User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2023, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
It’s a soft chewy sweet….. made from jelly and embossed with various alcoholic drink names.
Port, Sherry, Claret..etc
They are a confection in the UK
Maynards Wine Gums…hahaha
Holy crap! I had no idea that was a thing. Sounds delicious! Thanks!
Old 06-03-2023, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've been telling y'all for many years...

STEVIE NICKS IS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO FLEETWOOD MAC.
Are you on tiktok? I'd love to see you get into it with some of the LUNATIC Stevie lovers, and even more repulsive, the ULTRA Lindsey/Stevie shippers that exist on there today. It's settled down recently but for a few weeks you couldn't go three swipes without getting the Silver Springs video from the Dance. And while a lot of comments were about Stevie giving it to Lindsey, SO MANY OF THESE NUTS were like "tHeY sTiLl LoVe EaCh OthEr i NeeD THeM tOgEtHeRRRRRRRR." I've tossed a few digs and jabs out a few times and lord are they relentlessly stupid. These same people will post a video from a recent SN concert where she monotonously drones through Rhiannon or Stand Back and comment "SHE SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME AS ALWAYS!" I'm worried about their ears...
Old 06-03-2023, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Holy crap! I had no idea that was a thing. Sounds delicious! Thanks!
Well I am an addict….!!
Old 06-03-2023, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Are you on tiktok? I'd love to see you get into it with some of the LUNATIC Stevie lovers, and even more repulsive, the ULTRA Lindsey/Stevie shippers that exist on there today. It's settled down recently but for a few weeks you couldn't go three swipes without getting the Silver Springs video from the Dance. And while a lot of comments were about Stevie giving it to Lindsey, SO MANY OF THESE NUTS were like "tHeY sTiLl LoVe EaCh OthEr i NeeD THeM tOgEtHeRRRRRRRR." I've tossed a few digs and jabs out a few times and lord are they relentlessly stupid. These same people will post a video from a recent SN concert where she monotonously drones through Rhiannon or Stand Back and comment "SHE SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME AS ALWAYS!" I'm worried about their ears...
I am not on tiktok. I'm pretty much a Facebook addict, and I don't need something else taking up what's left of my time.

But you're right, she sounds horrible now.
Old 06-03-2023, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I am an addict….!!
I looked them up. My god, they sure aren't cheap, are they?
Old 06-03-2023, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I looked them up. My god, they sure aren't cheap, are they?
Haven’t you heard there is a …cost of living crisis ..in the UK.
Nothings cheap.
Any food parcel gratefully received
Old 06-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
These same people will post a video from a recent SN concert where she monotonously drones through Rhiannon or Stand Back and comment "SHE SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME AS ALWAYS!" I'm worried about their ears...
Hahaaahahahaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahaaaa
Old 06-03-2023, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haven’t you heard there is a …cost of living crisis ..in the UK.
Nothings cheap.
Any food parcel gratefully received
I'm sending you a coupon for $tevie's Fajita Roundup.
https://youtu.be/Qxfeqqkq4FE
Old 06-03-2023, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And after all that crap, they got a lame tour that yielded no new music and not even a new live release to share their amazing renditions of the songs she so desperately wanted in the setlist for years that Lindsey would never allow.
But there isn't a live release of the Unleashed, Live, and On With the Show tours

I bought tickets for the 2018 tour when it was announced but my signal to not buy tickets for additional shows should have been when they played The Chain and Gypsy of the Ellen tv show. I got fooled.
Old 06-04-2023, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
But there isn't a live release of the Unleashed, Live, and On With the Show tours

I bought tickets for the 2018 tour when it was announced but my signal to not buy tickets for additional shows should have been when they played The Chain and Gypsy of the Ellen tv show. I got fooled.
I've wondered if the reason that they've not released video of these tours is that it's too hard to hide the karaoke?

What a sad, pathetic ending. Le sigh....
Old 06-04-2023, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I always assumed in their minds - they had just released Live in Boston in 2004 which presented the 'new' Fleetwood Mac as a foursome sans Christine. So, would there be a market for a release of a show from Unleashed or the 2013 tour. As for On With the Show, did we need another The Dance? But more importantly, did we need a release showcasing the decline in all of them from The Dance to On With the Show?

