The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard Lindsey interviews where he detailed his bolstering of Dreams. Stevie knows that he enlivens her songs, in my belief. Lindsey's instrumental "tension" and "emotion" in that song is what makes the renowned chorus memorable for me. SN did an awesome job with the writing but I believe LB gave it the legendary sound and vibe that rocketed it to success.
I love being able to share a thought in America!
Old 06-23-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree 100 percent. People think it was Stevie but the real genius behind FM was LB. His production took them places the made them stand out from other bands soundwise. Love him or hate him, he made them unique. When left to their own devices they slip into blandness and cheese.
Behind the Mask was horrid!!!! Only charted and sold some copies because of Tango.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Apparently whingeing about Lindsey (oh the injustice that someone who didn't want to work/tour full time [no solo in between] got fired!) and bitching about Mick ("What an a$$hole!") is perfectly fine in the Rumours forum. However, actually talking about the current line up of Fleetwood Mac which contains 4/5 Rumours members just like the Say You Will line up - just that instead of back up guitarists and singers they have Mike and Neil - is verboten. Instead these discussions have been relegated to the Post-Rumours forum.

Is this fair?
No darling it's not. This whole forum thing has turned into a complete clusterf=ck. The mods have said the Rumours forum is where the current band lineup is to be discussed. Yet there are the Lindsey five (I like five, it's always been a very lucky number for me) who piss and moan like they're being tortured and acting like psychotic traffic cops yammering on about where this or that should go. I'd like to tell them where to go (it's a real long way to go). Anyway just a friendly word of advice. Trying to do anything about this situation here (I'm not talking about abs) is a bit like tilting at windmills (that's a Carlos Castaneda reference for those of you who can't keep up.)
Old 06-23-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
You'll be happy to know the moderators agree with you!

I happen to disagree. I believe that the addition of two members who were not a part of the Rumours line-up means that the band no longer qualifies as the Rumours line-up.

I know you do not agree. That is fine.

However, I feel my logic is quite solid, and I will continue to follow my own reasoning in this regard when it comes to where I post my topics.

I do not see that as "unfair."
Technically it should have its own forum but we have been advised that ain't gonna happen.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 06-23-2018 at 02:07 PM..
Old 06-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
I don't have a problem with it. I may still be p*ssed but I still wish them the best of luck and will be mildly curious to hear how they sound on everything. I still won't be going but I'll be curious. As to where the discussions take place, it makes since I guess since the majority of that line-up is still in tact.
I find it hard to believe (and I'm not talking about you here) that people are going into anaphylactic shock or having seizures at the mere mention of some you know whos.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
FM is dead. Who cares where you post.
Then why in God's name are you wasting your time posting here? Maybe you should go take a sh!t on their Walk of Fame star and that will make you feel better.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Without Lindsey, it’s no longer the Rumours lineup and the band is really not Fleetwood Mac. He was the creative source behind its success.
Using that logic it's not FM without Peter Green.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I agree 100 percent. People think it was Stevie but the real genius behind FM was LB.
Even Stevie acknowledges Lindsey's driving force of Fleetwood Mac. No one thinks Stevie engineered the FM sound. No one.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I've heard Lindsey interviews where he detailed his bolstering of Dreams. Stevie knows that he enlivens her songs, in my belief. Lindsey's instrumental "tension" and "emotion" in that song is what makes the renowned chorus memorable for me. SN did an awesome job with the writing but I believe LB gave it the legendary sound and vibe that rocketed it to success.
I love being able to share a thought in America!
Bolstering of Dreams? Mmmm... not so much. She wrote it on a Fender Rhodes piano in Sly Stones hideaway room in Sausalito and brought it upstairs to the band in the studio who promptly recorded it. Less was more with that song.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Trying to do anything about this situation here (I'm not talking about abs) is a bit like tilting at windmills (that's a Carlos Castaneda reference for those of you who can't keep up.)
I think Cervantes would have a thing or two to say about that!

Old 06-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Technically it should have its own forum but we have been advised that ain't gonna happen.
True. Oh well.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bolstering of Dreams? Mmmm... not so much. She wrote it on a Fender Rhodes piano in Sly Stones hideaway room in Sausalito and brought it upstairs to the band in the studio who promptly recorded it. Less was more with that song.
I think even nominal fans know the story of the writing of Dreams by now. Didn't Christine also say that the song was really boring as presented until Lindsey and the other instrumentalist did their magic

Old 06-23-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think even nominal fans know the story of the writing of Dreams by now. Didn't Christine also say that the song was really boring as presented until Lindsey and the other instrumentalist did their magic
She may well have but I don't recall. I just don't think he did that much with Dreams. There are plenty of other great examples with Gypsy immediately coming to mind.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think Cervantes would have a thing or two to say about that!
Oh my stars! I am getting my Don Quixote and Don Juan mixed up! Tequila! Peyote! Ay yi yi! The only one that can't keep up is me.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I remember something to that effect and Christine commenting "but she sang it beautifully". As if not to take all the credit from Stevie. And Stevie did write some really good lyrics to the song. But the band gave it its' full on embellished sound.