User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Why does it have to be a girl??? For years CM was the only one.
The new person would probably cover a few Stevie songs. I don't hear Joe Walsh doing Gypsy or Gold Dust Woman.

Michele
Old 02-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The new person would probably cover a few Stevie songs. I don't hear Joe Walsh doing Gypsy or Gold Dust Woman.

Michele
Christine could sing a few of Stevie's songs or Stevie's songs could be sung by a guy with CM doing harmonies.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Yea.She's more into country now which is great.

I would love to see FM on country radio with her and beat the crap out of these young so called country artists off the charts.

Since Stevie's and the Mac's rock tunes are in the same boat as Sheryl's .Maybe they should of tried it years ago.
Sheryl always had some country influences. Just because she made a country album doesn't mean she has somehow transformed herself into a full-on country artist. There are now more pop influences in country music than ever before, and vice verse. I don't think Sheryl's country album sold any better or worse than her other albums.

Fleetwood Mac has lots of country influences in some of their music. Entertaining the prospect that Fleetwood Mac's next/last album could be a country album, how would that be? Just referencing all the stereotypical topics/images: small towns, truck stops, country roads, farms, chickens and hen houses, mama in the kitchen, daddy working hard to make living, etc...? I just don't see that happening, especially not now.

Stevie has the potential to make a great country album. Her early influence was country music, and it's very evident in many of the songs she has written. She's like a rock and roll Dolly.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 02-25-2015 at 07:53 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Sheryl always had some country influences. Just because she made a country album doesn't mean she has somehow transformed herself into a full-on country artist. There are now more pop influences in country music than ever before. I don't think Sheryl's country album sold any better or worse than her other albums.

Fleetwood Mac has lots of country influences in some of their music. Entertaining the prospect that Fleetwood Mac's next/last album could be a country album, how would that be? Just referencing all the stereotypical topics/images: small towns, truck stops, country roads, farms, chickens and hen houses, mama in the kitchen, daddy working hard to make living, etc...? I just don't see that happening, especially not now.

Stevie has the potential to make a great country album. Her early influence was country music, and it's very evident in many of the songs she has written. She's like a rock and roll Dolly.
Yep. Before FM Waddy had Stevie listening to Dolly's records. It Stevie wants to do a countryish record why not take Dave and Waddy back to Nashville bring in the wrecking crew again and do a "Vault" record of her grandfathers songs.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why does it have to be a girl??? For years CM was the only one. Why not bring in another male guitar player? Could ask Peter Frampton if he wants to tour with them. He has been in a band before and has a bunch of songs that would fit the FM set list or how about Joe Walsh? He's been in big bands and had his share of solo hits not to mention it would add to the whole dysfunctional FM thing ( now there would be 3 ex boyfriends on stage) and after dealing with the Eagles do you think any FM soap opera would phase him? LB might enjoy having another guy to jam with on stage. Peter or Joe would give LB a run for the money.
Meh. The Eagles already ruined Stevie. No need to have one of them ruin Fleetwood Mac. I mean, James Gang Joe Walsh is a far cry from The Eagles Joe Walsh. And, I never need to hear Peter Frampton ever again. I think he's more overplayed been Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine could sing a few of Stevie's songs or Stevie's songs could be sung by a guy with CM doing harmonies.

Always interesting to see other artists performing Fleetwood Mac songs. This one was nothing special; just okay. I recognize the name Grace Potter. Not too impressed with her, based on this clip.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. Before FM Waddy had Stevie listening to Dolly's records. It Stevie wants to do a countryish record why not take Dave and Waddy back to Nashville bring in the wrecking crew again and do a "Vault" record of her grandfathers songs.
Excellent idea! I didn't know Waddy informed Stevie with Dolly. But it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tidbit!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine could sing a few of Stevie's songs

Have you EVER heard Christine sing one of Stevie's songs? That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard on The Ledge.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Have you EVER heard Christine sing one of Stevie's songs? That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard on The Ledge.

her Rhiannon isn't so hot either.

I'm really surprised they didn't just have Lindsey sing her songs--especially Gypsy. Weird.

ETA: listening again, that doesn't sound like it's Lindsey playing guitar…. is it Billy and Rick??

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-25-2015 at 08:17 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
her Rhiannon isn't so hot either.

I'm really surprised they didn't just have Lindsey sing her songs--especially Gypsy. Weird.

ETA: listening again, that doesn't sound like it's Lindsey playing guitar…. is it Billy and Rick??
I'm pretty sure that's Lindsey. The guitar sounds like the Turner.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Excellent idea! I didn't know Waddy informed Stevie with Dolly. But it makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tidbit!
If you go and find Waddy's interview (here on the Ledge ) it's quite interesting.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 02-25-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 02-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Of course it would be different. Could you imagine SN singing "Songbird"? Although I wonder what an LB "Songbird" on the guitar would sound like?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course it would be different. Could you imagine SN singing "Songbird"? Although I wonder what an LB "Songbird" on the guitar would sound like?
He could have done an amazing solo acoustic instrumental version.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Why does it have to be a girl??? For years CM was the only one. Why not bring in another male guitar player? Could ask Peter Frampton if he wants to tour with them. He has been in a band before and has a bunch of songs that would fit the FM set list or how about Joe Walsh? He's been in big bands and had his share of solo hits not to mention it would add to the whole dysfunctional FM thing ( now there would be 3 ex boyfriends on stage) and after dealing with the Eagles do you think any FM soap opera would phase him? LB might enjoy having another guy to jam with on stage. Peter or Joe would give LB a run for the money.
Question: Would you be more into the band if Frampton was added?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just don't get how Stevie could actually leave. She has always talked about how she would "never leave the band." She has also talked at length in the past about how Christine was her best friend and how she would love to have her back, and then when she came back- how nice it was to have her best friend back. Why would she leave now and not be involved. It doesn't make sense. She'd be doing exactly what she has always said she wouldn't do......and why she attacked Lindsey when he said he was leaving. I could be wrong, but I hope not.