However, their 2018-19 shows - they have two brand new members. Superstars from other bands. The setlist is full of so called gems - the rarities we never get. Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All the Things You Do, Hypnotized, Hold Me, Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', the first time ever performance of All Over Again, Oh Well...so many songs that evil Lindsey would have never allowed in a setlist (seriously he would not have touched most of those). Plus of course, reinvigorated versions of the classics. Why not put this out? It would have made a great release. Was she still crackhead dancing through Gold Dust Woman at this point? That alone would be worth a video release.

And it's not that hard at this point to release something audio quickly on a streaming service. Hell, 10 years ago the Stones released a live album of their Hyde Park shows about a week after the second concert ended. And they had to 'clean it up' since Keith completely flubbed up the opening to Start Me Up not just at one of the shows, but both times.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always assumed in their minds - they had just released Live in Boston in 2004 which presented the 'new' Fleetwood Mac as a foursome sans Christine. So, would there be a market for a release of a show from Unleashed or the 2013 tour. As for On With the Show, did we need another The Dance? But more importantly, did we need a release showcasing the decline in all of them from The Dance to On With the Show?

However, their 2018-19 shows - they have two brand new members. Superstars from other bands. The setlist is full of so called gems - the rarities we never get. Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All the Things You Do, Hypnotized, Hold Me, Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', the first time ever performance of All Over Again, Oh Well...so many songs that evil Lindsey would have never allowed in a setlist (seriously he would not have touched most of those). Plus of course, reinvigorated versions of the classics. Why not put this out? It would have made a great release. Was she still crackhead dancing through Gold Dust Woman at this point? That alone would be worth a video release.

And it's not that hard at this point to release something audio quickly on a streaming service. Hell, 10 years ago the Stones released a live album of their Hyde Park shows about a week after the second concert ended. And they had to 'clean it up' since Keith completely flubbed up the opening to Start Me Up not just at one of the shows, but both times.
I got that Live in Hyde Park album on iTunes! "Scarf Me Up"
Also The Stones got a new song out during the pandemic which hit number one in a few countries I think. Also wasn't All The Rage a new song too or was it just new vocals from Mick?
Old 06-04-2023, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

I sort of agree with your point (why OWTS was not recorded) that even though OWTS was a huge success, the band was in decline and they just released an earlier tour video. But Chris coming back was huge so its still a bit confusing. But remember, even during OWTS there was talk there would be a studio album and final tour of the 5. Maybe they were holding out for that last farewell tour with album to record a show. We all know who ruined that.
I have total disagreement with you about the "gems" Dont Dream Its Over and Free Fallin. Thank goodness this was not professionally recorded. Even though it was the last act of the Mac, is this really what they want remembered for? Part Fleetwood Mac, part Heartbreakers, part Crowded House? Sadly they could not even let one of the guys sing Black Magic Woman or the crowd would walk out. It would be hideous for there to be no Mirage professional live video of Hold Me, No The Dance video of Hold Me, No OWTS video of Hold Me but there would be a Crowded House version? God Help Us!
Old 06-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I sort of agree with your point (why OWTS was not recorded) that even though OWTS was a huge success, the band was in decline and they just released an earlier tour video. But Chris coming back was huge so its still a bit confusing. But remember, even during OWTS there was talk there would be a studio album and final tour of the 5. Maybe they were holding out for that last farewell tour with album to record a show. We all know who ruined that.
I have total disagreement with you about the "gems" Dont Dream Its Over and Free Fallin. Thank goodness this was not professionally recorded. Even though it was the last act of the Mac, is this really what they want remembered for? Part Fleetwood Mac, part Heartbreakers, part Crowded House? Sadly they could not even let one of the guys sing Black Magic Woman or the crowd would walk out. It would be hideous for there to be no Mirage professional live video of Hold Me, No The Dance video of Hold Me, No OWTS video of Hold Me but there would be a Crowded House version? God Help Us!
Aw man I HATE when my sarcasm doesn’t come through. Totally sarcastic with the “gem” stuff. That Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Fallin’ were placed into a Fleetwood Mac set and were allegedly highlights every night was truly embarrassing.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also I would love a OWTS album/video to showcase Christine’s return. There’s more than enough differing material from The Dance to make this worthwhile. They were absolutely in decline but it was still a highly presentable show every night.