User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I used his quote on purpose. Honestly, I really think all he meant from that was having two women talking to each other sped it up for Stevie and Christine. I don't think he thinks that Christine broke up their relationship.
I don't either

I just get a bit tired of his continued insistence on victimhood regarding his relationship with Stevie. And his ongoing, outdated ideas about women.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I don't either

I just get a bit tired of his continued insistence on victimhood regarding his relationship with Stevie. And his ongoing, outdated ideas about women.
Surprisingly, Mick owns his stuff more than any of them. He talks about how he's ruined marriages, finances, etc...

Christine owned her need of therapy which was cool.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Surprisingly, Mick owns his stuff more than any of them. He talks about how he's ruined marriages, finances, etc...

Christine owned her need of therapy which was cool.
John has owned his struggles with alcohol throughout the years, too. I think the Brits are the most honest and objective about themselves.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used his quote on purpose. Honestly, I really think all he meant from that was having two women talking to each other sped it up for Stevie and Christine. I don't think he thinks that Christine broke up their relationship.
Right. He has always said that he and Stevie had problems to begin with, before they ever met FM and maybe they would have worked it out and maybe they wouldn't have. And I don't think he saw Christine as a conspirator as much as he saw her as a sounding board for Stevie.

Stevie has said the same thing herself about her and Christine only having each other to talk to about the crazy men.

I don't agree with you that they were like sisters. I mean, yes sisters .... I think the entire band has a sibling relationship with each other, but I think Christine only sees Stevie as a little sister that you love, but might not have much in common with, rather than as a confidant. And I think that was true even in the early days and they were closest when they were sharing that condo, while recording, but that was probably just about it. I think they have love, but not a great connection.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-12-2015 at 12:48 PM..
Old 03-12-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Right. He has always said that he and Stevie had problems to begin with, before they ever met FM and maybe they would have worked it out and maybe they wouldn't have. And I don't think he saw Christine as a conspirator as much as he saw her as a sounding board for Stevie.

Stevie has said the same thing herself about her and Christine only having each other to talk to about the crazy men.

I don't agree with you that they were like sisters. I mean, yes sisters .... I think the entire band has a sibling relationship with each other, but I think Christine only sees Stevie as a little sister that you love, but might not have much in common with, rather than as a confidant. And I think that was true even in the early days and they were closest when they were sharing that condo, while recording, but that was probably just about it. I think they have love, but not a great connection.

Michele
I do think they took some trips together in the early days. I know they went to Hawaii together during the Rumours recording break. But still, I do tend to agree that they say they were closer than they actually were.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, and look carefully at some of the things Stevie has said about their relationship over the years "Chris and I didn't have anyone else to talk to" "We only had each other" i.e. in this world of all men.

By the time they get to even the recording of Rumours, Stevie had her coterie of girlfriends, certainly starting with Robin and then Mary (who Richard says met Stevie after she, Mary, started dating Richard and was hanging around them all the time) and her closeness with Chris changed to more colleagues in the band rather than personal friends who hung out outside of work and confided their secrets. Once the band circle began to grow and include more women, Stevie got her friendship from those other women more than Chris.

And of course Chris has always said about herself that she was more of a tomboy, that she loved the company of men and tended to hang out more with men. I just don't ever see Chris staying up all night doing her makeup and trying on different outfits and taking selfies.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie will probobly do a North American tour behind 24 Karat Gold summer 2016. Then FWM will release a new album 2017. While she tours the rest of the band or Dave Stewart or Both can work on the new album.

They seem to like anniversaries. 1977, 1987, 1997 were all huge years. Those re issued Albums came out I think in 2007?
Old 03-12-2015, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And of course Chris has always said about herself that she was more of a tomboy, that she loved the company of men and tended to hang out more with men. I just don't ever see Chris staying up all night doing her makeup and trying on different outfits and taking selfies.
Yes, Stevie made that joke a few weeks ago saying she would ask Chris if she wanted to come and dress up and take pictures in the wee hours of the morning and Chris would say, "No, I'm good."

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post

They seem to like anniversaries. 1977, 1987, 1997 were all huge years. Those re issued Albums came out I think in 2007?
Nope, 2004. And still waiting on the next batch.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, Stevie made that joke a few weeks ago saying she would ask Chris if she wanted to come and dress up and take pictures in the wee hours of the morning and Chris would say, "No, I'm good."

Michele
Chris clearly didn't consume the vast quantities of coke that Stevie did to fuel those all-nighters
Old 03-12-2015, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's return changed the balance in the band in a way that really was not favorable to Stevie. I mean, Stevie's individual success automatically gives her power in FM, but she already had that and keeps that. I'm saying that Christine's return doesn't give her anything more. Creatively, Christine doesn't side with Stevie in any band matters and never has. So, Christine being there doesn't give her a new ally on stage and in the studio. In fact, it gives Lindsey one. And it probably gives him two that he didn't have, because John probably tends to side with whatever Chris wants to do.

Even the SYW album probably wouldn't have been that much different with Chris around, other than the fact that Lindsey would have 6 songs instead of 9. Christine probably wouldn't have liked Come being on the album, but I doubt that she would have blocked it. With Christine contributing songs like SYHA herself, Lindsey would have been all the more intent on contrasting with her by adding Come, Morrow and Rover to the album, than he was without her there. So, Christine adds balance by her contributions, but she doesn't change Lindsey creatively.

She may change him socially though and her presence might make his personality more palatable, but even that is different than it was in the old days. I think that when Christine was gone, Stevie gained more power within the band than she had ever possessed before Christine left and Lindsey tried harder to please Stevie and to bite his tongue than he had in the past. They had to be more of a team, perforce, when Christine was not there than they do now.

Quote:
Chris clearly didn't consume the vast quantities of coke that Stevie did to fuel those all-nighters
I guess alcohol took the edge off of whatever coke that Christine had. But the energy that Stevie had was hilarious. You can see it in the Tusk photo shoot.

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I guess alcohol took the edge off of whatever coke that Christine had. But the energy that Stevie had was hilarious. You can see it in the Tusk photo shoot.

Michele
egads, about 5 minutes into the limo tapes and I'd be pushing her out the dam door. And to imagine her cocaine intake only got exponentially greater.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
egads, about 5 minutes into the limo tapes and I'd be pushing her out the dam door. And to imagine her cocaine intake only got exponentially greater.
God you're so right. Listening to her talk had to make you wanna jump off a cliff. I remember when they were talking about Hold Me. And Christine was trying to tell her Lindsey is singing on one of her songs. And she kept saying, "I'm done I'm done.. "...
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
God you're so right. Listening to her talk had to make you wanna jump off a cliff. I remember when they were talking about Hold Me. And Christine was trying to tell her Lindsey is singing on one of her songs. And she kept saying, "I'm done I'm done.. "...
It's over. It's over. It's over.

At one point on one of the tapes Christine asks her if she can just be quiet for awhile.

Oh remember the video where Christine tells her to stop with the stuffed animal. Was it Bugs Bunny or some other toy? So funny.

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
It's over. It's over. It's over.

At one point on one of the tapes Christine asks her if she can just be quiet for awhile.

Oh remember the video where Christine tells her to stop with the stuffed animal. Was it Bugs Bunny or some other toy? So funny.

Michele
Christine scolds Stevie to be serious... throws the bunny over the console.. then with a serious look says, "Warner Brothers... " then starts cracking up...