gold Dust Woman- She like enxtended the version saying....oh man I dont remember!! i'm sure someone will post what she was saying. But it was awesome!

Oh Well- SO EPIC! Mick and Lindsey were very playful during it. Lindsey was SOOO into it. During the line when he mentions GOD he starts looking around and looking up. Too awesome.

I'm So Afraid- EPIC! Lindsey is amazing at guitar..end of story!

Stand Back- I was WICKED pumped when she did this. I LOVE Stand Back and of course I was dancing around singing. She had the double shawl thing. Lighter shawl under and then the Stand Back shawl over. LOVE the ending still.. "1, 2, 3, 4 OOOOOH YEAAAAA UHHH HUUUUUUUH" SO AWESOME

Go Your Own Way- EVERYONE was singing it!! Same performance as they always do

World Turning- LOOOOOOOOOOVE Mick's drum solo! He's a drum GOD!

Dont Stop- The usual

No Silver Springs though =(

I'll post pics a bit later

~Love, Caitlin~

Last edited by Enchanted_Stevi; 06-17-2009 at 12:48 AM..
Old 06-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Another great show, sans the intoxicated woman, good to see Caitlin, Eric, Bill, Pattie, nice to meet Tori, Dottie, Roger.
No Silver Springs
Some pictures

Old 06-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs421139 View Post
Another great show, sans the intoxicated woman, good to see Caitlin, Eric, Bill, Pattie, nice to meet Tori, Dottie, Roger.
No Silver Springs
Some pictures

It was AWESOME seeing you for like 2.5 seconds...lol...We seriously need like a meet up or something so we can all hang out all day. your pictures are AWESOME

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Great show last night and it was nice to get to see some of you again. Caitlin is right we need to do a get together this summer. Well, I finally got one of Lindsey's picks thanks to a few nice people around me.
Stevie forgot some of the lyrics of Storms which was sort of funny. I did not get it on video of course.
Well here are some of my pics.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

More pics

Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

last ones

Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

thanx pattie, glad you all had a wonderful time~ i especially love the pic of lindsey sitting on the floor!!!~
Old 06-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
last ones

awesome shots! thanks
Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=hs421139;826193]Another great show, sans the intoxicated woman, good to see Caitlin, Eric, Bill, Pattie, nice to meet Tori, Dottie, Roger.
No Silver Springs
Some pictures
[QUOTE]

nice pics tina glad you had an awesome time tonight is my night to be unleashed...lol at the mohegan sun
Old 06-17-2009, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
last ones

nice pics pattie you always take nice pics you going to mohegan sun show tonight?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's some of my pictures =)

~Love, Caitlin~